We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » A $599 card trick - Perfect Prediction by Malloy Modern Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
eSamuels
View Profile
Inner circle
3061 Posts

Profile of eSamuels
I own and use this effect - but quite differently from how it is suggested/presented. In fact, I had come up with a very similar idea, and when I found out that it was an existing marketed effect, picked one up on the used market at a price that was too good to pass up on.

I will not speak to method, but will agree on the 'too perfect' issue, which my handling completely eliminates.

I can safely say that this plays very strong, but does require the 'right' conditions and somewhat careful handling.
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
I agree with ryesteve, I really expected to be fooled for that kind of money. I'm fooled more by people who do memdeck work. That fooled me about $25 worth. The method really seems transparent to many of us, there isn't any super-duper electronics here, so I'm not sure exactly why this is priced so high.
TonyPorter
View Profile
Regular user
180 Posts

Profile of TonyPorter
I'd imagine that one reason this is priced high is due to the decks involved.
Gerry Hennessey
View Profile
Special user
855 Posts

Profile of Gerry Hennessey
Quote:
On 2010-03-26 06:13, Dick Christian wrote:
It's a *** shame that the performer in the demo chose to perform before a packed house in a large, well equipped auditorium dressed like a totally unkempt slob thereby demonstrating his complete lack of regard for his audience as well as his own appearance. As the owner/operator of an entertainment agency if any performer I booked ever showed up for a performance looking like that he'd never work for me again.

Amen Dick. Amen
"Every discipline effects every other discipline. You can't straighten out the corporation if your closet is a mess" Jim Rohn

GerryHennessey.com
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4620 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
Quote:
On 2010-03-26 17:53, TonyPorter wrote:

it would make the whole thing a lot cheaper if the first prediction card were the correct card - that would mean no need for "over the top" predictions such as spectators' names - but of course, would make the (already weak) premise for the whiteboard almost impossible.
Potty Smile
Gilgamesh_The_Librarian
View Profile
Elite user
408 Posts

Profile of Gilgamesh_The_Librarian
As others have said its the too perfect aspect that tears this trick apart.

The odds on getting those names right and on the card are so astronomical that most right thinking people will immediate jump to the correct conclusion that nothing in the handling of the deck would dissuade them from.

Interestingly Landon couldn't wait to be out there so O even doubt the impact of this trick as presented.

So Fifty Two packs of cards and a dry wipe board for 599$ - seems rather excessive ?
Gilgamesh_The_Librarian
View Profile
Elite user
408 Posts

Profile of Gilgamesh_The_Librarian
Quote:
On 2010-03-26 17:53, TonyPorter wrote:

Depends on how much Bikes are out your way. You only have to buy 52 decks and then take all the queens of diamonds out of each deck to make a pack of all queens. Then do the same with every other card and you've got a deck ready for whatever card the spec chooses. that's not $599
thehawk
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of thehawk
Can't see anyone paying this amount for a d**k s****h.
Roger Kelly
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
3327 Posts

Profile of Roger Kelly
Gonna need one heck of case to carry that one around! But I enjoyed it!
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6583 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
Seems to me that almost the exact same same effect (and method) could be performed with two jumbo 52-on-1 cards for about $10. You'd have to eliminate the dealing/counting, which I don't consider a bad thing. I think the deal is good if the card is right, but silly to go through all that for the wrong card.

Not my cup of tea.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4620 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
I have "Synchronicity" by Mark Strivings. This is a similar sort of prediction effect, ideal for large audiences as in the demo vid of "Perfect Prediction". Synchronicity requires some pre-show work, which is easy enough, and a moderate level of sleight-of-hand skill. But it enables you to make similar predictions about a "random spectator" that are beyond belief. The final "prediction" details the exact clothing that the spectator is wearing - the colour of their shoes, dress/jacket, and anything unusual about them. the difference is that this is a one-man effect, and nothing needs to be written during the presentation.
This thread has been useful for me, as it occurs to me that combining "Synchronicity" with a card prediction could be very strong. I think an almost identical effect could be created, with NO need for assistants, off-stage work, or the like.
Potty Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » A $599 card trick - Perfect Prediction by Malloy Modern Magic (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL