The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Docc Hilford's Serpent Wallet unleashed! (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I think mine should be here tomorrow. The switch capabilities has me excited as I have used Docc's "Tridiction" for years and I'm very interested in using the Serpent in this routine ( Tridiction is on Docc's Monster Mentalism dvd set, volume 3 ).

Has everyone read the PDF Docc e-mailed? I think, since he explains all these routines and you could use them without the Serpent ( which makes the switch stealth ) it was worth the purchase price, sans the wallet.

Simon Lovell's Rattlesnake Eggs routine is both comical and mysterious.

Chris

My Serpent arrived and I've been working with it before posting again. The wallet comes with a certificate of authenticity, signed by Docc. It's an eel skin, tri-fold wallet. I like the quality and was very pleased that it folded perfectly flat. I've seen tri-folds that were stiff and sprung open. After putting things in them, they got worse and were just too bulky.

The Serpent can be used as your everyday wallet as it has a clear plastic slot for a drivers license and places for credit cards and bills. There is a divider in the bill compartment so that you can separate spending cash from working bills.

Or, you can use it strictly for performances. Since it is a real, everyday wallet, it would not raise suspicion.

The routine I used it for is written up on Docc's site: http://www.docchilfordproducts.com/serpent2.html

This was just a get together at a family members home and I was able to do this for a friend, of a friend. I put some humor into the reading of the history of the bill, but you can do any presentation you like.

The switch of the their own bill, for the bill that I had was fast and smooth. You could pick up the bill and do an Al Baker switch in the hand, but I think that dilutes the revelations when you touch their bill. With the Serpent, it looks like their bill never left the table as you make a natural action of picking up the wallet to get a billet to write some info. Anyone that has done serial number divination knows how powerful that is.

My girl watched the routine and later asked me how I got the bill in the persons wallet. lol.

The pdf that Docc sends is loaded with material, ideas and suggestions and even after a fifth read, I'm still taking things in. As I said above, this was worth the price if it only came with the pdf.

If your a magician that wants to ad a powerful piece of mentalism that can be done on the spot with their borrowed bill, the Serpent is worth looking into. With all the freebies that comes with it, it's money well spent.

Chris Kavanagh
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
ventman
View Profile
Loyal user
277 Posts

Profile of ventman
I received mine and am very happy with it. The routines included are varied and great. Docc's lecture special is an awesome deal.
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6244 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Got it. Very sneaky ideas here. The workings are simple and make it easy to do the moves. By the way, I sent Docc and idea that you can use for a peek of a drawing dupe. For those that have it think this way: They draw on the back of your business card and the card is placed face down on the table. You pick up the wallet and card and switch both from hand to hand as you place the card down and under something. The wallet is now place in your pocket.

If you've done the move, guess what is in the plastic holder facing you? Surprise!!!

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Greg, very cool! Thanks for sharing.

The idea of putting the wallet in your breast pocket, it gets caught up and you have to look at your pocket to open it and see what causing the hangup is Docc's move. It allows you, in a natural action, to get the peek from the wallet.

I 'think' Docc created it when the SUC wallet came out.

Chris

antonuccio
View Profile
Regular user
Italy
130 Posts

Profile of antonuccio
Just a question, before making my order: is the wallet "mechanical", and in that case, can the mechanism break for some reason? Can it be repaired by myself, or it needs a replacement?
Please, be aware that I'm not trying in any way to "fish" for the method. I'm very excited about this new release, but I'm trying to make my decision the most informed as I can.

Best regards!
Jon Hackett
View Profile
Special user
UK
737 Posts

Profile of Jon Hackett
Hi antonuccio,

I bought mine a while ago, and it hasn't turned up yet because of, as your aware being in italy, the closure of airspace, dam volcanos!

But, I have received the pdf, that details the workings and a hell-of-alota routines!
(this plus the other freebies from Docc are valued at least to the $40 region in my view)

So I don't have it my hands, but have a good working knowledge of it, and I can tell you, no it is not mechanical in anyway that is suggested from your post. Can it fail? Only in the sense of a normal switch with sleight of hand can fail. But this is a whole lot simpler than sleight of hand.

Indeed, it almost would feel like it is mechanical, because of the ease of use, but it is not thusly, it wont break/fail and hence not need a 'replacement'.

As with any wallet/device in magic/mentalism though, you will need to take care of it, and ensure it works before your set.

Any other probs, give us a shout a few people seem to have it or know a bit Smile

Jon Hackett
It is not the brains that matter most, but that which guides them -- the character, the heart, generous qualities and progressive ideas. Doystoyevsky
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
This is a high quality eel skin wallet. Nothing mechanical to fail. Can the performer fail? Of course, but this is very easy to use. A simple move lets the wallet do its stuff, which lets you concentrate on presentation.

And as usual for me, I have a single playing card in it for card to wallet. Some folks use a DBacker, but you can use any indifferent card and do the KM move to clean up. The Serpent isn't a card to wallet, but I like to turn EVERY wallet into a card to wallet.

Chris

antonuccio
View Profile
Regular user
Italy
130 Posts

Profile of antonuccio
Many thanks to Jon and Chris for the wise words!
I've just bought the Serpent... and I'll let you know my first impressions as soon as I receive it.

Best,
santini
parmenion
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland/Zürich
3993 Posts

Profile of parmenion
You can also use it in the spectator hand.
“I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about.”
<BR>Oscar Wilde experimentaliste <br>
<BR>Artist pickpocket Professional
<BR>
<BR>Looking for the best book test in French? send me a PM!
Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1946 Posts

Profile of Titanas
I am still waiting too.
I received an email long time ago from Docc that there was an issue with shipping and since then its been a while.
Crossing my fingers...
Product Developer @ Murphys Magic Supplies
EventEntertainer
View Profile
Inner circle
Look Ma!
1110 Posts

Profile of EventEntertainer
...has anyone heard from Docc?
Rafael The Master Hypnotist
View Profile
Elite user
South East Asia
489 Posts

Profile of Rafael The Master Hypnotist
I also wait for mine, since I belong to "Wallet Addict Anonymous", hope this serpent thingy is something new
The BIGEST Room in the world is the Room for Improvement
Docc Hilford
View Profile
V.I.P.
364 Posts

Profile of Docc Hilford
Hello friends,

I'm back from a long weekend out of town and have addressed your concerns about the mysterious package.

I've asked the USPS to look into the slow delivery based on the recent problem with package examinations. Right now, about a dozen customers, both in the US and overseas, have not received their packages. This morning I was informed that your package, along with the others, is not missing, but simply on what they call the "slow delivery" list. It was tracked to Miami and into Jacksonville main station almost two weeks ago. However, it seems to have left the main station for delivery on May 8, 2010. (They had no explanation on why it sat there for over two weeks!)

The USPS assures me that your package is in route. I can only assume that it will eventually be delivered.

I'm so sorry for the delay. Thank you for your patience. Please feel free to contact me when your package arrives.

Yours,
Docc
EventEntertainer
View Profile
Inner circle
Look Ma!
1110 Posts

Profile of EventEntertainer
Docc,

Thank you. I also left you an apologetic phone message as well. Again, my sincerest apologies.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Tony Iacoviello shared his professional thoughts about the Serpent here:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......start=90

Docc Hilford
View Profile
V.I.P.
364 Posts

Profile of Docc Hilford
Hello peeps,

The anticipated DVD set, The Vault will be released soon. For more info and a special deal check out
http://www.docchilfordproducts.com/vault.html

Cheers,
Docc
PSYSHADOW
View Profile
Regular user
England
196 Posts

Profile of PSYSHADOW
Overseas postage is WAAY too high.
Peace in the World - or - the World in Pieces
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
The vault deal appears absolutely UNable to be resisted
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Tony Iacoviello gave a Vault Review here:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......art=0#10

RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4833 Posts

Profile of RNK
Hello Doc- I ordered the serpentine special a few weeks back- just wandering when the next shipment is going to be sent out?
Thanks Docc-

RNK
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Docc Hilford's Serpent Wallet unleashed! (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL