The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Does tango dime and penny include bang ring (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
zhoudumu
View Profile
Regular user
philadelphia
172 Posts

Profile of zhoudumu
Does tango dime and penny include bang ring. It seems there is one in the product picture
lorenwade
View Profile
Special user
869 Posts

Profile of lorenwade
Most Dime and Pennies do not come with a bang ring. I've seen the Tango one come without it... so not quite sure if it comes with it. I hope someone else can confirm that for you. Smile
zhoudumu
View Profile
Regular user
philadelphia
172 Posts

Profile of zhoudumu
Thank you. So without bang ring, I can not reset, right?
lorenwade
View Profile
Special user
869 Posts

Profile of lorenwade
Of course you can! You just need a cup! Shake it up and it pops right out. Brand new, it takes a bit to pop out the first time... but it loosens up. Maybe not as convenient as a bang ring, which might actually be harder than a cup, but it works. Smile In this regard, I think the scotch and soda (half/centavo) is much easier to use.
zhoudumu
View Profile
Regular user
philadelphia
172 Posts

Profile of zhoudumu
Great. Thank you very much. I just need a more casual one. Scotch and soda maybe not fit for that
lorenwade
View Profile
Special user
869 Posts

Profile of lorenwade
Sounds good! Smile
zhoudumu
View Profile
Regular user
philadelphia
172 Posts

Profile of zhoudumu
I also consider spare change. I will make a choice between them
jbz
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of jbz
Both are great effects. While scotch and soda may not be as "ordinary," I still find it to be an effect that amazes spectators.
Desmond67
View Profile
New user
42 Posts

Profile of Desmond67
Yes, Tango Dime and Penny include it. I have one and the band ring is white plastic.
PAUL K
View Profile
Special user
Massachusetts
547 Posts

Profile of PAUL K
I had mine for over 25 years.You can take it apart in a plastic cup.I have seen
on Dave Roth's DVD he used a glass.I would just use a plastic cup.
TWOCAN
View Profile
Special user
PORT RICHEY FL
877 Posts

Profile of TWOCAN
Glass shaking is not a good thing for coin gaffs . It will dent the coins I Know this first hand trust me. SmilePlastic works if nothing else.Cheers PT
Profits over people are a common thing . Be uncommon and be the best .
zhoudumu
View Profile
Regular user
philadelphia
172 Posts

Profile of zhoudumu
Thank you very much. That is what I see in the picture.But I just pick spare change first. Maybe get this later.
Quote:
On 2010-04-02 14:17, Desmond67 wrote:
Yes, Tango Dime and Penny include it. I have one and the band ring is white plastic.
zhoudumu
View Profile
Regular user
philadelphia
172 Posts

Profile of zhoudumu
WoW yours must have very good quality. It can last so long
Quote:
On 2010-04-02 16:18, paul007007 wrote:
lorenwade
View Profile
Special user
869 Posts

Profile of lorenwade
Quote:
On 2010-04-02 19:51, zhoudumu wrote:
WoW yours must have very good quality. It can last so long
Quote:
On 2010-04-02 16:18, paul007007 wrote:

Most good quality gaffs will last you a lifetime!
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
If you don’t:
- Spend them inadvertently
- Wash your pants with them in a pocket
- Or worse, drop your pants off at the dry cleaners with gaffs in the pocket
- Drop them on cement/concrete
- Put one or more into a vending machine (related to the first "oops")

Jim
TC Ryder
View Profile
Elite user
Florida
494 Posts

Profile of TC Ryder
I can also confirm that the Tango Dime and Penny comes with a bang ring.
It is very good quality and yes it is better to use a bang ring rather than shake it apart in a glass. Bat alas... J-Mac hit the nail on the head. Out of all the Gaff's I have ever had I always seem to lose my dime and penny somewhere. I think my last one is in a bowl of change I accumulate after I empty my pockets at the end of the day and trying to find it would be like finding a needle in a haystack. I have better luck with my Scotch and Soda. That I have never lose. I don't have much luck with folding quarters either although they are easier to find if you don't spend them first.

TC
www.realcoinmagic.com

"Real Coins for Real Magicians"
Zaprig1
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of Zaprig1
I traded in my Dime and Penny for an All US. Scotch and Soda (not that I won't use it again, but I use this much more now). This consists of the new "Gold" US. dollar coin, and the new US. quarter. People seem to relate to these coins much more than a Kennedy and and English Penny, most of whom have never seen before.

I came up with a routine that I love that I call "Back And Time" and it just fries lay peeps, but is so easy it's almost a crime! Smile

For those of you that have the gaff, here it is:

It's a take on the old "English Penny to quarter or nickle" that happens in the hands of the spectator. The beautiful thing about this gaff is the an old Barber quarter fits in the gold coin perfectly, but not tightly. I present the coins with the new gaffed quarter under the $he** and Barber insert allowing me to slide the new quarter under the gaff between my thumb and middle finger back and forth very naturally indicating that I have in my hands the newest type of coins struck by the US. Mint- a gold dollar and the new quarter. I then take them in each hand showing the full front view of the coins. I asked the spec to hold out their hand flat as I slip just the edge of the gaffed quarter between the $he** and the Barber quarter leaving the Barber hidden of course. As I place the 2 (3) coins in their hand requesting them to close their fingers over the TWO coins (stress TWO coins), I slip the gaff together leaving the Barber underneath the now solid dollar, pull my fingers out of their first and show my hands VERY empty and ask them to place their hands behind their back (thus the "Back And" portion of the title. Then I go into some patter about what would your Great Great Great grandfather think about the coins of his day vs. the new coins of today? Would he be impressed by their beauty and detailed art work, or scoff that they are not made of silver etc.? (thus the "Time" portion of the title). This adds a very personal touch to the routine for the spectator! Then I tell them this effect is a test of their sense of touch to see if they can tell which is the quarter and which is the dollar and place the quarter in one hand and the dollar in the other. Finally I finish by asking them bring forth the hand with the quarter and see if they were successful in the test. Of course they open their hand to find the old silver Barber quarter and FLIP! Sometimes they are sure that the dollar is the new quarter since it's a bit larger that the Barber. When they see that its the solid dollar and can find no trace of the quarter they often flip out again (adding a kicker to the effect if you will)!

Please feel free to use this and I hope some of you can. If you do, please let me know how it goes for you. I've got a lot of mileage out of this little simple gem of a routine!

Enjoy!
Christian
TC Ryder
View Profile
Elite user
Florida
494 Posts

Profile of TC Ryder
Christian,
Nice routine. Thanks for sharing!!

TC
www.realcoinmagic.com

"Real Coins for Real Magicians"
Zaprig1
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of Zaprig1
Thanks much TC! The pleasure is all mine.

Again, what we magi think of as simple, quick, and too easy can sometimes be the strongest miracle in the specs hands and minds. My gal/assistance knows all too much about coin gaffs and doesn't suspect a gaff at all with the ol' S&S gaff. Drives her nuts! Smile

BTW- I got to thinking (OK, daydreaming as I do) today and thought; I bet a Barber dime might fit in the penny too (or easily made to) and all aforementioned to fit my presentation would still apply and more i.e. Dime Thru Hand and Time.

OK, now I'm off to the GAFF DRAWER! Smile

Have fun guys!

Christian
jbz
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of jbz
Nice routine! Sounds great.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Does tango dime and penny include bang ring (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL