The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Non Sleight pakcet effects (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
723sabre
View Profile
Loyal user
260 Posts

Profile of 723sabre
Quote:
On 2010-03-29 19:27, magicfish wrote:
Psychic Twins- Max Maven

magicfish got me on to this one and it's very good. It will take me a bit of practice to do it well, but it's really a great two phase routine.
Thanks magicfish for bringing this one up!
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
Quote:
On 2010-04-11 03:14, cinful823 wrote:
Out of this world might be one of them! strong effect and no sleight of hand!

Since the traditional OOTW goes through the entire deck its hardly a packet trick Smile

Paul.
ReviewerMaster
View Profile
Veteran user
307 Posts

Profile of ReviewerMaster
Second Psychic Twins- Max Maven.
konjurer
View Profile
Veteran user
Iowa
395 Posts

Profile of konjurer
Quote:
On 2010-03-26 13:14, Spellbinder wrote:
I don't have the Scarne book, but I did look up "Duo Spell" in the Karl Fulves book "More Self Working Card Tricks" and found that it requires a reverse faro, which, to a fumble-fingers like me, means more cards to pick up from the floor.

Spellbinder,

I'm surprised that no one has pointed this out but the Reverse Faro is not a sleight, even by your definition. It has little in common with the Faro Shuffle. It is simply going through the cards and outjogging every other card. It takes no skill whatsoever.

Someone please correct me if I am confused which is entirely possible!

The DL is way more difficult to execute correctly than a reverse faro. As someone suggest, learn the Elmsley Count. It is completely worth the effort as so many great packet trick use that count. Once you have mastered the Elmsley, other counts will not be so difficult.

The 8 Card Brainwave is also a killer (almost self working) routine. Although it does require the Olram Subtlety, that sleight is incredibly easy to master. Where the Elmsley Count may take you a couple months to gain the confidence to perform, the Olram is easily mastered in one night.

Tim
===========================================
Clever stuff goes here!
PaulTemple
View Profile
New user
Scotland
61 Posts

Profile of PaulTemple
Royal Phantasy is my favourite. Four cards change from court to spot cards in the most amazing manner. Not sure if you can still get it. The basic idea came out before the war and a version was sold by Davenports in London. Its avalable in both jumbo and standard size.
Paul the conjurior
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
You may be right and I just froze up at the name "Faro" which to me meant hours of picking up cards as a teen-ager. I figure if I can't do a "Forward Faro" whatever that might be, I was never going to master a "Reverse Faro." I'll take another look at it, but my antipathy towards card tricks may make me give it up as a lost cause if I don't have immediate gratification.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
lynnef
View Profile
Inner circle
1407 Posts

Profile of lynnef
Michael Skinners 3 card monte (is it called street monte?) is a very strong trick with 2 gaffed cards. The only "sleight" involved is placing your thumb in the right place ... Easy to perform early on ... ahh but the presentation is where it's at. (check out Bill Malone's version). A lot of mileage out of a little packet with no sleights to speak of.
lynnef
View Profile
Inner circle
1407 Posts

Profile of lynnef
Bye the bye, David Regal's 'out of this borough' (his version of OOTW) uses less than half the deck. However, there is a set up involved and it's in that grey area.... is it a packet or not?
Packets shouldn't involve too much set up IMHO. eg 8 card brainwave previously mentioned resets right away!
723sabre
View Profile
Loyal user
260 Posts

Profile of 723sabre
Spellbinder,

I'm surprised that no one has pointed this out but the Reverse Faro is not a sleight, even by your definition. It has little in common with the Faro Shuffle. It is simply going through the cards and outjogging every other card. It takes no skill whatsoever.

Someone please correct me if I am confused which is entirely possible!

Tim
[/quote]
Correct, Reverse Faro is just outjogging cards. Definitiely not difficult!
majik_1
View Profile
New user
95 Posts

Profile of majik_1
How about any of the color monte's. wouldn't it fit in this category?
Phil J.
View Profile
Elite user
467 Posts

Profile of Phil J.
'That's a Fact' by Peter Duffie is a really effective self worker in which the spectator does most of the work.
You were born original... Don't die a copy Smile
iluzjonista
View Profile
Regular user
187 Posts

Profile of iluzjonista
Twisted Sisters are one of the best trick and there is no sleights at all.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Non Sleight pakcet effects (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL