We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Coins and hand thru the table (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10720 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Very nice
Click here: YouTube - ?2010???? 1080HD?17 - ???? Magic Show 2/2 ?? Liu Qian#t=78
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Merlin
View Profile
Veteran user
Palmerton, Pa
362 Posts

Profile of Merlin
Not sure if this is the one you mentioned, but this one is nice also.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uf_Bcsci-xI
Lawrens Godon
View Profile
Inner circle
France
1062 Posts

Profile of Lawrens Godon
Vinny this link won't work...
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
Merlin, that is amazing!

Thanks for the link.
Magic is a vanishing art.
KirkG
View Profile
Inner circle
1391 Posts

Profile of KirkG
Great use of props, but still am disappointed at the use of camera tricks to improve it.
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5321 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
It's Dean Dill's Triangle up until the hand penetration. Pretty cool looking. If it's not trick photography, could it work on the same principle as the old penetration frame?
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4620 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
That's a lovely presentation. If that's Dean's "Magic Triangle", I need to start saving! Love Dean's stuff!
The hand penetration at the end is great, I don't mind that there was a bit of a "camera trick" - no more of a cheat than David Blaine and many other TV magicians use regularly.
What I found very distracting was the contrast between Liu Qian's discreet theatre microphone, and the huge hand-held mic that the female presenter is holding. That darn thing takes up half the screen!
Potty Smile
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12082 Posts

Profile of John C
I LOVE this guy!! I LOVE how he has the humility to sit in that little table thing!! Great entertainer.

J
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
jazzy snazzy
View Profile
Inner circle
run off by a mob of Villagers wielding
2108 Posts

Profile of jazzy snazzy
Can anyone I.D. the music?
"The secret of life is to look good from a distance."
-Charles Schulz
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5321 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Okay, but seriously... it IS Dean's Triangle. He is using the coins, the cup, and the routine up until the end. Not a problem of course if he purchased the trick...and then re-tasked it to his table instead of Dean's portable structure. But, I am not trying to get into usage rights here. I just want to know what everyone thinks about the hand penetration. I think it CAN be done without trick photography. Look how he hides his hand with his other hand. Perfect cover for some movement in the glass surface. Again, I reference the old penetration frame. Couldn't this principle explain what he's doing here?
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12082 Posts

Profile of John C
I thought it was magic ... Smile
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
RangeCowboy
View Profile
Regular user
Long Beach
198 Posts

Profile of RangeCowboy
Yes its Deans and very well presented. He blew me away with the finale. Just one tiny flaw at 6 min 19 sec. And I guess its really classified as stage magic, but Oooo what a finish. Take a look at his other stuff - search You Tube for Liu Qian.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
No camera tricks. You went to see some more amazing Lu Chen stuff, go to http://www.petebiro.com and click on video links,
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
andrewph
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of andrewph
Quote:
On 2010-03-27 17:05, jazzy snazzy wrote:
Can anyone I.D. the music?

East of Eden, by Lee Holdridge. Its the same music that David Copperfield used when he did the T.V special. The special when he was flying on stage. I think. If not then it is "An American Hymn" with out the Lyrics.
Illucifer
View Profile
Inner circle
1385 Posts

Profile of Illucifer
The music is neither of those. It's Jerry Goldsmith's title track from the film "Powder".
It's all in the reflexes.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Coins and hand thru the table (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL