The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Shmoke by Alan Rorrison (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8..13..18..23..25~26~27~28~29..35~36~37 [Next]
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2477 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
They will all be shipped in ten minutes fellows.
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4256 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Cool! A second unit! I'm going to Vegas for my weeks paid vacation in a month or two....SMOOKE Smile
toph
View Profile
Regular user
Dock o' the Bay, California
162 Posts

Profile of toph
A neat idea for people who perform this a lot - So as not to tip the method, I came up with the idea to produce the smoke WITHOUT utilizing the gimmick provided with Smoke. ALL you need is a pack of matches. that's it. Just a single pack of matches, and you can STILL perform this effect.

All this is done ala WARNING, by Daniel Garcia. I believe it is no longer in the market and was taken off for some reason.

I don't know if itd be appropriate to share this method since it is no longer being marketed but I believe it is a great way to mix up your performance of Smoke.

If youre not familiar with WARNING, the effect is basically this:

You introduce a pack of matches, extract a single match, strike it, put the matches away, extinguish the lit match, and produce smoke from your mouth.

The very same principle is in various books and included in DG's NEXT Notes.
WARNING just goes over the method and various subtleties better than it printed predecessor.

Hope this helps.
elimagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Is the number you're thinking of...
1502 Posts

Profile of elimagic
Although unlike warning, smoke is a multi use tool,, and at that is completely safe, whereas warning is not. Ive been performing warning for a while, but it is no where as good looking, and like I said not as safe or versatile as this.
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4256 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
The reason I bought smoke and didn't use the warning method was because...it's not totally safe. Smoke is 100 percent safe...warning...nada. And it's as versatile as to have the ability to be in play without matches
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
3742 Posts

Profile of emyers99
I loved Warning and used it a lot...until I started getting nose bleeds. Delightful. So I'm looking forward to Smoke .
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4256 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
You will love smoke,kind of saddens me that everyone has it/will have it! how is RFR? haha sorry to get off topic. But I'm doing a group order this month.
toph
View Profile
Regular user
Dock o' the Bay, California
162 Posts

Profile of toph
I agree 100% that SMOKE is a lot safer than the method to WARNING. I personally don't use the method in WARNING but just wanted to throw it out there for creativity purposes for people who don't mind using WANRING's method as an alternative to using the SMOKE gimmick, as to not tip the method to a spectator if they happen to be following a strolling magician, etc.

I didn't mean for my post to sound as if WARNING was a better , cleaner, or safer method in performing Portal in Smoke. It was only a suggestion for people who wanted another way to present portal as to not tip the method to repeat specs.

Then again, when WARNING first hit the streets, people claimed it to be completely safe as well; supposedly backed by "physician's", if I recall reading on a thread.

Either way, inhaling anything other than what our bodies were designed to inhale (oxygen) cant possibly be "100% safe". Who knows what these compounds can do in the long run, even if they're "organic".
Bundleofstix
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of Bundleofstix
Alan, when are you going to send us the shipping info and tracking number?
elimagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Is the number you're thinking of...
1502 Posts

Profile of elimagic
ALAN?
Astrocity
View Profile
Special user
532 Posts

Profile of Astrocity
Alan,
At this point in this fiasco you should have been all over getting our packages shipped out via DHL as you promised us. Then you should have absolutely provided all of us with the shipping and tracking info, something you can do with DHL. I don't know about anyone else, but I have not seen any shipping confirmation or tracking info yet. Come on man, if you just take care of it and get us all our DHL info we will all leave you the heck alone!!! We are running thin on patience and understanding as I'm sure you can appreciate.

Looking forward to that email with the DHL info,
Hank
Hank Morfin
http://www.MorfinMagic.com
Hank Morfin Rocks!
Lou Cirulli
View Profile
Special user
587 Posts

Profile of Lou Cirulli
And I still haven't received my refund yet! Alan, you say you sent it! Check for the typo's mate. I've sent you the email addy at least 5 times!
Bundleofstix
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of Bundleofstix
Alan?

Bueller?
Bueller?
Bueller?
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2339 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
It's just been 2 days. Cut him some slack fellas. But I guess now you've learned your lesson though, almost always order from the dealers.
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
http://www.facebook.com/Doug.Lippert
Astrocity
View Profile
Special user
532 Posts

Profile of Astrocity
Hey Doug,

It hasn't been 2 days, it's been 3 months! We paid our money, have been given lots of excuses, waited some more, and then were given more excuses. We finally saw a light at the end of the tunnel when Alan was getting the units from T11 to send out to us. I can only speak for myself, but I finally had some feeling of hope that this would actually get resolved. Alan sent us all emails stating that he was going to ship them out via DHL to avoid any issues with his postal service. Here's my problem at this very moment in time:

1 - He misses the first delivery on the 23rd and scheduled the re-delivery for 5 days later on the 28th.

2 - Posts that he received the units and was shipping them out on the 1st, 3 days after taking delivery of them.

3 - It's now the 3rd and I have not received ANY shipping confirmation and/or tracking information from either Alan or DHL. From some of the above posts, I'm gathering that no one else has either. I've used DHL to ship packages before, when you set up the shipment it's pretty much automatic to have shipping and tracking info sent to the parties you are shipping to. All you have to do is fill in their email info when setting up the shipment.

All along this process I have given Alan the benefit of the doubt and took his excuses at face value. For one reason, I have been aware of Alan and his contributions to the magic community for several years. I have purchased many items from him and through dealers and I'm a fan. The issue I have is his absolute lack of business practice and customer service (I use that term loosely) that borders on disrespect to his customers. Throughout this process, he has continually ignored or chose no to reply to PM's and emails from myself and others. That is what prompted 18 pages of postings to this thread, it's the only place where we would get any semblance of a response from Alan. Now at the 11th hour, when all it would take from Alan to make us all happy is to get us the shipping and tracking info on our packages, and all we get is crickets & tumbleweeds! That tells me he either has not shipped them out yet or he does not have enough business sense and respect for his customers to get it done and communicate his progress with us.

No disrespect to you Doug, but I HAVE cut Alan enough slack to perform the 100ft. rope escape at this point! All of us who have waited through all the BS have every right to be more than done at this point. If the packages are on their way, why not just send us the info and confirm that for us all??!!

Alan, you could do everyone a favor and chime in here any time soon...

Waiting,
Hank

PS - Doug, as for always ordering from dealers, at that point in time Alan was the only one who was making this available, there were no delaers. I have ordered several things from several private individuals and this is the only time I have ever had an issue. For the most part, the creators out there in the magic community have enough business sense and customer service to take care of the people who support them by buying their products.

Sorry if this comes off as "snipey" to you Doug, it's not menat to. At this point...well just stick a fork in me if you know what I mean.
Hank Morfin
http://www.MorfinMagic.com
Hank Morfin Rocks!
GODSQUAD
View Profile
New user
Ga
49 Posts

Profile of GODSQUAD
Hey Alan, where are you bud?
God Bless
Rafael The Master Hypnotist
View Profile
Elite user
South East Asia
486 Posts

Profile of Rafael The Master Hypnotist
Marc Spellman open his Act in Indonesia with Shmoke and Biokinesis

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sR2kORKJD3c

The BIGEST Room in the world is the Room for Improvement
Lou Cirulli
View Profile
Special user
587 Posts

Profile of Lou Cirulli
7:58- "Feel it Sandra!" LOL
Nadzri.Harif
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of Nadzri.Harif
Still no updates? Smile

this is getting crazy.
Kakuna
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of Kakuna
I think this will be the effect I'll be performing all the time in nightclubs with the stage lights etc, it kinda creates a nice atmosphere IMHO. I'll be getting this.

K
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Shmoke by Alan Rorrison (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8..13..18..23..25~26~27~28~29..35~36~37 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL