We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » A $599 card trick - Perfect Prediction by Malloy Modern Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
I was wondering if anybody owns this, and if so, can you please provide a review? This is a $599 card trick so it must be good? Smile

Please read the following carefully, as it’s exactly what your audience will see:

A deck of cards is shown, and is held in full view throughout the performance. You announce that you will perform “THE PERFECT PREDICTION”.
A person is selected from the audience (either by random choice or by throwing out a ping pong ball, etc.). He’s asked to state his name and choose either Red or Black. After doing so, he now gets to pick someone at random.
This second person states their name and (if RED was chosen) chooses either Hearts or Diamonds, or (if BLACK was chosen) chooses either Clubs or Spades. This second person now chooses a third person.
The third person gives their name and then names any card from Ace to King.
They then select a fourth, random member of the audience.
This final volunteer gives their name and chooses any number from 1 to 52.
A dry erase board is brought out, and all of the selections are written down for verification. The LAST volunteer opens the deck of cards, and counts down to the number (from 1 to 52) that was previously selected. That card now has a RED back, while the rest of the deck is BLUE. This card is turned over to reveal that it is entirely THE WRONG CARD! But you tell him to examine it closely, and he will see your prediction - written around the edges of this card are the names and selections of ALL the participants!!
The best is yet to come: You turn over the deck and show that ALL of the remaining 51 cards are the Selected Card!! UNBELIEVEABLE – It’s the "PERFECT CHOICE!"

The Perfect Choice involves no audience stooges or forces whatsoever, and it comes complete with the following:

* Dry Erase Board and Hanging Stand * Carrying case * Instructional DVD

*The very special gimmick to perform this mind-blowing effect!

* AND…Full performance rights for this very unique routine!

Regards,
Mike
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
Oh yes, here is the link to a live performance demo:

http://www.malloymodernmagic.com/perfect_choice.htm

Thoughts, anybody?

Regards,
Mike
Waterloophai
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1227 Posts

Profile of Waterloophai
5,99$ is even to much for that trick
PsiDroid
View Profile
Inner circle
2141 Posts

Profile of PsiDroid
Lol
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2738 Posts

Profile of lunatik
I'm sure this will require a lot of work to pull off. could one just perform them as a closeup effect? The spec just names a card and starts dealing down to the prediction card and all the rest are the named card? Probably not Smile but if so, I'd be interested!
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
jazzy snazzy
View Profile
Inner circle
run off by a mob of Villagers wielding
2108 Posts

Profile of jazzy snazzy
Thanks anyway. I'll just tell everyone that I paid $599 for my invisible deck.
"The secret of life is to look good from a distance."
-Charles Schulz
INMOTION
View Profile
Regular user
Ohio
182 Posts

Profile of INMOTION
I used to own and perform this effect. I performed this effect around 5 or 6 times, and each time it played very well. It is a unique prediction effect, in comparison to the dream car, vacaction, date, etc.
It is not a one man effect, and is suited for parlor or stage shows. There were several things I did not like with the original performance / method, so I came up with my own ideas on a way to present this. Like most prediction effects, you have to be somewhat careful with this one, as it is almost to "perfect", which is why I changed mine up a bit.
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
Immotion, when you say it is not a one man effect, do you mean that you need to do it in front of many individuals, or do you mean that you need an assistant for it to work?

Besides being too "perfect", what were the other things you did not like about the original performance?

Thanks for the info!

Regards,
Mike
Chance Wolf
View Profile
Inner circle
2425 Posts

Profile of Chance Wolf
It requires an assistant offstage to some degree.
Creator of Wacky Wolf Productions & Fine Collectibles

A DECADE of building Magic and we're just getting started!

http://www.wolfsmagic.com
Dick Christian
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Virginia (Metro DC)
2620 Posts

Profile of Dick Christian
Certainly a remarkable effect. Obviously requires an offstage assistant to do the dirty work. It's a *** shame that the performer in the demo chose to perform before a packed house in a large, well equipped auditorium dressed like a totally unkempt slob thereby demonstrating his complete lack of regard for his audience as well as his own appearance. As the owner/operator of an entertainment agency if any performer I booked ever showed up for a performance looking like that he'd never work for me again.
Dick Christian
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5649 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On 2010-03-25 19:07, Waterloophai wrote:
5,99$ is even to much for that trick

Smile Smile

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET, there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
kambiz
View Profile
Inner circle
Perth, down by the cool of the pool
1129 Posts

Profile of kambiz
It lost its cleanliness as soon as the performer picked up the deck.......from then on it became a $5.99 effect in my eyes

Kam
If I speak forth, many a mind will shatter,
And if I write, many a pen will break.
.....and when I consider my own self, lo, I find it coarser than clay!
ryesteve
View Profile
Regular user
193 Posts

Profile of ryesteve
For this kind of money, I'd expect to be fooled at least a >little< bit.
Tony Razzano
View Profile
Inner circle
South River, NJ
1583 Posts

Profile of Tony Razzano
In addition to what Dick said, I found the method transparent. You can have the same impact with Osterlind's BCS at a much better price.
Best regards,
<BR>Tony Razzano, Past President, PEA
Winner of the PEA"s Bascom Jones and Bob Haines Awards
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2969 Posts

Profile of niva
No surprise regarding the price...
Yours,

Ivan
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4620 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
That's an expensive DS! I watched this video some time ago, and also found the performer handling the deck a big disappointment. Also, the result of the "prediction" is SO contrived, that the method almost screams itself out. There are other methods to achieve a similar effect which are much cleaner - for instance, the cards are in a closed box and the performer never touches them (Nostradamus' Chest). No colour change, actual card prediction, or names of spectators divined, though.
Potty Smile
Scott Imler
View Profile
Special user
Calgary, Canada
542 Posts

Profile of Scott Imler
I agree although I understand where some of the cost is occured . For a DS its way over priced IMO. Also its a weak justification for the dry erase board. No need to recap what card was picked. I know you are saying "but what about recapping the names". IMO the prediction of the names and what they picked is way too much, it deflates the value of the card effect. Way too much going on here.The strength of one effect takes away from the other. The sum of the two is weaker than the seperate parts . 2 cents spent
rnaviaux
View Profile
Loyal user
277 Posts

Profile of rnaviaux
Having the 33rd card be red got a very strong response from the guy on stage. Then it's the wrong card. Seems like flaw in effect design. Then the rest of the effect is trying to overcome the "mistake" and show that it wasn't really a mistake.

Better to have the 33rd card be red and the correct card and the effect is over. The audience wants to applaud when the red card appears. (I think they do at least.)
Show its the correct card and also show the writing on it if you wish of the various predictions.

It seems like the card is wrong to ensure one can read whats written on it. Be hard to read on camera if it was written on a face card. This is just a guess as to the effect's designer's mindset.

Better to have the dry erase board on stage to begin with. Write down answers as they are being shouted out. (Though I do like the presentation of I didn't remember everything said so lets get a dry erase board out here. Nice touch.)

Have an assistant write the answers down on the board. The magician helps the assistant move the dry erase board forward and hands the deck to spec while he does so so his hands are free to help.

This is an effect where blocking becomes very important.
mrmagic0
View Profile
Inner circle
Ron Frank
1514 Posts

Profile of mrmagic0
While I do not know the method (I do not own this) I suspect from what I saw the assistant HAS to bring the board later and can not be on stage writing the answers. I believe the assistant plays an integral part in the effect. I could be wrong but at least it appears that way to me.

Ron
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Potomac, MD
5266 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
The two major issues that I have with the effect relate to the Too Perfect Theory, and the fact that the final reveal is anti-climactic (1 out of 52 as opposed to the astronomical odds of getting the names and their choices correct earlier in the effect).
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » A $599 card trick - Perfect Prediction by Malloy Modern Magic (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL