The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » The Little Hand look at this! (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
Sammy J.
View Profile
Inner circle
Castle Rock, Colorado
1785 Posts

Profile of Sammy J.
I just got a shim**d quarter for this effect. I like the way it works better than my half dollar mag***ic coin.
This is a fun trick and gets a variety of reactions, all good.
Sammy J. Teague
boydy
View Profile
Special user
Ayrshire, Scotland
857 Posts

Profile of boydy
Any Ideas when the new version Bob speaks of will be out??

Bob??
prototype
View Profile
Veteran user
Rick Holcombe
320 Posts

Profile of prototype
What do you think of Letterman's reaction? He says, " That's among the stupidest things I've ever seen!" Is this a positive reaction or a negative reaction?
Sammy J.
View Profile
Inner circle
Castle Rock, Colorado
1785 Posts

Profile of Sammy J.
Good question, proto. Though there is a little magical element due to the concealment of the little hand until you are ready to have it appear, I certainly consider this to be more of a gag than a magic trick. I think Letterman's response was positive, because here he was expecting to see some incredible finale, and instead he saw this. As I recall, he was certainly laughing.

It does get a good reaction.

I just discovered that the strongest connection between the hand and the coin occurs when I use the mag****c coin that is a part of my "Triple Threat" set. Neo is that much stronger.
Sammy J. Teague
boydy
View Profile
Special user
Ayrshire, Scotland
857 Posts

Profile of boydy
Yeah, I always get a laugh when I perform it. I'm still wondering what the new one is going to be like.
Sammy J.
View Profile
Inner circle
Castle Rock, Colorado
1785 Posts

Profile of Sammy J.
I have been playing around with different coins for this effect. I want to know that the coin will stay attached when I pull the hand away quickly.

My latest favortie is the Canadian Looney. It is light and really holds on to the hand.

I performed this a number of times at a bar/restaurant recently. A lot of fun!

I am now working on losing the "package" after the vanish. My goal is to make what appears to be a creepy/funny gag into a magical complete vanish of everything.
Sammy J. Teague
boydy
View Profile
Special user
Ayrshire, Scotland
857 Posts

Profile of boydy
I bought two of these and am disappointed at the quality of the gimmick.
Sammy J.
View Profile
Inner circle
Castle Rock, Colorado
1785 Posts

Profile of Sammy J.
The first one I bought has an issue with the insert adhesive coming loose. I contacted them and they sent me a replacement for free. No issues with it.

Sammy
Sammy J. Teague
boydy
View Profile
Special user
Ayrshire, Scotland
857 Posts

Profile of boydy
Mine are discolored on the back of the hand where the M***** is located and part of it is showing so it looks like a large black dot. And that is the two that I bought. I contacted Ammar about this but a lady Bonnie said she would pass the email on to Mike but a week later still no reply...
boydy
View Profile
Special user
Ayrshire, Scotland
857 Posts

Profile of boydy
Got an email from Mrs Ammar, Hannah. All is well. Happy.
Bambu
View Profile
Elite user
464 Posts

Profile of Bambu
Are all the "Little Hands" left hands or is just the one I received?
Sammy J.
View Profile
Inner circle
Castle Rock, Colorado
1785 Posts

Profile of Sammy J.
Both of mine are left handed.
Sammy J. Teague
Bambu
View Profile
Elite user
464 Posts

Profile of Bambu
Quote:
On 2010-07-22 17:05, Sammy J. wrote:
Both of mine are left handed.

Are you right handed? I am, and is very hard for me to control the prop using the left hand.
Sammy J.
View Profile
Inner circle
Castle Rock, Colorado
1785 Posts

Profile of Sammy J.
Bambu, I am left handed but I just played around with it as if it were a right handed model. I think that when you get the motion down, it will work for you in the left hand. Use the covering hand as a top brace to control the movement of the little hand. I think it will take more work, but you will get it down.
Let me know how it goes!

Sammy
Sammy J. Teague
boydy
View Profile
Special user
Ayrshire, Scotland
857 Posts

Profile of boydy
I am right handed and have no problem with the effect. I think a right handed one wouldnt feel right.
Vincent.Santiago
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of Vincent.Santiago
I love this trick
Sammy J.
View Profile
Inner circle
Castle Rock, Colorado
1785 Posts

Profile of Sammy J.
Vincent, I have had so much fun with this. It is so fun to study the reactions it gets. I assure you, it always gets a reaction!

Sammy
Sammy J. Teague
PAUL K
View Profile
Special user
Massachusetts
547 Posts

Profile of PAUL K
The trick is great!!!! I use it all the time.

Paul
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
You don't need a Mag***c coin... use a BEER BOTTLE CAP.... my routine kills. Been doing it for many years.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2701 Posts

Profile of Tom G
Maybe Bob Farmer would step in and let us know if the new version is ready for release?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » The Little Hand look at this! (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL