The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Joyal Stack (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MagicPresident
View Profile
Regular user
139 Posts

Profile of MagicPresident
Anybody know where I can buy his book?
MAGIC HAPPENS !
Waterloophai
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1255 Posts

Profile of Waterloophai
As far as I know it is only available in French.
I think (not sure) the English copies are out of print.
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6584 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
Even if it is OOP, I'll wager some dealers have a copy or two in stock. Check with H&R Magic Books and Daytona Magic--they both often have a pretty good stock of hard-to-find books.

Joyal's stack, BTW, is the one that I use. To me, 14 rules is a lot easier to remember than 52 words for the positions, 52 words for the cards, and 52 word associations. I had the Joyal Stack down pat after only a couple of hours.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5410 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
There's one currently listed as a "buy it now" item on the big ol' auction site.
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2762 Posts

Profile of lunatik
And it's $100!
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
todsky
View Profile
Inner circle
www.magicstore.ca
2328 Posts

Profile of todsky
I have an english version. I'm planning to use this as my memorized deck stack. Ask Martin if he has any extra copies: http://www.joyalstack.com/
Todsky's Magic Shop: over 15,000 tricks, books, DVD s and Card decks. www.magicstore.ca
Chris K
View Profile
Inner circle
2498 Posts

Profile of Chris K
Quote:
On 2010-03-27 12:23, Scott F. Guinn wrote:
Joyal's stack, BTW, is the one that I use. To me, 14 rules is a lot easier to remember than 52 words for the positions, 52 words for the cards, and 52 word associations. I had the Joyal Stack down pat after only a couple of hours.

Big ditto on this one. Seeing as I am not a magical genius like Scott (btw, I mean that, it's not sarcasm or anything), I wouldn't go so far to say I had it "down pat" after a couple of hours. I was able to muddle through it after a couple hours (was able to map card to location and location to card but had to think about it sometimes). I made a practice deck (numbers on the back) and went through it on way to work (public transportation) and that was when it got smooth for me.
kentfgunn
View Profile
Inner circle
Merritt Island FL
1639 Posts

Profile of kentfgunn
Joe Pon at the Misdirections Magic Shop in S.F. had one on the shelves last week. Their website shows it in stock.

You can order, via email, from Joe at:

misdirection@earthlink.net

KG

PS Next time you want a magic book, try this link:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Six+Hour+Memorized+Deck
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Joyal Stack (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL