The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Shawn McMaster's "The Mandala" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Prof. Pabodie
View Profile
Veteran user
318 Posts

Profile of Prof. Pabodie
I just wanted to give everybody a heads up about the resurrection of this highly-touted magazine. Shawn is now offering a 50% discount on the first year's subscription rate, which will wind up costing you a mere $15.
Here's a link to check it out:
http://www.themandalamag.com/
I'm looking forward to this very much.
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5474 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Nice! Thanks for the tip.
PARKERSWANN
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of PARKERSWANN
Heh, anyone read this Mandala yet? How is this magazine? Any word or reviews? I heard it cameout last week?
PARKERSWANN
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of PARKERSWANN
Did anyone hear the rumor about a problem with some of the the content? I heard that. Something about stories had been removed or had to be altered and it was causing a delay.?
PARKERSWANN
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of PARKERSWANN
Quote:
On 2010-07-21 15:38, PARKERSWANN wrote:
Did anyone hear the rumor about a problem with some of the the content? I heard that. Something about stories had been removed or had to be altered and it was causing a delay.?
smcmaster
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of smcmaster
To Parkerswann and all other Magic Café members:

I'm not sure where you heard the rumor about a problem with the content of The Mandala. I'm the editor, and word of that rumor never got back to me. The only thing I can think of is that I made an announcement to all of our subscribers on July 15th (the original target release date) stating that we weren't ready to release the issue because of some fine-tuning we wanted to do to the issue to make sure it was the best issue we could release. It's possible that announcement got misinterpreted or misconstrued into "problems with the content."

Nothing could be further from the truth. In fact, I am VERY please with the content and layout of this new incarnation of the e-zine. I'm sure you understand the amount of work that goes into a venture like this, ESPECIALLY a first issue, but I think the slight delay in releasing it was worth the wait.

Why not see for yourself? Visit http://www.themandalamag.com, click on the "Issues" button, and download the first issue for FREE. It will only be available for a limited time, but I think you'll enjoy it.

--Shawn McMaster
hendoo
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of hendoo
Just read a few of the stories in this first issue. BRAVO Shawn! This is really very well done. My fear is that it is TOO well done! I really wish I could keep The Mandala a secret! But alas, on the Café forum nothing remains a secret for long! I am going to subscribe! Thanks again.
smcmaster
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of smcmaster
Hendoo,

Thanks for the kind words about the first issue. This is just the tip of the iceberg. We are experimenting with new ideas all the time, and some of the features we have planned are going to be very interesting reading.

--Shawn
smcmaster
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of smcmaster
We've actually made downloading the free issue even easier. Go to: http://www.themandalamag.com/trial
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
Wow, that free issue was beautiful. What a wonderful read! Thank you! I will be a subscriber!

Regards,
Mike
smcmaster
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of smcmaster
Thanks, insight. I appreciate your comments. I look forward to you becoming a subscriber.

Shawn
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5474 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Has anyone heard any news regarding issue #3? I thought that it was due out at the beginning of December.
jekyllandhyde
View Profile
Regular user
200 Posts

Profile of jekyllandhyde
Issue 3 is out.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Shawn McMaster's "The Mandala" (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL