We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Good survey questions (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Joshua Lozoff
View Profile
Inner circle
Chapel Hill, NC
1332 Posts

Profile of Joshua Lozoff
Hi there,

My marketing adviser has suggested we email a survey to the attendees of my ongoing show. What questions do you think would be helpful? What would you like to ask your audiences?

Thanks,
Joshua Lozoff

joshualozoff.com
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
What did they enjoy the most, and why?
What did they enjoy the least, and why?

These questions will tell you a lot about your target market.

Regards,
Mike
entity
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
5060 Posts

Profile of entity
How did they hear about the show?

What made them decide to come to the show?

Based upon their experience at this performance, would they recommend the show to their friends?

Given the price paid for tickets, did they find the entertainment experience to be:
a) a fair value for the price paid;
b) worth much more than the price paid;
c) not worth the price paid.

Did the show meet their expectations? If not, what might have been done to help the show to meet or surpass their expectations?

- entity
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5798 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Bill Malone recommends in his MagicNewsWire interview: "What could I do even better?" or in this case perhaps, "What could make the show even better?"
Dick Christian
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Virginia (Metro DC)
2620 Posts

Profile of Dick Christian
I send a post-event comment and follow-up form to the client within 24 hours after every one of both my own performances and the performances of every entertainer booked through my agency. The form is preaddressed for return to our office and no postage is required if mailed in the US (we have a first class business reply permit), so all the recipient has to do is fill it out, refold it, tape or staple it closed and put it in the mail -- so they have no excuse (other than sloth) for failing to return it. I find that about 30-40% of them are returned.

The form thanks the client for engaging our services and expresses our goal of providing the best in professional entertainment services and that we rely on the input of our clients to tell us how we are doing and point out ways in which our service might be improved. The client is asked to respond to various questions by checking either a “yes” or a “no” box and rate the performance itself and the overall service provided by the agency as "excellent," "good," "average," "fair" or “poor” by checking the appropriate box. We also ask the client to compare our service for each event with both our service at past events and the service the client received from other agencies they may have used as rating it as "better," the “same” or “worse.” We also ask the client to indicate whether or not they would use our services again in the future and whether or not they would recommend us to their friends by checking “yes,” “maybe” or “no.” Most importantly we ask if we may give their name and/or contact information as a reference and whether or not we may quote their comments in our references or promotional material. Additional space is also provided for comments or remarks -- either favorable or otherwise (and we ask that specific amplifying information be provided for any negative or unfavorable comments).

Many of the questions we ask (e.g., “Did our office handle your inquiry in a friendly, courteous and professional manner?” “Did we provide you with all of the information required for you to make your decision?” “Did the performer(s) arrive at the place of engagement on time and properly attired?” “Did the performer(s) provide the service we described and you expected?” etc.) are designed specifically for an entertainment agency and may not pertain to the case of a performer soliciting comments on his/her own show. For feedback regarding one's own show I would certainly add the following to those mentioned above that do pertain:

Do you feel that you received fair value for your entertainment dollar? (which is one of the "yes" or "no" questions on our form)

What did you like best about the show?

What did you like least about the show?

Do you feel that the show could be improved? If so, in what respect?

If you could change one thing about the show what would it be?

Whether or not the client completes and returns the form, it shows that we do care about our reputation and value the client's opinion. On those rare occasions (average no more than one per year) that we get any negative feedback I personally contact the client by telephone to thank them for their input, get any additional information that pertains and, if possible try to resolve any problems -- including offering a full or partial refund if appropriate (we have had to give no more than five or six full or partial refunds during the 30 years we have been in business -- sometimes serving as many as more than 500-700 engagements in a year).

I hope this is helpful.
Dick Christian
Joshua Lozoff
View Profile
Inner circle
Chapel Hill, NC
1332 Posts

Profile of Joshua Lozoff
Hi folks,

Thanks so much for the advice. My gang sent out the survey via website, and we got a very good response, and most importantly, got some great feedback that I found very helpful.

Thanks again for the advice, especially the detailed suggestions, Dick.
Joshua Lozoff

joshualozoff.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Good survey questions (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL