The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Shmoke by Alan Rorrison (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..21~22~23~24~25..35~36~37 [Next]
Bundleofstix
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of Bundleofstix
Nico maybe you should keep quiet also, because you also don't know what you're talking about. I agree that Reviewking shouldn't be making accusation, and acting like it's fact, when he doesn't have any actual evidence. Although I have to say, I think it's awfully suspicious that Theory11 was able to suddenly get this product out on the market so incredibly quickly. Considering the fact they had to redesign the product, then go out and find a brand new manufacturer and supplier to custom produce these new gimmicks up to their standards. And they also had to go through the process of planning, shooting, and editting a new instructional DVD for the product. I suppose it's possible that they were able to accomplish all this within such an incredibly short time frame, but it does seem a little suspicious. But without any real evidence I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

"...just because something really unfortunate happened to him, you don't need to gang up on him"

First of all, a lot of what's happened is Alan's OWN FAULT. Secondly, it's ridiculous that you accuse us of gangining up on him. Look at all the people that have been screwed over, it's been months now and at the very least we just want our money back, but apparently that's not possible right now. What do you expect us to do, just act like nothing's happened? We better not say anything because we don't want it to look like we're ganging up on him.

"...he told me he can't even enjoy his own first big release at T11 because of what's going on here."

Are you flipping kidding me? Do you seriously expect us to feel bad for him? Oh poor Alan, he can't even enjoy his first Theory11 release and all the money he'll be making from it. Like I said, Alan is in this situation because of his own doing, he can try to pass the blame off on to the mail service, paypal, etc, but I'm simply not buying it, this could have been avoided if he would have acted like a responsible/honest person. If you want to feel sorry for someone maybe it should be for all the people who were wronged in this situation (and Alan isn't one of those people).

"It's not fair of you to say what you are saying about him..."

Really? I caught Alan in an outright lie on this forum and I've brought it up several times asking for a response but he keeps ignoring it, presumably because he can't think of another excuse/lie to explain himself. But since you are here to defend Alan maybe you'd like to explain his dishonesty to us. You know I wouldn't be so upset if Alan would do two thing: 1.) Get us our money back quickly (and like I said, it would be nice, considering all we've had to deal with, if he figured out a way to also get us the product we order along with the refund, but at the very least we should get our money back very soon) 2.) He should admit to any and all dishonesty and fully explain the situation and sincerely apologise. If he did this I know I personally wouldn't hold a grudge and I may even order some of his other products someday (just not from him directly).
I doubt the latter(#2) will ever happen, but I'm very hopeful that former (#1) will.

And Blindside, I've been "sitting tight" for months now. I've also had some short communications with Alan and he was quite nice and promised he was working very hard on the situation, but at this point actions speak louder than words. Here's hoping Alan comes through for us very soon.

I really don't like having to say things like this about someone who does seem to be a very nice person. And I end up feeling guilty about calling him dishonest on a public forum, but the fact is I've learned I can't remain quiet about stuff like this. Nico I know you think you're helping Alan but you're really not, you need to let him speak for himself. When you come on here and act like we're all being unreasonable and Alan is an innocent party in this situation, then I have to come on here and say something.
Judah Vee
View Profile
Special user
of the JV Naughty Vanish....
884 Posts

Profile of Judah Vee
Well, all I can say is wow.

How about we all just step back from this thread for a minute and take a breath. We are starting to throw virtual punches, and things are being said that don't need to be. We are supposed to be magicians HELPING magicians, not magicians slinging mud at magicians. Why don't we let a sleeping dog lie for a few days, and see if the issue gets resolved. I am sure it will. Alan is not just sitting around doing nothing. He ,like a lot of us, works away from his computer so he cant be constantly checking emails or paypal or anything. He has to make living just like us.

So please... in the great words of Bill and Ted: be Awesome to each other. We have enuf bitterness to deal with these days outside of our little 'family' here.

Judah
I don't care how fast or slow you are.... As long as I am faster.. -J-
Judah Vee
View Profile
Special user
884 Posts

Profile of Judah Vee
And, yes, I realize that a few people have their money still tied up in this. I am sorry for that. I have bought things (not from Alan) and never got them too. So I feel your frustration.

Judah
Bundleofstix
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of Bundleofstix
I'm sorry you feel I was being overly harsh Judah. But as far as mud slinging, the harshest thing I said (and the most likely to be considered "mud slinging") is when I said he lied to us and is being dishonest. I totally understand this is a pretty serious claim to make, but I didn't just pull that claim out of nowhere, it's not just based on my own suspicisions. The lie I'm refering to is posted by him right here on this forum for anyone to see. I've brought it up several times, so you can go look for yourself. At first, I gave him the benefit of the doubt and I asked him about the two totally conflicting statements he'd made, assuming it was possibly some misunderstanding. But Alan refused to answer when asked directly, and every time I've asked since then he's ignored it. If it were just a misunderstanding don't you think he'd simply answer? Don't you think he'd want to clear things up so people don't think he's being dihonest? It would certainly have been in his best interest. The only reason someone wouldn't want to answer that question is that they were caught in a lie and by ignoring it they are hoping people will simply forget about.

Its sucks that I have to be the jerk in this situation, but I've learned the hard way that I can't just sit quietly in situations like this. I've been taken advantage of too many times because I wanted to give everyone the benefit of the doubt about absolutely everything, and I wanted to be nice and have everyone like me.
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4541 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Quote:
On 2010-08-10 16:41, Review King wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-08-10 15:11, Blindside785 wrote:
SO I had a chat with Alan and it seems he's working really hard to get stuff done. He's juggling a full time job etc, along with trying to work out these problems. He's not doing nothing about it so sit tight.

It's really not hard to reach Alan. His full details are on the bottom of his site, his tele is even there..
I've even been able to reach him on facebook. Sit tight guys Smile

You don't feel the poeple on this forum didn't 'sit tight' already? How about you give out the refunds and let Alan pay you when he can? That way you can 'sit tight' for however long it takes?
LOL do you not know I am one of the people that pre ordered and did not receive?
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2494 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
Ok take the rest of the post with a DAD voice!

" Bundle of stix.. ive not been dishonest or ripped any one off. ive been working hard to get this resolved and finaly its just about there... check your mail as I beleive you got your wish. Im sure ull fogive me once you read and recieve and give me a big hug.... I look forward to it infact lol..

Nico.. cheers man yoru a good support. As are you Judah. Also a big shout to blindside who I cought on facebook before and clued up on the situation.. emails haave been sent to all affected and I'm SURE YOU WILL ME MOOOOORE THAN HAPPY with the result."

Now lets get back to nice and civil convos folks lol.. and yes I feel liek a nice weight has been lifted.. thank you to every single person at theory 11 for the support
Lou Cirulli
View Profile
Special user
587 Posts

Profile of Lou Cirulli
=( Alan. I already ordered the new one from Theory 11 yesterday! I don't need 2. Should I just call Theory 11 and maybe get a refund from them?
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2494 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
Pmed you mate. and cheers
Judah Vee
View Profile
Special user
884 Posts

Profile of Judah Vee
Hiya Bundleofstix,

Guilty concience brudda? (LOL!) I wasnt directing that post to any one person. The tone of the THREAD was getting harsh. I was just saying THINGS were being said. Everyone is entitled to speak their mind, but I felt this had been beaten into the ground and we were starting to dig. Wasnt poking at you at all, and I am sorry I made you feel that I was. Which I can understand as my post was right after yours.

be nice to mice,

Judah
Bundleofstix
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of Bundleofstix
I just recieved Alan's email and it does seem he's worked out a way to resolve the situation in a way that should make everyone happy. I want to thank you for doing this, it's definately the most professional thing you could do at this point and I really do appreciate it. In fact I am willing give you an apology, I'm sorry that some of the things I said may not have been warranted. I hope you understand the reason I was upset(I think when I found out I wasn't going to have my refund money in time for the convention I'm going to next week it tipped me over the edge a bit) and assuming this all works out I will do my best to not hold any sort of grudge or hard feelings. I think you are a very creative thinker and I had been interested in your other products(I like the looks of the card link and the card cutting into your arm from your DVDs) so maybe in the future I will purchase some of your other products. I wish you well.
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2494 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
Ok folks the solution is there to all who need it.. lets get back to the effect.

Jeez you would think I sat around n done nothing during all of this lol.. worked my wee behind off...
Alan
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2494 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
And bundle.. mate don't worry about it lol.. Im a product artist. not a prophet artist. Enjoy the effect mate. trust me itll be worth the hastle
Matze
View Profile
Loyal user
235 Posts

Profile of Matze
I just bought one form T11..can't wait to get it.
baggins321
View Profile
Loyal user
United States
223 Posts

Profile of baggins321
Are re fills needed? If so, how many uses does each gimmick have?
Lou Cirulli
View Profile
Special user
587 Posts

Profile of Lou Cirulli
From the advertisement it says it comes with enough to perform 1000 times. Refills are available!
Chris Oberle
View Profile
Elite user
California
444 Posts

Profile of Chris Oberle
Well on a lighter note I just received my Shmoke from Theory11. I am impressed with the gimmick although I am not too big of a fan of the routines. Dan White is a very creative mind and his routines are clever but just not for me. It may be for you but I would be using this I will just have to come up with my own routines.
magicmike30
View Profile
Special user
744 Posts

Profile of magicmike30
Well I do like the prop I got from Alan. Now I see this and wonder should I get this V2 from Theory 11? Snazzy dvd plus improved gimmick seems rather quick. But nevertheless who can tell me if this is worth upgrading too. Still wish the limited run was up held but moving forward do I get this or not? Theory 11? Anyone who has both units? Help. My ocd to have the best version is killing me.

Mike
Entertainer
Nadzri.Harif
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of Nadzri.Harif
Hey Alan,

I just sent you an email.

hope to hear from you soon.

-Nadz
bghost
View Profile
New user
USA
93 Posts

Profile of bghost
Got it from T11 today.
I am having fun with it.
Thumb up for Alan very well made gimmick and clever idea.
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4541 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Got mine today, this is awesome
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Shmoke by Alan Rorrison (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..21~22~23~24~25..35~36~37 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL