The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Greg Frewin's Origami illusion (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Alex Kilcup
View Profile
New user
Sault Ste. Marie
48 Posts

Profile of Alex Kilcup
Hi, does anybody know where I would be able to purchase the mirror like Greg Frewin uses in his show with his origami illusion? Basically instead of swords he puts a black cloth over top of the mirror and breaks the mirror, removes the cloth and you can clearly see the mirror broken into jagged long mirror segments. He uses those as the swords. When he pulls them out of the box he places them back onto the frame of the mirror, puts the cloth back over broken mirror waves his hands and removes the cloth and the mirror is now restored. I thought if I could find out where or who made that mirror illusion I would want to buy one and use it with my sword basket or another illusion it would just be a very useful prop to have.
Cody Moynihan
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of Cody Moynihan
Alex Kilcup
View Profile
New user
Sault Ste. Marie
48 Posts

Profile of Alex Kilcup
Thanks Cody, but do you know of a place that sells a broken and restored mirror, around the same size.
sperris
View Profile
Special user
http://www.Anti-Conjuror.com
881 Posts

Profile of sperris
He just told you...
DANSPERRY.COM
w_s_anderson
View Profile
Inner circle
The United States
1226 Posts

Profile of w_s_anderson
Are you looking for the Origami as well as the mirror, or just the broken and restored mirror piece?
Alex Kilcup
View Profile
New user
Sault Ste. Marie
48 Posts

Profile of Alex Kilcup
Yah I'm just looking for the mirror. I should have made that clearer on my other post.
w_s_anderson
View Profile
Inner circle
The United States
1226 Posts

Profile of w_s_anderson
I think the only place to get one like that would be from Wellington. I am not sure if they make them seperate from the whole illusion though. It would be worth a call.
Chezaday
View Profile
Inner circle
Naperville, IL
1673 Posts

Profile of Chezaday
Before you get too excited .. the shards of mirror are very thin pieces of Plexi-mirror, less than a 1/4" thick. I've actually played with the prop that Greg used for years.

I was considering this version years ago and I'm glad I went with the standard version with the swords. The swords will hold up much better over time.

If anything get a set of swords from Wellington Enterprises .. that's what I would do.

Steve
Alex Kilcup
View Profile
New user
Sault Ste. Marie
48 Posts

Profile of Alex Kilcup
Hey Steve, thank you for the information it will definitely make me rethink everything before I decide to purchase the prop. But question say I purchased Gregs version and after some years of use I stopped using the mirror and purchased swords. Would I be able to use them or is the entire prop designed different for use by the mirrors? I hope you understand what I'm trying to say.

Alex
Chezaday
View Profile
Inner circle
Naperville, IL
1673 Posts

Profile of Chezaday
Hi Alex, that's a good question .. but, I'm pretty sure that the dimensions and cut-outs for the swords are standard. There is only so much room to play with and everything has to line up just the same on the box.

Steve
Sorcerer
View Profile
Loyal user
289 Posts

Profile of Sorcerer
Hi Alex

Are you sure you want that mirror for other illusion?

Breaking mirror and using the shards of mirror as swords is cool but restoration is the weakest part of Frewin's routine, perhaps too obvious, even for lay people. It's offset cause mirror belongs to origami illusion, but I don't think that mirror enhances other routines. You'd better think twice
Alex Kilcup
View Profile
New user
Sault Ste. Marie
48 Posts

Profile of Alex Kilcup
I will thank you.
tropicalillusions
View Profile
Special user
Tulsa Okla
631 Posts

Profile of tropicalillusions
The breaking and restoring of the mirror did serve it purpose of establishing Greg Frewin as a unique thinker in magic and his own special breed of magician and illusionsist. It true purpose though behind it was to come into play with his master plan of using the mirror for the magical transposition from himself to his beautiful wife Allana. The added extra plus was the creativity to get away from the standard sword use by every magician out there.... as they say to each their own. and on his own... Greg frewin is doing very well with his Theater at the Falls.
sperris
View Profile
Special user
http://www.Anti-Conjuror.com
881 Posts

Profile of sperris
When frewin did this with the run around it was kick ****ing ass
DANSPERRY.COM
tropicalillusions
View Profile
Special user
Tulsa Okla
631 Posts

Profile of tropicalillusions
Amen brother
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Greg Frewin's Origami illusion (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL