The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Marc Paul - ACAAN Eyewitness Account (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
InfinityDream
View Profile
Regular user
196 Posts

Profile of InfinityDream
Quote:
On 2010-04-19 16:50, canastafan wrote:
Marc Paul is a friend and student of David Berglas. I have personally witnessed David perform this effect many times, always as described and never misses. I have also seen Marc Paul perform the effect on England TV's Parkinson Show on YouTube. No stooges, no ifs & buts.

Just because you can't explain something, doesn't mean it's impossible. That's magic.

Solomon

Yes, it is very hard missing a beat with the p**-s***.
If this version is perfect why he doesn't try to sell it?

-Antonio
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2931 Posts

Profile of lunatik
I think Waterloo is correct. If not, anyone can perform acaan. Just ask someone to shuffle the deck, name a card and position and BAM there she is!!! There is no method, it just works!!!
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
Dr. Eamon
View Profile
Inner circle
--------eXtrementalism--------......IT'S ALL IN YOUR MIND.....
1247 Posts

Profile of Dr. Eamon
Quote:
On 2010-04-19 16:50, canastafan wrote:
Marc Paul is a friend and student of David Berglas. I have personally witnessed David perform this effect many times, always as described and never misses. I have also seen Marc Paul perform the effect on England TV's Parkinson Show on YouTube. No stooges, no ifs & buts.

Just because you can't explain something, doesn't mean it's impossible. That's magic.

Solomon

You are funny...
The eXtreme SVENPAD Supreme eBook
Presentation is everything! And if you can dream it, you can do it!
Unicorn
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of Unicorn
I am not so sure that the version of ACAAN of Marc Paul is he same as David Berglas.
When I watched the video he did not appear to have the cards shuffled at the start. But I could be wrong as Matthew says that it was a borrowed deck and shuffled but when Marc did it on TV it wasn't as far as I could see
praetoritevong
View Profile
Regular user
Sydney, Australia
139 Posts

Profile of praetoritevong
Quote:
On 2010-04-19 18:24, InfinityDream wrote:

Yes, it is very hard missing a beat with the p**-s***.
If this version is perfect why he doesn't try to sell it?

-Antonio

Some people have respect for the art, over the need to make money?

Just a suggestion.
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2891 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Stefano, you should send this out to some well versed members here first and ask for a review. If you get some big names' recommendation, then somebody might start consider buying your effect...
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
innercirclewannabe
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1594 Posts

Profile of innercirclewannabe
Where did your assistant learn to shuffle? Smile

Maybe you should consider doing a recording in a "real world situation".

Nicolino is right - getting the " well known names involved" will do wonders for your sales. Particularly if the like it!

Good luck with it.....
Tá sé ach cleas má dhéanann tú sé cuma mhaith ar cheann.
innercirclewannabe
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1594 Posts

Profile of innercirclewannabe
Typo:

The = They.
Tá sé ach cleas má dhéanann tú sé cuma mhaith ar cheann.
Jamie D
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2292 Posts

Profile of Jamie D
H Stefano,

Why not just start a thread of your own A.C.A.A.N? You may get more talk/reply's on it. I know that the whole A.C.A.A.N plot has been discussed to death but if it is as good as you say it is, then it deserves its own thread as well, no? If possible, maybe make a real world video of you performing this, I do feel like it may have great potential.

Congrats on your achievement,

Darren
Twitter @darjames
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2531 Posts

Profile of brehaut
Quote:
On 2012-03-25 15:00, Darren James wrote:
H Stefano,

Why not just start a thread of your own A.C.A.A.N? You may get more talk/reply's on it. I know that the whole A.C.A.A.N plot has been discussed to death but if it is as good as you say it is, then it deserves its own thread as well, no? If possible, maybe make a real world video of you performing this, I do feel like it may have great potential.

Congrats on your achievement,

Darren

That makes a lot of sense. Would love to see your own thread on this topic
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4141 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Vedete, Stefano è sparito... Smile Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
shoexboy
View Profile
New user
Taiwan
89 Posts

Profile of shoexboy
That is really Amazing if the ACAAN could shffled by spectector
Peter_turner
View Profile
V.I.P.
Bradford, West Yorkshire
1351 Posts

Profile of Peter_turner
Quote:
On 2010-03-29 12:36, Waterloophai wrote:
Please people, lets stay with our feet on the ground.
All the mumbo jumbo about the so called "perfect" Berglas effect is just not possible (apart from the 1 in 52 lucky chance).

When you ask a spectator (who is not a stooge) for his deck, you don't touch the deck and you ask the spectator to shuffle the deck, name a card and a number, there is NO way of knowing what card is at which place. It's that simple.

A stooge that can (false) shuffle the cards is enough to repeat the effect exactly as described. You may even ask the name or the number to someone else first if your stooge knows a MD. You have to do nothing, apart of receiving the applause...

Think outside the box Smile

Pete
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
I agree with Pete, it's amazing what one can do when he or she thinks outside the box!

Regards,
Mike
boydy
View Profile
Special user
Ayrshire, Scotland
866 Posts

Profile of boydy
Here's my story.

So I was practicing a few moves with my cards a while back in the house while on the sofa with my girlfriend.
I decided to try the perfect demonstration of ACAAN so I had her shuffle the cards as may times as she wished then name a card then number...
I got her to deal to that number and turn the card over, it was not her named card. She turned the next card over and IT WAS HER CARD.

I calmly just winked at her.

I was as shocked as she was. Just plain luck.
No chance of that happening again LOL!
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2531 Posts

Profile of brehaut
Quote:
On 2012-04-17 10:40, boydy wrote:
Here's my story.

So I was practicing a few moves with my cards a while back in the house while on the sofa with my girlfriend.
I decided to try the perfect demonstration of ACAAN so I had her shuffle the cards as may times as she wished then name a card then number...
I got her to deal to that number and turn the card over, it was not her named card. She turned the next card over and IT WAS HER CARD.

I calmly just winked at her.

I was as shocked as she was. Just plain luck.
No chance of that happening again LOL!

Anyone know what the odds if someone names a random card and number that the card will be either: 1) at the selected number 2) immediately before the selected number 3) immediately after the selected number 4) the card is the top card or 5) the card is the bottom card?
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
1 out of 10.4 times it will be at one of the positions named.

Each of the five possibilities you listed has odds of 1 out of 52. Thus, the odds of anyone of them occurring are 5 out of 52 or 1 out of 10.4.

Or so it seems to me. Smile

Bob
bremen79
View Profile
Regular user
Boston
116 Posts

Profile of bremen79
Quote:
On 2012-04-17 11:21, brehaut wrote:
Anyone know what the odds if someone names a random card and number that the card will be either: 1) at the selected number 2) immediately before the selected number 3) immediately after the selected number 4) the card is the top card or 5) the card is the bottom card?

For all of them is 1/52, the random number plays no role (unless the random number is 1 or 52, decreasing the number of positions from 5 to 4).
I think the overall probability that the named card in any of the 5 positions above (or any other 5) is 5/52.
Explanation: the probability that is in any of the 5 places is equal to 1 minus the probability that is in none of the five places that is 1 - (52-5)/52=5/52.
Francesco

"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance" Jon Stewart
bremen79
View Profile
Regular user
Boston
116 Posts

Profile of bremen79
Quote:
On 2012-04-17 11:32, mastermindreader wrote:

Bob

Correct! Mastermindreader you just anticipated me by few minutes, or maybe you read my mind while I was writing it Smile
Francesco

"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance" Jon Stewart
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2531 Posts

Profile of brehaut
Quote:
On 2012-04-17 11:32, mastermindreader wrote:
1 out of 10.4 times it will be at one of the positions named.

Each of the five possibilities you listed has odds of 1 out of 52. Thus, the odds of anyone of them occurring are 5 out of 52 or 1 out of 10.4.

Bob

Thanks Bob
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Marc Paul - ACAAN Eyewitness Account (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL