The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Magic-Walk of Fame ... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Chezaday
View Profile
Inner circle
Naperville, IL
1673 Posts

Profile of Chezaday
Yikes ... what happened to my Magic Walk of Fame? It's like a hometown meeting .. I can't tell you how much I hate politics!

We should get the Abbott's Stage Crew involved. When we put our minds together .. we really get stuff done.

Steve

P.S. I will be taking bribes .. as you know I am from Chicago. Cash is preferred of course .. no paper trail.
johnsterlini
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of johnsterlini
I too have had this idea for a number of years. Whatever the outcome is, let's be sure it is done correctly. Not "cheesy" and do not skimp. I have the Disney approach to life and business. Build a good product and they will come. That is why our shop is not open. If it's done half ass, there is no reason to do it as it will appear as such. We need people to come into town and be blown away. Unfortunately, for several years this has not been the case.

Side note: I've been "away" for some time taking care of some serious family issues, I'll drop a posting soon.
awolf10421
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of awolf10421
Sorry Steve I know you don't know me but I agree you shouldnt have more than one bride, now I cant get that picture out of my head, Wen night opening act Steve with a harem.

back to the "walk of fame" yes you have to consider the harsh Michigan winter, the new park is perfect for this sort of thing either in a yellow brick road or even a star patern going out in rays, love that "Wand" look idea! and how long has the "convention" been going? (i have only been to 30 of them so far) so I would start with one for every year, I think this year will be 73 ......big undertaking I know, and I really think this should be something special for the people/magicians etc. that came to this little town and worked. there some things that should just remain exclusive, if want to belong at least minimum make the Pilgrimage .....i think that would sound fair enough in the end.
Rick Fisher
View Profile
Elite user
Rick Fisher
471 Posts

Profile of Rick Fisher
"We need people to come into town and be blown away. Unfortunately, for several years this has not been the case."

We don't need them to be blown away ..we just need numbers. The amount of tourists coming to town is paltry. Everyone in town knows that. You can have a wonderful shop..we have spent thousands on ours - but it doesn't make any difference if you don't have the folks coming to town. So the answer?? A big part of it is marketing - 99.9 % of it is - marketing. Then and only then will anyone appreciate the shops,the walk of fame, etc...these are all great ideas but if you build this mouse trap you better have a big chunk of cheese to lure them in Smile

We are about to announce a major change here in Colon - watch this thread within the next week for more information.......
Rick Fisher, President FAB Magic

"One of the largest magic shops in the world!"

www.fabmagic.com
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2869 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
Looking forward to it! My wife and I visit Colon at least once a month- usually stop by one of the magic shops if early enough- but always eat at The Riverlake Inn- one of Colon's biggest "secrets" (except well known amongst the locals). My wife always goes nuts scarfing down all the crab legs she can eat at the weekend buffet. Magic and great food, tough to beat that combination!
magicgettogether
View Profile
Special user
Michigan
556 Posts

Profile of magicgettogether
I spoke with Jack Rudy today, here are the results of yesterdays meeting.

The Magic Walk of Fame is now officially CCP Magic Walk of Fame and is part of the Colon Community Park project. Donations are tax deductible and should be sent to the following address:

CCP Magic Walk of Fame
PO Box 354
Colon MI 49040

Checks should be made out to "CCP Magic Walk of Fame"

Tomorrow they will be crossing the T's and dotting the I's and a checking account will be set up after that for donations to be deposited in.

Also the Park Pavilion passed inspection and is ready for occupancy so you can reserve the pavilion for your group or organization through the Village of Colon.

The childrens playground is the next item to be added to the park and hopefully will be completed this summer.

They are trying to arrange a classic car show at the pavilion during the Get Together which would be another reason to come to Colon that week.

In response to tourist coming to Colon I see just the opposite. Every event is very well attended. These include the Abbott Closeup Convention in March, The Abbott Flea Market in May, the 4th of July celebration in July, the Abbott Get Together in August and the National Magic Week in October that Rick puts on.

If it was busy all the time in Colon it would be called New York.
80 years in the making - Magic Get Together
Visit Abbotts Magic Online - Abbott Magic
Marshall Thornside
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
2016 Posts

Profile of Marshall Thornside
What is going on?

will I get my own star apart from my p's?
you will remember my name

World's Youngest Illusionista
7th greatest pianist in the world
Go Red For Women and Stroke Ambassador
www.mai-ling.net
magicgettogether
View Profile
Special user
Michigan
556 Posts

Profile of magicgettogether
Probably depend on the selection committee and how the fund raising goes.
80 years in the making - Magic Get Together
Visit Abbotts Magic Online - Abbott Magic
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
I am quite satisfied that there is a 8 X 10 color picture of me on the wall at Curly's bar.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2869 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
I already have a Big House brick outside Michigan Stadium. Now I want a Magic Capital brick... How can I get one?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Magic-Walk of Fame ... (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL