The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Pass Trainer (Steel Deck) by Hondo (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Miraclemakers
View Profile
Special user
INA
680 Posts

Profile of Miraclemakers
I've just get this item, I don't know is it works to makes my pass better and quicker or not. But after parcticing with this steel 20 minutes and using regular deck, feels like sponge (like Hondo said)..... I love the "sensation"....... I will keep using this steel to get the sponge sensation.....
movemonkey
View Profile
Loyal user
Detroit, USA
209 Posts

Profile of movemonkey
Fujii version is much better quality made with soft edge... this Hondo's one will bloody cut your fingers!
Failed Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Still working on the DL even after made
2100 Posts

Profile of Failed Magician
May I know the website for Fuji then?
Magic comes through perception. -HS
boinko
View Profile
Elite user
Illinois
414 Posts

Profile of boinko
Just got these from Vanishing, Inc -- and one thing I realized after a couple days of use is not just how *light* a regular deck feels -- but how *gentle* I'm able to handle a regular deck. I don't "grip" the regular deck as ham-fistedly as I'd previously been doing. (Not quite as bad as I'm probably describing it here -- but I realize these will -- I hope -- help me with simple deck handling -- not just classic pass/DL stuff.)

Anyway, I highly recommend this. I didn't think I'd like it -- or find it as compelling -- as I do.

EDIT: Wow -- I didn't realize how old this thread was. LOL.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5003 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
If you rubber cement 1 card to the front and back of each plate, then 6 will be the exact thickness of a regular deck rather than the 8 and they are easier to handle. Plus, they feel better with the cardstock glued to them. I did it to mine several years ago, never had to mess with them since. I also use them as presses when I am gaffing cards. Put the gaff between two of them, clamp them and let dry overnight. The plates make the card dry flat.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
boinko
View Profile
Elite user
Illinois
414 Posts

Profile of boinko
Quote:
On Nov 26, 2018, Poof-Daddy wrote:
If you rubber cement 1 card to the front and back of each plate, then 6 will be the exact thickness of a regular deck rather than the 8 and they are easier to handle. Plus, they feel better with the cardstock glued to them. I did it to mine several years ago, never had to mess with them since. I also use them as presses when I am gaffing cards. Put the gaff between two of them, clamp them and let dry overnight. The plates make the card dry flat.

Great ideas -- thank you! Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Pass Trainer (Steel Deck) by Hondo (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL