The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Busking Bibliography? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3149 Posts

Profile of gaddy
OK, since we're going "comprehensive" I'd also include a book or two on Punch and Judy:
Quote:

Quote:
Punch & Judy, a History
by Speaight, George

Both of these offer historical perspective and notes on famous "professors" their lives and times, their shows -and where/when they performed them.

Quote:
Passing the hat: Street performers in America
~ Patricia J Campbell (Author)

Short bios on select street performers in the 1980's. Not an amazing book, by any means, but certainly worth a read if it falls into your hands. My good friend Jerry Salazar is featured in this book.
*due to The Magic Cafe's editorial policies, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24264 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
[quote]On 2010-05-03 11:23, epoptika wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-05-03 11:11, Bill Palmer wrote:
Quote:

Interesting note about the Cellini book -- It was originally written in English. This was translated into German. The original English disappeared somehow, and the copies that got printed in English were translated from the German back into English by a German-speaker, a Swiss I think. Hence the odd grammar, syntax and spelling.

Too bad, because this book deserved better.

It would be nice if someone could locate an original English version and publish a new improved edition. (Richard Hatch, are you listening?!)

There would be no need at all to find an original English version. An editor who is familiar with how people who butcher English when they are basing their grammar and syntax on a foreign tongue could do it from the existing English text.

However, there is one fly in the ointment. Someone who wanted to do the job would have to get permission from the present copyright holder to edit the text and publish it. I understand that there have been volunteers, but the person who owns the book doesn't understand the problem.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
epoptika
View Profile
Elite user
Florida
471 Posts

Profile of epoptika
This sounds like a suitable project for you Bill.
TheGiz
View Profile
Veteran user
335 Posts

Profile of TheGiz
The book is called "Streetwise-A guide to Magical Street Performing."
Gary McKibben. Check it out at my website. I put the book out decades before Gazzo's "Streetwise,"
http://blackbeltmagician.com

"And it's a good thing I only use my power for good!!!"
mike bonfield
View Profile
Regular user
177 Posts

Profile of mike bonfield
Jim Haviland Davenports Lecture Video (I believe this was recorded sometime in the mid 1980s).
Wanted a Copy or will buy Orignal.......
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Busking Bibliography? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL