The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » The Little Hand look at this! (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5326 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
It might, or it might not - some are fine and some are off a bit. Not really a big problem. Folks watching don’t get to see that kind of detail as long as you handle it like any sleight; it's not like they see a zoomed view of it in slow motion or anything! You’re talking about a doll hand that is less than a half inch, or about 10 - 12 mm long, and the coin is, oh... two to three times as large. Not a problem IMO.

Jim
JCheng
View Profile
Veteran user
311 Posts

Profile of JCheng
Ummm... I don't know. I don't want to pay for something that is not well made.
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5326 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Up to you! But I don’t think anyone can tell you exactly what you will get if you order it. Just sayin'.

Thank you.

Jim
peppermeat2000
View Profile
Elite user
406 Posts

Profile of peppermeat2000
I just ordered this based on a thread in another forum that had a bunch of us taking things waaaaaay too seriously. Sure,great sleight of hand with a handful of coins looks really cool,but this is the type of effect that laypeople will remember.
dduane
View Profile
Special user
Bridgewater, MA
736 Posts

Profile of dduane
I attended a Michael Ammar lecture when it first came out, and he gave all the attendees a free one. I guess I was lucky to get one and that it was perfect. It's a great idea to get a reaction from laymen, and it's not too hard to make one, if you can find the right size. The craft stores sell dolls and doll parts - which may be a place to try, if you can't get one that fits well. It should be replaced if it's defective, though, I would think.
Ximines
View Profile
Regular user
Minnesota
154 Posts

Profile of Ximines
Well, I just got my Johnson quarter - and it absolutely blows away the Sasco version. It't not even close!

By the way, if anyone has an original version of the Ammar little hand (the ones he gave out in the lecture a few years ago), and would be willing to part with it, PM me. I have the 'deluxe' version, and am not crazy about it. The m****t is in the wrist, so it looks a bit off when it reaches out and 'grabs' the quarter.

thanks!
PAUL K
View Profile
Special user
Massachusetts
547 Posts

Profile of PAUL K
The m****t should be in the hand. Email Ammar and they should send you a new one. I know of people having problems in the past and they sent them a new one.

Paul
Ximines
View Profile
Regular user
Minnesota
154 Posts

Profile of Ximines
Thanks Paul, I just sent an email to the web site.
Agaton
View Profile
Loyal user
Manila
292 Posts

Profile of Agaton
It is actually fun to play with. Ammar dropped by in Manila last Sunday. It's not part of his plan but we did got him over here since he was in Singapore. He went on with his lecture piece and this was a hit. Everybody I saw got one!
Dollarbill
View Profile
Special user
Colorado
948 Posts

Profile of Dollarbill
I just ordered mine. I cant wait to get it.
Wouter
View Profile
New user
Holland
62 Posts

Profile of Wouter
That´s funny!A real surprise seeing it for the first time.
Coin magic. Easy to learn, hard to master.
juliusmagic
View Profile
New user
Jacksonville
25 Posts

Profile of juliusmagic
Anyone know any places to get them in the UK?
oombob
View Profile
Special user
Canada
658 Posts

Profile of oombob
I have the crappy grey m****t in the wrist version of this. At first I hated it. Then I saw Pete Biro's beer cap routine and that made everything well again. Simpler to do than Ammar's approach.... so much so that it forgives the lesser quality of the gimmick. People have such a strong reaction to this and Pete's routine makes the vanish at the end al ot simpler as well. Check it!

Thank You Pete Biro!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82K2Xv11J......embedded
trancework
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of trancework
Just bought it! Awesome!
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5115 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
I used to use a similar prop in the late 90's I just took an old doll arm from the basement and would pretend I was pregnent instead of fat and get a spec to put out his hand to shake with my baby. lots of laughs and shaken baby syndrome jokes but it was killer if I had a pregnant woman around that I knew (mostly worked bars) she would let me hypnotize her make her babies arm pop out. If you are doing a "differnt kind of show" this is a very different use for this type gaff
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
vinod_furtado
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of vinod_furtado
Someone mentioned about Little Jimmy ,how is it different from this.. which are the other similar items available..i have seen once Kris corn perform it.
jcrabtree2007
View Profile
Special user
626 Posts

Profile of jcrabtree2007
I bought mine after seeing Ammar perform it on Letterman. Its a hit, people love this.
He was out of stock for awhile after Letterman and I was desparate to buy this. So I went to the Dollar Tree, bought a small doll, and dissected off the arm and made my own version. Unfortunately, my then 6 year old daughter found the doll and dissected arms and you can guess how that went.
Needless to say, after fixing the doll (a little switch); Ammar had the Little Hand back in stock.
I love my Little Hand, my daughter is out of therapy (j/k), and life is good again............
bobn3
View Profile
Special user
Wichita, KS
718 Posts

Profile of bobn3
First learned this from Joe Stevens of Stevens Magic back in the late 70s early 80s. Helped him out at his booth at the MidAmerica Magic convention in St. Louis. He went to the US Toy booth and went through their fish bowl of rubber body parts and bought all the hands for a nickle apiece. Thought he was crazy at first until he taught me the routine. Sold them for $5 apiece and sold out.

Bob Phillips
ixnay66
View Profile
Inner circle
Denver
1504 Posts

Profile of ixnay66
You could put a little green sleeve on the arm and say it's a leprechaun. Might be "handy" to have in March with St Patty's around the corner.
**Roper**
View Profile
Regular user
Houston
170 Posts

Profile of **Roper**
Great idea ixnay66!

Here is a short video of me doing Little Hand while my wife was pregnant; I loved doing this! I'm not sure why I whistled though during this performance.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjWDLt_aHYw
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » The Little Hand look at this! (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL