The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » So Did Little Man Make It? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On 2010-04-24 02:28, Gospel Dan wrote:

I have no problems with those who want to attack me for having an opinion and standing by it. I have no problems with those who want to single me out from the hundreds of others who share the same opinion as I. In the end it just continues to bring more attention to what I believe is one of the worst marketing and false advertisings I've seen in magic in a very long time.

I have no personal vendeta against PH or any of his associates. My vendetta is against bad marketing, lies, and false promises that get broken time and time again. I not only think it's immoral, unethical, but disrespectful.

Some may have grown tired of reading my opinions, but you have a choice to ignore me. You may even choose to flame me, but you'd be better off to just ignore me if you feel so strongly against my opinions.

Hi Gospel Dan,

After all these are just opinions, and opinions & thinking can & will differ between individuals.

No one is here to ignore/ attack/ flam or insult you as a person in any way or form. Please don’t think on those lines or take difference of opinion to be directly pointed against you. We highly regard & respect you for standing by your opinion. Please don’t consider it to be a personal attack on you.

The Café is a wonderful place to share our ideas/ thoughts/ insight/ opinions and we must take them in the right spirit.

So cheer up and let’s have a healthy debate on topics/ issues in which we take part.

You're what YOU are and I like you for that. Smile

Thank you.

Cheers!

Best regards,

Narendra

Smile
P.S. Let's have Smile and Smile with a Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
TonyPorter
View Profile
Regular user
180 Posts

Profile of TonyPorter
Quote:

I'm all for coffee and a doughnut, but I have no interest in eating a face.
Gilgamesh_The_Librarian
View Profile
Elite user
408 Posts

Profile of Gilgamesh_The_Librarian
Quote:
On 2010-04-24 06:00, TonyPorter wrote:
Quote:

Not even with some Fava beans and a nice Chianti ?
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On 2010-04-24 06:00, TonyPorter wrote:
Quote:

That should have been read as:

P.S. Let's have Smile and Smile with a Smile (Smile)

Cheers! Smile Smile

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Voldemort
View Profile
Special user
Florida
562 Posts

Profile of Voldemort
Dan,

I absolutely, positively was not attacking you. Please don't take anything I said as any form of attack or put-down or anything of the sort.

I simply wanted to express my feelings and thoughts on using the word "Review" for a product that has not been released as of yet. Heck, Little man may be a big piece of crap when its released. (Or IF its released). Who knows. And I'm not a big fan of the way the thing is being marketed, that's for sure. But it deserves a chance to be released without the stigma of negative or positive "Reviews" that are not based on actual knowledge of the product.

There is, I suppose, a line to be drawn here, and for every negative opinion of the little man demo there is a positive opinion. I for one wouldn't want to read an opinion on a demo and mistake it for an actual review of the product in question be it good, Or bad.
"Flight from death"
Buy the WILD AT HEART e-book to help Rachael Columbini here: http://www.lybrary.com/wild-heart-p-76110.html
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
Hi Voldermort,

I must apologize because I wasn't referring to you specifically. But, I have indeed been attacked by a very few indaviduals in the past for stating my opinion in regards to LM.

I was fingered out from all the others who shared the same opinion as me, and I believe it has to do in part because of my username. The reason why I say that is because my faith had come into question a few times by some because of my continued particapaction on the topic of LM. I don't care if someone wants to bash me because of my opinion, but I will admit that attacking my faith hits me below the belt.

These people know who they are and have even resorted to bully tactics and very mean spirited PM's. I refused to run with my tail between my legs, and continued to follow the saga of LM dispite it all.

However, I am now regressing. Smile I just thought I would clear that with you.

Dan
"If you're going to walk in the rain, don't complain about getting wet!"
Voldemort
View Profile
Special user
Florida
562 Posts

Profile of Voldemort
Thank you Dan.

And may I just say that someone who attacks you based on your faith, is only doing so because they are a coward, And most probably they don't have a valid point. So attacking you is far easier than admitting that.

Anyway, Don't let a few dunderheads rile you up! Smile They aren't worth it.
"Flight from death"
Buy the WILD AT HEART e-book to help Rachael Columbini here: http://www.lybrary.com/wild-heart-p-76110.html
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Dan, your Faith is yours, and if you actually have Faith, it's not something others can affect. On the other side of the matter, what others say about such things speaks to who they are, so again nothing about you.

As the LM product... seems a wait-and-see type topic to me.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
Thanks guys. Smile

Jonathan, it's not that it effects my faith as much as it bothers me that a few have used my faith to try and insult me. I should have thicker skin about it, but it gets tiresome after a while.

Anyways, you guys have been very kind. Thanks!
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3623 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
Another vote for tell it like it is, Dan. I was having the same experience, but decided it wasn't worth it, so I just quit posting. Were I posting on this topic, though, I would be saying much the same as have you...
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4632 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
Quote:
On 2010-04-24 18:53, Gospel Dan wrote:
Thanks guys. Smile

Jonathan, it's not that it effects my faith as much as it bothers me that a few have used my faith to try and insult me. I should have thicker skin about it, but it gets tiresome after a while.

....faith must be tested before the Greater Powers of the Universe acknowledge it. You have it when it underlies every thought, movement, and deed.
Nevertheless, I've been wondering:
"Oh where, oh where has my Little Man gone?
Oh where, oh where is He?
Is his tale cut short, or wil he be here before long?
Oh where oh where is He?"
Potty Smile
Jonathan Brown
View Profile
Loyal user
Tappahannock, VA
288 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Brown
A little closer to the original thread topic:

http://blog.murphysmagic.com/2010/04/02/......dUp.aspx

This was posted on Murphy's Blog on 4/02/2010...seems like he's delayed but on the way...I believe the note was referenced above, but this is coming from the distributor and I assume it will be ready in the near future. It will be interesting when it finally is released...

Jonathan Brown
Havens
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
340 Posts

Profile of Havens
Sorry Jonathan me old mucker but that's old news. It's May and obviously all is not well. Where is it PHP and where's the new demo?
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4632 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
....it really does seem to be taking a long time. Meanwhile Paul is releasing other effects - it makes me wonder if there is any inertia at all in getting LM produced?
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
Little Man has gone.
But quick, order now before "he runs out the door".
Magic is a vanishing art.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
The shown as the Deluxe Edition on the site looks empty so far. Maybe soon.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Kakuna
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of Kakuna
I lost my hope on this one. I would be surprised if anyone buys it.
MJ Marrs
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1123 Posts

Profile of MJ Marrs
One hypothesis in the science world is that "Clay Material Organisms" may have been the precursor to the evolutionary advent of RNA and DNA (genetic molecules). Or in other words, the first building blocks of early life may have started off with clay.

This may be something "presentational" for some of the scientific individuals to think about while waiting on their Little (clay) Man to come walking through the door.

Cheers,
MJ
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
Or, intellegent design. Which could mean why LM is no where to be found. There was no intellegence behind it's design. (lol)

All Kidding aside, especially my bad humour. I have heard through the grape vine that LM is being revamped. In other words, improvements are being made to it. I have no confirmation that this info is actually true, but a certain someone took the time to actually email this bit of info. Take it for what it's worth, but I thought I would share that.
PCoreyB
View Profile
Regular user
139 Posts

Profile of PCoreyB
My guess is that response to the video demo was so poor, that they then decided to revamp Little Man. Your sources are probably correct Gospel Dan. Of course I have no sources...I'm just guessing.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » So Did Little Man Make It? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL