The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Coincidence - Bill Simon (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Hi guys, Effective Card Magic by Bill Simon is one of my favourite card books. Written by Jean Hugard and illustrated by Stanley Jaks, it is chock full of regular deck card magic gems. My favourite! Anyway, I always overlooked the first effect in the book- for years. Long story short, I'm having a beer at 4 am one night (long story) and I say to myself okay fine, mr. Simon, let's go through your first effect with cards in hand! (Party animal huh?) So I did it- and I'm glad I did. This is a wonderful and astounding mystery. There is a set up involved but its not too involved. It is totally self working and I fooled myself with it three times. I hav ent shown it to anyone yet but I certainly will. I see it will lend itself well to a serious demonstration of the mysrerious or the strange- or psychic phenomena, or ... Coincidence. Awesome trick. Thankyou once again, Bill Simon.

Rodney
MagicofDesperado
View Profile
Elite user
487 Posts

Profile of MagicofDesperado
Is this the one with the prophecy move? Don't have my book handy...

Dave
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Desperado, this is not the one with the prophecy move.
it requires a small setup but the effect is quite surprising. Nothing earth shattering, but a very effective little mystery with cards.
MagicofDesperado
View Profile
Elite user
487 Posts

Profile of MagicofDesperado
Yes I looked it up. Very nice. Good call. The one that I can't seem to do well is the Sympathetic control, which is I believe the 5th effect. With Queens turning over in separate specs packets. I think that trick would be a great start for a routine of several tricks involving queens and their temperament lol

I don't like the add ons in that trick, can't get it smooth. Have you ever performed that trick?

Dave
JTE
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of JTE
I know the Prophecy move with stay stack. Anyone have a recommendation for this move with the Stebbins stack?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Coincidence - Bill Simon (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL