We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Dekranom (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
necroloid
View Profile
Special user
Kadar knows all and sees all of my
918 Posts

Profile of necroloid
I am sure Roth could make one special just for you, Curator. I am glad to know that spiral binding seems to be used as early as 1932 from my research. Now I am not as needful of the hard cover(Although I do plan on getting one in the future). I also dig the pockets in the WA.
dennper
View Profile
Loyal user
241 Posts

Profile of dennper
Yup - Spiral Binding (Co.) first opened its doors in 1932 as the first mechanical binding company in the United States and quickly became a leader in the wire binding field with the development of new and improved wire and equipment.

Although I think Hobb's might have had a leg up on this technology.

So I'm assuming WA CE is going to be a limited run? Trying to figure out my budget Smile
Cybersloughter
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of Cybersloughter
Would it be possible to get a HB version in the Ark in the future? Just wondering as the wife and I are still debating the merits of getting an Ark later this year. (It's a close debate)

JLJ
James L. Johnson

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.
- Voltaire

... a rigmarole with a few bits of paper and lots of spiel. That is Mentalism
- Corinda
StPaulMagician222
View Profile
Regular user
Saint Paul, MN (Cathedral Hill)
104 Posts

Profile of StPaulMagician222
I really like my spiral bound WA even though I have only had a limited time with it so far. I am still perfecting it's language and MO. I plan to use it at a casual barbecue on monday. One person there will be an antique bookseller and also a Witch so it will be great to see if It passes under the radar screen. She will give me a little wink if she is on to me and enjoy with everyone else or else I'll get that wide eyed deer in the headlights gaze. That is one of my favorite moments in life. That feeling of total disbelief and wonder at the same time. If you could bottle it and sell that stuff.

I can see myself getting a hard bound copy sometime in the future as it would be much nicer for a more formal function. I really can foresee the potentials of this magical little tome.
The little spiral version looks so authentic, like it has been sitting in someones garage or attic with some minimal exposure to the elements. I know I will get a lot use out of this book as it is a perfect way to transition seamlessly right into a cold reading.

OUTLAW ROCKS!

k.
"One can't believe in Impossible things" said Alice.
"I dare say" said the Queen, "Why when I was your age I believed more than 6 impossible things before breakfast.
-Thru the Looking Glass- L.E. Carol
Cybersloughter
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of Cybersloughter
My wire bound looks like it has suffered a little bit of water damage and after some time with some incense and some other, more interesting things, my copy has a fascinating and unique smell that reminds you of vanilla, smoke, incense and something else that you can't quite put your finger on.

I'm wondering if I can duplicate this on a HB version.

As for the deer in headlights, be careful. My wife bought mine for me as a birthday present, so she "knew" it was an effect, and it still made her break down crying the first time I performed this for her. I can never stress enough how hard hitting Rick and company's effects can be.

When I opened the box that had my WA, I finally felt like I truly had my first professional level piece of equipment, and the quality seems to improve as it ages.

My two copper again,
JLJ
James L. Johnson

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.
- Voltaire

... a rigmarole with a few bits of paper and lots of spiel. That is Mentalism
- Corinda
JAlenS
View Profile
Inner circle
Oklahoma
1523 Posts

Profile of JAlenS
Had to order. When I got the original it was so good that I thought the ONLY way it could be better is if it was in the form of an old and slightly tattered hard back. When are they scheduled to ship?
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
Dekramon starts shipping next week. The Astaroth symbol will also be a deep red color. It will look wicked.
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
Hugo
View Profile
New user
Texas
46 Posts

Profile of Hugo
Has anyone received the hardback Dekranom or are these still on backorder?
JAlenS
View Profile
Inner circle
Oklahoma
1523 Posts

Profile of JAlenS
There is no backorder at outlaw. I'm sure Rick will chime in with an update pretty soon. Ya gotta know Hugo, if the stuff aint right, Rick won't ship.

Anticipating mine with a witch box Smile
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
Dekranom are starting to ship this week. Feel free to PM me and I'll give you the ship status.

-Rick
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
teaguejb
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of teaguejb
Just got mine. This is my first piece from Outlaw. Super-impressive.
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
Quote:
On 2010-06-18 01:23, teaguejb wrote:
Just got mine. This is my first piece from Outlaw. Super-impressive.

Thank you. Dr. Bill suggested we do a hardcover version of our Witches' Almanac and I'm very happy with the Collectors edition.

2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
LarsRuth
View Profile
Loyal user
Frankfurt, Germany
212 Posts

Profile of LarsRuth
Too bad, I already bought the spiral bound version...
PROF BC
View Profile
Inner circle
1353 Posts

Profile of PROF BC
The WA/Dekranom figures prominently in the 'ultimate' routine ("Season of the Witch") forthcoming in the IPSWICH performance manual--due out in a matter of hours.
Phasmologist
dennper
View Profile
Loyal user
241 Posts

Profile of dennper
Welcome to the club teaguejb!

You might as well just set up automatic withdrawal payments now from your checking account directly to Outlaw. It will save you time in the future Smile
dennfox
View Profile
Inner circle
1680 Posts

Profile of dennfox
Just received a package in the mail. I opened it and it was the DEKRANOM-Collector's Edition. Wow! Incredible look! So glad I got it in hard cover. What an fabulous cover color. Reeks of old age! Man! So Awesome!
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
Senseless gibberish that amounts to
2611 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
There is a rumor going around that mine is shipping very soon! Smile
"I've always been mental, I'm sure of it" Boris Pocus Smile

"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny". . .Bruce Springsteen
Mr.Mystico
View Profile
New user
36 Posts

Profile of Mr.Mystico
Can someone give me a shout-out about this (or email me?)... just got my hard-cover edition, and have it figured out, except for how the left page figures in? Any help on that?

Thanks~

Mystico
DrRob
View Profile
Special user
Middle Chinnock
915 Posts

Profile of DrRob
Can someone answer a couple of questions please, Does it come in the box and is it essentially the spiral version in hardback form.
Would it play as well as the spiral version?

I look forward to your replies, if its yes to both then one will be making its way across the pond to the UK.

Warmest Regards
Dr Rob.
necroloid
View Profile
Special user
Kadar knows all and sees all of my
918 Posts

Profile of necroloid
It is the same as the spiral one. Unlike Luna, where I believe the spiral bound versions look more institutional(thus better), I think the spiral version is just as good as the hard cover Dekranom.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Dekranom (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.3 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL