The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » The Little Hand look at this! (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
Sean Macfarlane
View Profile
Special user
855 Posts

Profile of Sean Macfarlane
Did Steve Beam every release Little Jimmy?

Best,

Sean
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2699 Posts

Profile of Tom G
Hi Sean,
I had emailed him quite a while ago and never got a reply on this. It was one of the funniest things I had seen. By the reaction of the rest of the crowd at the convention, it was for them, too. Bob Little was there and sold out of his small hands and feet and had orders to ship when he got back home.
Tom
Sean Macfarlane
View Profile
Special user
855 Posts

Profile of Sean Macfarlane
Thanks Tom,

I love stuff like this. Pure Gold. I have a little hand that I had in my drawer for years. This thing brings pure joy! and creepiness too! ha.

Sean
jonathandupree
View Profile
Loyal user
238 Posts

Profile of jonathandupree
What reactions do you get? I watched the video of Michael Ammar of the Letterman show perform this and David said " That is just stupid! " I don't care what letterman says, just curious as to the reaction of lay people.

He did laugh however.
Sammy J.
View Profile
Inner circle
Castle Rock, Colorado
1785 Posts

Profile of Sammy J.
For me it usually gets a big laugh from most, and an "Euuuu, that's creepy" from a few.
Sammy J. Teague
PAUL K
View Profile
Special user
Massachusetts
547 Posts

Profile of PAUL K
I get a lot of laughs from most.Some people want to see it again.

Paul
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2699 Posts

Profile of Tom G
The Little Jimmy routine uses small hands and feet, really have to see it. While the Little Hand is a magic gag, Little Jimmy is just a funny bit.
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
2035 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
I mostly get nervous/startled laughs, a couple shrieks, and a few "Euuuu, creepy"s as well.

Based on the suggestion above, I've started using a bottle cap from an uncommon brand as a conversation starter /lead in.
Sammy J.
View Profile
Inner circle
Castle Rock, Colorado
1785 Posts

Profile of Sammy J.
I've been playing with the bottle cap, as I like the concept.
The problem I'm having is that the cap is so light it kind of jumps to the hand as opposed to the hand picking it up. The Canadian Looney is a great weight for this effect. It "behaves" the best of all I have tried.

Maybe if I just work with the bottle cap some more, I can get it down.

I think that what sells the humor in this trick is the fact that the hand comes out very slowly, but after making the snatch, retreats very rapidly. Where I'm having trouble is with the cap jumping up during the slow phase.

Sammy
Sammy J. Teague
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
2035 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
Quote:
Where I'm having trouble is with the cap jumping up during the slow phase.

Have you tried slowly raising the hand up high and coming down onto the cap similar to what Ammar did on David Letterman?

(Starts around 5:50)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTaCGIZ8mJw
Sammy J.
View Profile
Inner circle
Castle Rock, Colorado
1785 Posts

Profile of Sammy J.
Good point, inigmntoya! I will have to work to see if I can get that elevation at the end. The other cool thing I noticed after watching this time is the way Michael whistles, as if calling a dog, just before the hand appears. Pretty funny touch.
Sammy J. Teague
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I place the beer cap on my outstretched left hand ON MY THUMB'S HEEL and close my hand into a fist, the cap still shows and I say, "If I put it here and close my hand I can't make it disappear like lots of magicians "PALM" THINGS... If I want to make it vanish I need my assistant."

Right hand with 'hand' in thumb palm comes over and left middle finger inserted into hand, right hand makes a cave and the "assistant" comes out... etc.

This kills and works like a champ for me.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
PAUL K
View Profile
Special user
Massachusetts
547 Posts

Profile of PAUL K
They just came out with a different kind that is longer and the fingers come out straight.
boydy
View Profile
Special user
Ayrshire, Scotland
857 Posts

Profile of boydy
This one is much better than the last batch. These hands are great.

Bob, are these the deluxe version you speak of??
PAUL K
View Profile
Special user
Massachusetts
547 Posts

Profile of PAUL K
Boydy,

Yes they are the Deluxe Version!!!

Paul
cperkins
View Profile
Special user
697 Posts

Profile of cperkins
Where to purchase the new and improved? Michael Ammar's sight?
To see a difficult thing lightly handled gives the impression of the impossible.
(Goethe)
NicholasD
View Profile
Inner circle
1460 Posts

Profile of NicholasD
Yes, and I thing he still has a special where you can get 2 for $25.00.
cperkins
View Profile
Special user
697 Posts

Profile of cperkins
Thank you NicholasD.
To see a difficult thing lightly handled gives the impression of the impossible.
(Goethe)
BarryTX
View Profile
Regular user
133 Posts

Profile of BarryTX
I just ordered it, the 2 for $25 special is still on.
iceblade
View Profile
Loyal user
254 Posts

Profile of iceblade
I would very much like to order that, but $26 just for shipping 2 little hands to Europe? Really? $26?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » The Little Hand look at this! (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL