The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Right or Wrong? » » Dutch "Tita Tovenaar" reveals mentalism secrets. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Wolfmindreader
View Profile
Regular user
117 Posts

Profile of Wolfmindreader
Richard Stooker (aka Tita Tovenaar), A Dutch magician/mentalist has decided to come with his own TV show in which he wants to reveal "every mentalism secret":

He says: "In America, there have been a few magicians that have revealed Uri's secrets, but I'm going further. I'm going to explain everything"

Richard will explain every effect shown on latest edition of "de nieuwe Uri Geller" (the dutch version of Phenomenon). he's already explained a commonly used spoon bending gimmick and a psychological force on TV.

The Dutch magic community has responded quite hefty on this.

Is this the price we'll have to pay for the fact that our art is openly exposed on TV, while it actually belongs on stage?
parmenion
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland/Zürich
3993 Posts

Profile of parmenion
So, it depends, I think I think his website : http://www.titatovenaar.com/
I'm not sure he can't hurt anyone or mentalism looks very strange in Holland Smile
“I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about.”
<BR>Oscar Wilde experimentaliste <br>
<BR>Artist pickpocket Professional
<BR>
<BR>Looking for the best book test in French? send me a PM!
OldNick
View Profile
Regular user
Dresden/Germany
111 Posts

Profile of OldNick
parmenion
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland/Zürich
3993 Posts

Profile of parmenion
Now if you mean this man : http://www.richard-stooker.com/
he's magician, looks to his homepage with a beautiful four aces images...
When you don't have talent there's always a way to be famous, he has find one.
the solution for you will be to immigrate somewhere ( but no in Arabia Saoudite Smile )
<BR>
parmenion
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland/Zürich
3993 Posts

Profile of parmenion
Quote:
On 2010-04-11 09:58, OldNick wrote:
http://www.richard-stooker.com/

I know but the first one link is far more sympathic Smile
<BR>
Wolfmindreader
View Profile
Regular user
117 Posts

Titatovenaar.com is not his website, but here is a link to a (dutch) article, you can see a short video of him with a wig and fake beard doing his..thing.

http://www.telegraaf.nl/prive/6497642/__......sn=prive
OldNick
View Profile
Regular user
Dresden/Germany
111 Posts

Profile of OldNick
Ok, but imho that has nothing to do with childish behavior, if this is true...
Erdnase27
View Profile
Inner circle
2487 Posts

Profile of Erdnase27
I hope someone can sue this dude, no offence
"He must be content to rank with the common herd." - S.W. Erdnase
Wolfmindreader
View Profile
Regular user
117 Posts

Michiel, how's your english? could you translate the article?
Erdnase27
View Profile
Inner circle
2487 Posts

Profile of Erdnase27
My english is good.. I will translate it Smile

He exposed a Tenyo effect in that movieclip.. that's unacceptable.
Also the dutch community and inner circle is reacting heavy on this matter. Stooker himself said he fleed to a foreign country because he got threatened. I will translate more.
Wolfmindreader
View Profile
Regular user
117 Posts

That's great, I speak english with hair on ( O.o )...Engels met haar op..like they say in Belgium...
andre combrinck
View Profile
Special user
South Africa
953 Posts

Profile of andre combrinck
Quote:
On 2010-04-11 10:32, Beckers and Daniëls wrote:
That's great, I speak english with hair on ( O.o )...Engels met haar op..like they say in Belgium...

Haha...That's what we say in South Africa too. Klink dieselfde.
MentalistCreationLab
View Profile
Inner circle
1525 Posts

Profile of MentalistCreationLab
Yeah, another magician exposing mentalism to they masses. Here are a few others who have done this Harry Houdini, James Randi, and The Masked Idiot. Lets pay a short game. Name a true mentalist(not a magician dressed as a Mentalist) who has exposed Magic tricks to the general public in the same way the above three have? Thinking, Still Thinking, I give up I can not seem to think of any.
Erdnase27
View Profile
Inner circle
2487 Posts

Profile of Erdnase27
I post 2 articles:

It is true. I am the man who wants to debunk uri Geller.. That's what Richard says to our newspaper... "and I'm not at the least ashamed".
(Continues: ) "uri is a great entertainer.. but he doesn't have occult powers at all. All of the feats he performs are mere tricks.. and I want to teach that rationality to the dutch people."

Richard, who started performing magic at age 17, lets our paper know that the dutch magic community exploded after his confessions.

"im being threatened so I left Holland for a while. I get phoned every day so I want to take this easy"

-------------------------------------------------

article 2:

The debunking of Uri Gellers spoonTRICK.

Tita Tovenaar had enough of it. Enough of mentalists who abused his artform. He explains that these are mere tricks. To prove this matter he shows how to bend a spoon (Tenyo Spoonbend...) At Sunday the dutch can view his entire show at RTL channel.

He wants to end the mystery surrounding Mentalism for once and for all. "It is nice magic but there is nothing mindblowing about it", Tita Tovenaar, the self proclaimed debunker of Uri Geller explains. I want to open the eyes of the naive and the believers." and "There are mentalists out there who get money by predicting the future" so says Tita Tovenaar, who is disguised. We just all belong on businesspartys.. nothing more and nothing less". Mentalism is a true artform but we shouldnt let people abuse our artform". "The mindblowing tricks we show you have nothing to do with concentration or mindpower but with sleight of hand, illusionism, modern technology and showbusiness." In the past there were American magicians who debunked Uri Geller but I want to take this one step further. Im gonna explain it all. Everything.. Rationality will win superstition!" TIta opens his bag and shows a spoon. With everybody watching he bends it. "look.. a spring device" he explains ( THIS MAKES ME CRY)". After this he makes a heavy ball float. he turns his hand to show how this thumb is connected to the ball.. "ok perhaps this is devastating to say the least, but for our artform it isn't good that we claim to have supernatural abilityes. Everything that people show in the Uri Geller show is explainable. Rationality must win from superstition. I know what I'm talking about. I am performing mentalism for like 25 years. With tears in my eyes I experienced first hand how people are telling lies and more lies. "

I cant translate further. Its pure garbage anyway Smile My english isn't too good either
stashu
View Profile
Regular user
155 Posts

Profile of stashu
Between James Biss, the masked magician and this doucebag Ive just about had it, this is just ridiculous already, I'm sick of talentless magicians exposing mentalism, that's it, I'm done, I'm through, ill never perform my live science show again
Erdnase27
View Profile
Inner circle
2487 Posts

Profile of Erdnase27
Agreed.. These guys are a disgrace to the whole magic/mentalism community. Im done with it.. Whenever I see only a fraction of a marketed effect, mails will be sent.
MentalistCreationLab
View Profile
Inner circle
1525 Posts

Profile of MentalistCreationLab
Stashu, hold on a moment, do not stop performing your show just change it a bit so these bonehead can not figure out how you did it. Tell these types nothing tell there friends nothing also, now with this said we can move forward to a new level of mentalism the information that they will not have easy access to. What I think must occur is every mentalist must have one routine he never shares. I held the secret to Bill Montana's Pulse for 20 years before releasing it. This means I have something even better after years of working in the field of mentalism. Actually I have more than one effect none will know the secret too. Some will be released some will be shared some will never be shared.

So do not stop performing the show just improve it so boneheads can not figure it out.

Bill Montana
Erdnase27
View Profile
Inner circle
2487 Posts

Profile of Erdnase27
I don't want to improve my show because these ********* expose stuff on national TV. The guy here exposed Tenyo spoonbend on that moviefragment.. its a MARKETED effect.

Richard Stooker is the real name of Tita Tovenaar btw, he admitted it and is not ashamed at all.

This is not a exposure between friends anymore.. this is exposing on national TV. Its unforgivable!
Roni
View Profile
Elite user
405 Posts

Profile of Roni
What can I add to this? If he is so convinced he is doing the "Right Thing" by exposing Mentalism why is he hiding his face? Why does he diguise his voice?
This is suitable for a thief in a dark alley perhaps this is what he really is?
Anyway I just wanted to add my voice to the debate and say loud and clear that one can not justify "Protecting the Public" by exposing our craft.
He can run but he can't hide
Cheers
Roni
Erdnase27
View Profile
Inner circle
2487 Posts

Profile of Erdnase27
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Right or Wrong? » » Dutch "Tita Tovenaar" reveals mentalism secrets. (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL