The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Royal Command by Nick Langham and Alakazam Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Joe Mauro
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of Joe Mauro
I use the old fashioned deck with the weighted block for the card rise. Works for me. But this sounds and looks great!

Clip:
http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=S12201

The Effect
Nick Langham's Royal Command Is an easy to perform card rise that's like no other.

Your spectator creates an almost perfect poker hand in their mind (almost because they need a fifth card to complete it). They scan through the imaginary cards in their hand and for the first time name the missing card ie suit and value (remember this hand only exists in their mind) You now draw attention to a deck which has been on full view throughout the performance. The cards are removed from the deck and you ask your spectator to concentrate on the card that will complete their winning hand. The thought of card now eerily rises from the deck!

This is a sure-fire, commercial crowd pleaser!

Set includes gimmicks and a DVD with tips, presentations and bonus ideas. (Just add your own deck)

Royal Command Is:
Easy To Perform
No Sleight of hand
Instant Reset
Quick to learn
Gets amazing Reactions
~Joe
fazzer
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of fazzer
Very interesting as a revelation for strolling situations.

I was fooled!
samdan
View Profile
Special user
507 Posts

Profile of samdan
Does anyone else have any input on this? It looks fantastic, but then again, so do lots of effects.
Mark Powell
View Profile
Special user
UK
504 Posts

Profile of Mark Powell
Looks like a variation of Langham's other effect, Ascension. The demo had Peter Nardi arriving at the chosen card by a different method to that mentioned in the ad copy.

Wonder how this improves on Ascension...
Failed Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Still working on the DL even after made
2100 Posts

Profile of Failed Magician
Anyone got a review on this?
Magic comes through perception. -HS
Joe Mauro
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of Joe Mauro
Some REAL reviews would be wonderful as I'm on the fence about ordering.

Please, no friends or company employees telling us how great it is.
~Joe
Failed Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
2100 Posts

Yeah, even for me it looks like Ascension.
magicbynick
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of magicbynick
HI GUYS ROYAL COMMAND
PLEASE READ MATT FIELDS REVIEW. MAGIC CIRCLE EDITOR 5 STARS out of FIVE !!!!
REVIEW IS ON ALAKAZAMS SITE UNDER REVIEWS.
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3331 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Bought this yesterday. Watch the DVD, it is a good idea, especially the diary effect on it. The handling is a bit figity. Unfortunately one of the gimmicks was fragile and broke immediately (handled gently and the correct way)being set up and put in the card box. With a bit of craft work I could probably fix it but for now its gone into the back of the draw until a rainy day when I'm bored and feel like having another crack at it
Failed Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
2100 Posts

Ouch, I'm sorry to hear that. There's nothing worse than breaking a trick straight after you pull it out of the box Smile

I hope you could fix it.
Mark Powell
View Profile
Special user
UK
504 Posts

Profile of Mark Powell
Takeachance - do you have Ascension and can you comment on how similar it is to Royal Command?
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3331 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Well just got contacted via PM from the Motherland with a very generous offer to replace the gimmick. I noticed nothing was mentioned here about it. That's pretty good back up service and standing behind your product I must say, I'm impressed. As they are all hand made perhaps I just got a slightly imperfect one. And if I wasn't all thumbs I'm sure I could have repaired it. The other 2 gimmicked sets of cards are fine. If you are a fan of rising card effects, this is a very nice version and plot and as I said earlier, the diary effect is certainly the way I'd like to perform this. It was the stand out effect on the DVD.
Sorry Mark I don't have Ascention to compare it with to be able to comment
cheerz
Neil
D-Maz
View Profile
New user
Canada
14 Posts

Profile of D-Maz
I was interested on this one. Is the gimmick easy to break while carrying?
mtoth2008
View Profile
Regular user
115 Posts

Profile of mtoth2008
I was surfing the Café and noticed your unanswered question. I purchased Royal Command last month and the gimmicks have performed properly without problem when I practiced it. I have always kept my distance from card rises as most look a little hokey in performance regardless of method. These gimmicks are well made and the DVD is very clear in it's explanation and handling recommendations.

Mike
TheBentos
View Profile
Loyal user
Grim North
236 Posts

Profile of TheBentos
Just thought I'd put a quick post up on here, after digging this out of an old drawer.
I must have bought this 3 years ago or so, practised it to myself a few times and forgotten about it.
I have no idea why I didn't pay more attention to it at the time!
This is a brilliant effect for a mix and mingle, and the reactions I got from it were really very good.
I must have performed this 20+ times last night, and every reaction was great.
This is such a strong effect for laymen and great for a quick, hard-hitting effect with an instant reset.
I won't be forgetting about this again in a hurry!
Sean Xem
View Profile
Loyal user
New York
219 Posts

Profile of Sean Xem
Bentos,

I have to agree 100%. The effect is great and perfect for strolling.

This is a very underrated trick.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Royal Command by Nick Langham and Alakazam Magic (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL