The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » For the record » » Rediscovery of a classic from Ostfriesland, der Trick, den niemand verstehen kann. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24202 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Recently, while perusing some texts from Europe, I unearthed a piece of magic that seems to be a source of Vernon's "Trick that cannot be explained." It is from a remote section of Germany called Ostfriesland. The name of the trick in German is "der Trick den niemand verstehen kann," or, in English, "the trick that cannot be understood."

This trick is so abstruse that even the effect cannot be fathomed or described.

It involves a pack of cards -- the original called for a 32 card Skat pack -- a goat, three pineapples (which are quite hard to obtain in Ostfrisland), an inflatable ball, a 20 Mark banknote and a pair of audience volunteers.

The description in the old German text translated as "The magician feeds the goat two of the pineapples, which have been marked by the audience volunteers. Next, each volunteer freely selects one of the cards from the Skat pack. The cards are returned to the deck which" and the text breaks off at this point.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Mark R. Williams
View Profile
Regular user
193 Posts

Profile of Mark R. Williams
Bill,
Happy April Fools Day to you too!!!

Regards,

Mark
"One more step on the pathway of Knowledge, that is if we don't break our leg crossing the street"
andrewph
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of andrewph
Lol. After reading that I really want to try it now.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24202 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Ostfriesland or East Friesia is the part of Germany that all the Germans make fun of. Interestingly, their dialect is so strange that even if such a manuscript survived, only an Ostfrieser could understand it. And that's no joke!
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » For the record » » Rediscovery of a classic from Ostfriesland, der Trick, den niemand verstehen kann. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL