The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Hampton Falls By Tony Chris (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mattjohnson
View Profile
Elite user
Canada
451 Posts

Profile of mattjohnson
Ok, I am here to tell you about a new effect by my good friend Tony Chris and yes I did say good friend, however don't mistake this post to be a subtle advertising ploy ;o)

Tony is releasing one of his pet signature effects that he has been doing for as long as I can remember, I first saw him do it around 2003 when we became friends (may be he has been doing it longer but only Tony can answer that question).

Anyways, in true Tony Chris style Hampton Falls offers up a cool twist of Bizarre Magic, Mentalism & Close Up all mixed together with a touch of the gothic, a style we all recognize and love as typically Tony Chris!

Essentially it is Tony's twist on the Living and Dead test, I like it! What do you all think? There is a video of the effect on Tony's site, here is the link:

http://www.tonychrismagic.com/hamptonfallsorderpage.html

Enjoy all!

Matt Johnson
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
I like it!
Rudy
View Profile
Veteran user
Maryland
360 Posts

Profile of Rudy
I like it too, and Tony has such a good story to go along with it.
Paul Carnazzo
View Profile
Inner circle
1174 Posts

Profile of Paul Carnazzo
The presentation is fantastic!
remember....always use your powers for good!

http://www.mentalvoyage.com
Chad C.
View Profile
Inner circle
1522 Posts

Profile of Chad C.
Even though I said no more magic orders except for my kids show stuff - I did order this anyways! I'm a sucker for Tony's style and any type of separating living from dead type of effects - so it was a double temptation.
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3933 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
I also like it.
And being a photographer I can always say I was the one who took the photos only days before.

Steve
Tony Chris
View Profile
V.I.P.
Vancouver, Canada
714 Posts

Profile of Tony Chris
Hey guys,

Thanks so much for your comments on Hampton Falls. I really appreciate it. As my buddy Matt said, it is a nice blend of mentalism meets the paranormal bizarre. It has been a staple in my mentalism close up show for many years and I have had much fun freaking out laypeople with it. It's a real psyche "trip".

One of the reasons it works so well is because of the complete free choice that the spectator has combined with a lovely, dark and disturbing story. When you combine an abandoned insane asylum with paranormal overtones and a macabre storyline, you are sure to leave your spectators a "wee bit" spooked.

It was important for me when I developed the effect that it was not only a real "mind messer upper" but that it was a real mentalalists workers effect. In other words, instant reset, strong story line and as mentalism effects should be, real "mind benders".

I have enjoyed performing Hampton Falls in front of all sorts of audiences and the end result is one of those wonderful moments in magic when the spectator is left speechless and maybe a little freaked out!

Steve, I like your line of being the one who took the photos! That is a totally narley addition for your audience.

Rock on!
Tony
As magicians we create what onlookers call magic. If they truly believe in what we have created for them to witness then magic is real!!!

- TONY CHRIS, A.K.A. Zany Zack

http://www.tonychris.com
Mind_Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
The Sunshine State USA
1252 Posts

Profile of Mind_Magic
Tony:
You did it again, nice plot and routine!
Only a suggestion: for multi language performers I would like to see a "alive" or "dead" symbol instead of English words.
Tony Chris
View Profile
V.I.P.
Vancouver, Canada
714 Posts

Profile of Tony Chris
Hi Mind_Magic, You and I think alike my friend!

On the DVD, there is actually a section where you will be able get the the secret template info that will allow you to print off the photo's so that you can completely customize the Alive and Dead to work in any language in the world. You can use words or symbols if you wish. You could even use red blood drops or bloody smears for the dead. But that is getting oh so gory! Moohoo ha ha!!!

It is my way of thanking everyone who purchases the effect. I wanted to make sure that anyone, anywhere in the world could perform Hampton Falls.

Tony
As magicians we create what onlookers call magic. If they truly believe in what we have created for them to witness then magic is real!!!

Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5131 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Very intelligent idea. Wonderful Effect.
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
3237 Posts

Profile of NeilS
What a fantastic story and great presentation. I enjoyed it enormously.
Mind_Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
The Sunshine State USA
1252 Posts

Profile of Mind_Magic
Quote:
On 2010-04-10 15:01, Tony Chris wrote:
Hi Mind_Magic, You and I think alike my friend!

On the DVD, there is actually a section where you will be able get the the secret template info that will allow you to print off the photo's so that you can completely customize the Alive and Dead to work in any language in the world. You can use words or symbols if you wish. You could even use red blood drops or bloody smears for the dead. But that is getting oh so gory! Moohoo ha ha!!!

It is my way of thanking everyone who purchases the effect. I wanted to make sure that anyone, anywhere in the world could perform Hampton Falls.

Tony

Wow Tony!

I´m speechless...

Impossible to say no to this great effect. My order is in.

Thanks!
Tony Chris
View Profile
V.I.P.
Vancouver, Canada
714 Posts

Profile of Tony Chris
Hi Guys,

Thanks again for the great feedback and all the orders thus far. The response has been extremely amazing and I thank you all for your puchases. I just wanted to answer some of the questions that I have received from many PM's.

1. Can the cards be really shuffled before the effect.
Answer: Absolutely Yes! BUT There is no set up to the effect as it is an instant reset trick. There is no need whatsoever to shuffle the cards because the spectator will be selecting each card to place in either pile.

It is a free choice with every card so shuffling them will not make a difference.

2. How quick is the instant reset.
Answer: Dropping one pile onto the next and your ready to go.

3. How easy is it to perform
Answer: Extremely easy to perform.

Hope this helps!
Tony

lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3225 Posts

Profile of lunatik
I just placed my order
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
Tony Chris
View Profile
V.I.P.
Vancouver, Canada
714 Posts

Profile of Tony Chris
Hey guys,

Just letting everyone who ordered Hampton Falls, that all orders have been shipped this morning.

Thank you again for all the wonderful feedback and support. The discount sale is on until April 19 at

http://tonychrismagic.com/hamptonfallsorderpage.html

Thanks again!

Tony Chris
"The Macabre Mentalist"

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Hampton Falls By Tony Chris (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL