The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Can you manage ten parties most weekends? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
BIGmagiclV
View Profile
Veteran user
374 Posts

Profile of BIGmagiclV
Carl, Steve is a close friend of mine and has helped me immensely!
AS for setup, I have everything set up in my lefler case with a few items tht I put on a small table. I'm ready to go!
willhunter
View Profile
Regular user
Providence, RI
140 Posts

Profile of willhunter
Three keys to maxing out the number of shows are:

A case with a well rehearsed show full of quick instant reset tricks.
Organization - a well planned route with clear arrival and departure times.
LIVE IN A URBAN/METRO AREA WERE YOU CAN BOOK SHOWS NEARBY!
aka Billy Boston
magicguyri
View Profile
New user
RI
65 Posts

Profile of magicguyri
[quote]On 2010-04-09 14:21, Potty the Pirate wrote:
I think the message is, to get to the point where you don't need to work that hard!
HERE, HERE! Quality vs. Quantity.
Mr. Pitts
View Profile
Inner circle
David Pitts
1054 Posts

Profile of Mr. Pitts
I did a career day at a local elementary school a couple of months back. They assigned me the pre-school and kindergarten kids, aged 4 to 6. I did six shows, back to back, no re-set time at all. The shows had to be 25 minutes, counting the time necessary to get one group out and the other in. I stayed in one room, so I didn't have to move my stuff. The groups were small enough that I didn't need the mic at all. It went great, I hardly even broke a sweat and they loved the act. So under those kind of circumstances it's very do-able for me. If I'm having to travel from party to party across the city, doing a full 45 minute show, or an hour with, balloons, I would most definitely break a sweat, the schlepping and travel would be the hard part.
David Pitts
The Astonishing Mr. Pitts
Comedy Magician and Ventriloquist
http://www.mrpitts.com
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4620 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
[quote]On 2010-06-27 10:16, magicguyri wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-04-09 14:21, Potty the Pirate wrote:
I think the message is, to get to the point where you don't need to work that hard!
HERE, HERE! Quality vs. Quantity.

Ironically, I now work a few contracts on Brittany Ferries - and do five shows a day!
Of course, there's no travelling, and I get fed, watered, etc. To be honest, I really enjoy these ships - I worked cruise ships for ten years, and miss being at sea. When you're doing all your shows in one place, it's not hard to do five a day. It also keeps you on your toes - the audiences are VASTLY different from one crossing to another.
At home I won't take more than 2 in a day, though!
Potty Smile
Julie Carpenter
View Profile
Regular user
Watford
139 Posts

Profile of Julie Carpenter
On a good week I will get 2, 2 hour shows Saturday and again on Sunday. Sometimes I can fit 3 in a day, but I do tend to hit the Red Bull about half way through
Razamatazz Magic
View Profile
Regular user
United Kingdom
128 Posts

Profile of Razamatazz Magic
Unless you are performing all the shows in one venue 3 shows is plenty without working yourself into the ground. I am lucky enough to share the work load with my wife so it is a lot easier to set up and peform for us than a magician by themselves. We have such a big show to set up for the larger bookings that we could not fit in any more than 3 if they were all this size.

Does anyone else work with a partner in the show. Do you find it easier ???
Mr. Pitts
View Profile
Inner circle
David Pitts
1054 Posts

Profile of Mr. Pitts
Julie, do you do an actual two hour show, or do you mix it up with balloons, games or facepainting? Also, is the bear a vent puppet?
David Pitts
The Astonishing Mr. Pitts
Comedy Magician and Ventriloquist
http://www.mrpitts.com
Brian Lehr
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Canada
1600 Posts

Profile of Brian Lehr
Quote:
On 2010-06-27 11:59, Mr. Pitts wrote:
I did a career day at a local elementary school a couple of months back. They assigned me the pre-school and kindergarten kids, aged 4 to 6. I did six shows, back to back, no re-set time at all.

I just arrived home from something similar. I was hired for carnival day at a local elementary school (grades 1-6), and I had to perform 9 shows in 3 and a half hours. Each show was 20 minutes long, with just a couple of minutes break in between each (between 20-40 kids at each show). Some shows only consisted of three tricks, and others four. Depending on the ages of the kids, I chose from among the following effects: Hat Tear, Card to Mouth, Sword Through Neck, Coloring Book, and rabbit in the hat routine. It was a great day.

Brian
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Can you manage ten parties most weekends? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL