The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Best egg bag (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3..10~11~12 [Next]
elimagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1663 Posts

Profile of elimagic
I do a lot of parlor type magic and for some reason do not do an egg bag routine. I was wondering what is the best quality, ease of use, most reliable bag. I've done some research, but would love the opinions of you pros.
Eli
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
This has been discussed maybe 5302 times. However, I will flat out tell you the Malini Bag and Ken Brooke instructions are impossible to beat.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
meyegr
View Profile
Special user
Only able to muster
800 Posts

Profile of meyegr
5303 times is a charm Smile
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I have owned the Tarbell, Sterling, Mardo, Malini, Climax, P&L Comedy, Hen, Mesh, Sam Berland Watch, Sam Berland Tipsy and a few others I cannot remember the name of currently.

They were all excellent in design and manufacture. It is the routine that makes this little bag so entertaining. Don Lawton, Charlie Miller, and others have had excellent routines, but if you want to know how to handle the bag step by step, get the Malini Egg Bag by Tong, and the Ken Brooke instructions. You will learn how to entertain an audience.
elimagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1663 Posts

Profile of elimagic
Ya I agree that handling is everything, and I will definitely try to get the Mr Brooke instructions. I would like to know Mr. wmhegbli, since you have had every type out there lol, which, in your opinion is the easiest to work with, the most reliable, durable bag that you have used? Also, where are the Ken Brooke instructions located?
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I believe http://www.stevensmagic.com has the instructions. If not listed, email them to see.
Harv
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm building a fence with
1127 Posts

Profile of Harv
Hobson Egg Bag
Silvio
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of Silvio
The Hobson Egg Bag does seem like it's the best, however it feels too expensive for an Egg Bag.
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1915 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
I'll go with the Hobson, too.
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Quote:
On 2010-04-05 17:12, Rainboguy wrote:

Me, three! Smile I have three of them. I feel that the Hobson bag is the easiest to handle of all of the Malini bags. I wanted to perform with a Malini bag for 20 years, after witnessing Harry Riser's routine, but couldn't make the handling convincing. When the Hobson bag was released, it took a couple of months before I was using it in performances.

The Ken Brooke instructions are nice, too. If you can attend an egg bag workshop by Denny Haney, do it!
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2010-04-05 12:00, elimagic wrote:
Ya I agree that handling is everything, and I will definitely try to get the Mr Brooke instructions. I would like to know Mr. wmhegbli, since you have had every type out there lol, which, in your opinion is the easiest to work with, the most reliable, durable bag that you have used? Also, where are the Ken Brooke instructions located?

What do you mean by easy to handle? They all work as they were manufactured to work. If by easy, you mean no work involved, and no practice, then the new mesh egg bag by Empire Magic is for you. The egg is sealed inside and any 3 year old can make an egg disappear from a the bag and reappear in the bag visually.

Reliable, all will last and the all the bags were durable, it is only fabric, and all stitching was secure and never fell apart.

The egg bag plot is a very simple plot, the egg is put into the bag, and the egg vanishes. The bag shown empty! The egg is made to re-appear! Doesn't sound like much in words. Right? But with the proper routine, the audience is bewildered!

If your mother can sew, she can also make an excellent egg bag to your liking. The manufacture assembly of the Malini Egg bag was published in an old Genii Magazine. I believe the Tarball is explained in the Tarbell Course.
ddeckmann
View Profile
Loyal user
Paraguay
202 Posts

Profile of ddeckmann
I'm a starter, I only know the Malini and Tarbell eggbag. Since I only have the Tarbell design (Tarbell course), I made the Tarbell at home. It's great. And even more, I perform the routine exactly as described in the Tarbell course. That's a great way to start I think.

Now I'm happy with it, maybe I will try other ones later. I'm interested in the Malini eggbag a while though.

Still, is the presentation that matters.
Archaggelos
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of Archaggelos
The best egg bag is the Hobson Egg Bag. After performing this effect for years, this worth every dollar!
jbz
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of jbz
Quote:
On 2010-04-05 17:37, Alan Munro wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-04-05 17:12, Rainboguy wrote:

Me, three! Smile I have three of them. I feel that the Hobson bag is the easiest to handle of all of the Malini bags. I wanted to perform with a Malini bag for 20 years, after witnessing Harry Riser's routine, but couldn't make the handling convincing. When the Hobson bag was released, it took a couple of months before I was using it in performances.

The Ken Brooke instructions are nice, too. If you can attend an egg bag workshop by Denny Haney, do it!

Me fourth! I really like the Hobson bag, it is great quality. Go with Hobson!
brody
View Profile
Inner circle
Omaha
1313 Posts

Profile of brody
Frank Starsini makes an excellent Malini bag. Mine's in red so it doesn't disappear against my jacket or the backdrop.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I have considered the Hobson Egg Bag, but it is really stiff material and it is not tall enough for me. These are only personal requirements for myself.

The Great Johnny Thompson uses a red Malini Egg Bag in his stage act as well, but he does not invite a spectator onto stage to verify every move. He walks to the stage edge and has someone feel and remove the egg from the bag.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
The egg bag should be black. I have custom made ones in red and maroon, but only use the black bag. You comment about seeing the white egg in the black bag.

Posted: Apr 5, 2010 8:53pm
Oh, you can find lots of bits in my book "Eggs, Bags & Gags" see on my web site or at http://www.stevensmagic.com
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
My bags are slightly larger than a standard malini. I designed a better indicator than the standard one which allows you not to have to look at the bag, the fabric is heavier than a standard malini but not as heavy as a Hobson bag. It works perfectly with the eggs-actly eggs. The heavier fabric makes it look extremely empty.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
kh-magus
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of kh-magus
I am using the Fabric Manipulation's egg bag. (Lynetta Welch). It works very well in the final segment because material is real silk.
KOKUBUNJI STUDIO

http://www.magus.tokyo/shop/

Extreme Multiplying Bottles

Ring on Glass Stem
wdwfan71
View Profile
New user
100 Posts

Profile of wdwfan71
[quote]On 2010-04-06 01:22, kh-magus wrote:
I am using the Fabric Manipulation's egg bag. (Lynetta Welch)

Ditto...

http://www.fabricmanipulation.com

I believe Denny & Lee's magic shop carries the Lynetta Welch bag as well.

http://www.dennymagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Best egg bag (5 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3..10~11~12 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL