The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Paul Gordons New Packet Trick Realeses! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Your Thinking Cap
View Profile
Elite user
409 Posts

Profile of Your Thinking Cap
I just saw that on Paul Gordons website he has some new packet trics, each one with a demo.
Here they are:

Triple Kick Monte:"If you thought (think) that “Corner of Piccadilly” is strong, you’ve not yet tried “Triple Kick Monte” But, don’t take our word for it - watch the demo. (Click button on right)
It’s fairly easy to do, easy to reset, can be done standing and ends clean! But, so much magic happens! The three surprise climaxes are startling!
Supplied with all the special cards and full instructions with detailed photographs. As we said - watch the video demo!
Paul Gordon uses this in his act at every show, and has done for years. This, however, is the first time it is being released to the magic fraternity
"

Brilliant:Yes, like “Triple Kick Monte” - this is the second trick that Paul really didn’t want to release...yet! It’s been in his act for years, and now it can be in your act! Two top US magic magazines have asked to publish both this and “Triple Kick Monte”...too bad! They are hear and now!
Watch the video demo; see button on right. The “selection” on the video isn’t faked. It’s that strong! It can be done strolling and ends as clean as a whistle...
“B’Rilliant” comes with the specially made gaff (and fake) cards.
“A startling take on Max Maven’s “B’Wave! Clever thinking - great trick! We highly recommend it” - The Magician

Spectrum:Effect: Four cards are shown to be four duplicates. The cards are turned over to reveal faces on both sides; there are no backs. Then, instantly, four red backs are shown. After some byplay, the four duplicates are shown to have four totally different back colours.
Ends clean! All cards supplied. This is one of Paul Gordon’s favourite pocket card tricks. It was first released in the 90’s, but is back with a much better handling. WATCH the video demo - see right.
It’s a killer multi-surprise packet trick and only requires intermediate card skills. “Again, Paul Gordon has created another ‘worker’ blockbuster!” - Magic Café

http://www.paulgordon.net/shop.html

ps- In the video demo for Spectrum, Paul Gordon did something that was completely unnecessary. Can you spot it? If so, any comments?

ps (again)- Which is your favorite trick?

Yours Truly,
Your Thinkng Cap
Joe Mauro
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of Joe Mauro
Paul Gordon is a great Magician. Thanks for the heads upon his new offering!
~Joe
John Pilotzi
View Profile
Veteran user
321 Posts

Profile of John Pilotzi
Re SPECTRUM (which I've just purchased), there is a video annotation about the reason for the edit. I for one don't blame PG for making the edit. Smart move!!!

TRIPLE KICK MONTE is a favorite of mine. It's a real worker man. In fact, what the bejesus - I love them all!

JP
Jack of Spades
View Profile
New user
98 Posts

Profile of Jack of Spades
How many aliases does PG have here?????!!!!!
professorwhut
View Profile
Inner circle
Posts R US sold me
1353 Posts

Profile of professorwhut
I really like Paul Gordon's stuff. Just placed an order for a bunch of his material.
Disclaimer: I am not Paul Gordon Smile!
After much soul searching about a signature, I decided not to have one.

TG Pop [aka ProfessorWhut]
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
Quote:
On 2010-04-16 15:34, professorwhut wrote:
I really like Paul Gordon's stuff. Just placed an order for a bunch of his material.
Disclaimer: I am not Paul Gordon Smile!

I guess I should place a disclaimer also, so for the record, I'm not Paul Gordon either!

I've just been playing around with some of the new Paul Gordon packet trick releases which were just too late to be referenced and analysed in my packet trick book "Still Small, Still Deadly". Some of Paul's stuff I like and some I'm not so keen on, which I can probably say about every magical author I've read. And they can probably say the same about my stuff.

That aside, Paul does have some winners here. "Triple Kick Monte" is my favorite of the bunch, a lot of magic going on here and a quick triple punch climax. Worth looking at by any serious strolling magician. You'll quickly get the lay people's attention with this one.

"Spectrum" is also a good quickie. Not that there's a shortage of packet effects about that end with a variety of backs, a climax that's been around from the seventies, but this is not a Twisting The Aces variant like so many others. It's good. The effect description on the packaging is a little inaccurate in that part of the effect, as seen, is missing. Though there is no doubt it will be remembered by most as described. It's another winner.

"Brilliant' is certainly interesting, an improvement, marketed with permission of and crediting to Rene Clement. Whether it is better than "B'Wave" and myriad others is debatable, and I don't see why anyone who has the latter would bother with this (and there's a whole chapter on this type of effect in my last book)but if you don't have a variation on the plot it might be of interest. One thing that happens here that IS different is that all four cards are shown present before the random selection disappears. Only four cards are used. The card disappears and becomes blank with a different colored back. If I ever use this I think I'll have that card become blank both sides so the card has gone front and back. So is it good? Yes, some clever thinking here. However, the end result, though entirely different, could easily be compared 'effect' wise with an effect completely out of the 'packet brainwave' category, Gordon Bean and Larry Jennings "Limited Edition".

Sometimes by taking different routes we end up at similar spots. I'm not sure which would win this celebrity packet trick death match, both have pros and cons. But "Brilliant' is certainly as I said earlier an interesting addition to the packet brainwave category.

"Triple Kick Monte" and "Spectrum" will be going into my repertoire.

Paul.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Paul Gordons New Packet Trick Realeses! (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL