The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Best Magic tricks for young children (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
wizardpa
View Profile
Inner circle
The New Orleans area
1011 Posts

Profile of wizardpa
I was just wondering what magic tricks others have found to be the best for YOUNG children, ages 3-7.
I get a lot of laughs from Diminishing cards, run rabbit run, the rabbit wringer,
the circus wagon with the production of a real rabbit, and my entire coloring book
routine consisting of the magic coloring book, disappearing crayons, and appearing crayons.
It seems that though cute, Hippity Hop rabbits are a little over their heads.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Sliding Die Box

Rabbit in Hat puppet doing diminishing ball and funny card discovery of 'Y'.

I would like to suggest you look at your presentation of Hippity Hop Ribbits if it is over their heads, as I did not find this to be true in my performance.

Spotty - poka dot bag and scarves.

Multiplying Golf Balls they enjoy real magic as well.

Any Hat Coil production like the Tambo Rings from Abbott's Magic. They love the paper productions.

The Magic Lesson from Unique International Magic in London, England. Very good fun Silk Blendo trick.

They love the Egg Bag, I use the Mardo Egg Bag by Martin Lewis for kid shows.

Misers Dream, pull a coin from a kids ear and they love it.

I like the Stamp Album Collection book instead of the coloring book.

For some reason the boys like the Cut and Restored rope.
wizardpa
View Profile
Inner circle
The New Orleans area
1011 Posts

Profile of wizardpa
I've only used The Hippity Hop Rabbits for the first time last Saturday for a group
of children ages 3-11. I of course, wanted them to mention to turn the rabbits around
so that I could show that the backs were actually a different color other then black or white, and no one said anything. They were more amazed that they were switching places then noticing that I was turning them around.
They were GENERALLY a quite audience, so the verdict is still out for me. We'll see
after the 2 shows I have next Saturday for children ages 1-10.
I'll have to pull out my spotty, and check out the egg bag. That is something I've never done in my 26 years of performing.
I'm going to check out some egg bag routines on you tube. Thanks!
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I always have a little one remove the egg, watch his eyes grow!

You can see a short demo of the HHR at http://www.stoners.com and search Hippity Hop Rabbits. There site does not allow direct link. Be very obvious at turning them around. You have to let the kids know it is okay to speak up at your show. Have them yell out magic words and such in a previous trick.

Not saying you are not doing these things as I never seen your show. I know that works for me.
TedLashley
View Profile
Regular user
El Campo, TX
197 Posts

Profile of TedLashley
I did a Google and Bing search for "Unique International Magic" in London, England, and came up with nothing... Is the name correct? Does anyone have a link to this company's web site?

TED
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Here you go: click here
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Quote:
On 2010-04-13 09:45, TedLashley wrote:
I did a Google and Bing search for "Unique International Magic" in London, England, and came up with nothing... Is the name correct? Does anyone have a link to this company's web site?

TED

Mr. Hegbli got the name wrong. International Magic Studios is the correct name. Unique Magic Stuios was Harry Stanley's magic shop and publishing company. When Harry Stanley retired, Supreme bought the rights to all of their material.

International Magic Studio was founded by the late Ron McMillan. His son took over when Ron passed away a few years ago.

Somehow, Wmhegbli combined the two names.

BTW, I think you would get more definitive and relevant answers if you posted the original inquiry in "The Little Darlings." That section is reserved for children's magic.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Bill Palmer, it seems they kept the same Logo Harry Stanley made famous. So I make a connection with the same Logo. They also continued the Info Magazine, and never really noticed the dropping of the word Unique. So I stand corrected.

You also have the choice to red flag the string, I did not notice they had a kiddie section on the Café.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Bongo Hat
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3698 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
Kandu Komedy Carton is a sure laugh getter. The crysatal tube (three silks magically tie together) using Silly Billy's routine is a perfect trick for children. I also do Picto-Chango, but there's no comedy involved.

Jim
raywitko
View Profile
Special user
western Pa
527 Posts

Profile of raywitko
I've been having a lot of fun with Mel Mellers Do As I Do Plumes. Since we added the color change it really seems to play well. Don't want to toot my own horn but...if your interested we have them here. http://www.tabmantables.com/floralfantasy.html
Also it seems anything with animals the little ones really enjoy.
Ray
Sometimes it seems there are more than one of me.

Tabman USA
magicdmv
email me at [email]fursclass@magicdmv.com[/email]
danfreed
View Profile
Inner circle
West Chester PA
1354 Posts

Profile of danfreed
The ZigZag box with the Rocky raccoon is awesome. I've done it at least a thousand times, and it pretty much always gets a ton of laughs for me. Also, I use Ickle Pickle multiplying (nesting) wands in combo with the coloring book and the dissapearing crayons (or crayons to silk). Those wands are better than some of the other nesting ones I've seen. They are great,get the birthday kid to hold all of them in weird ways, it makes a great photo opp cause the kid will drop them, etc.
wanderwizard
View Profile
Loyal user
221 Posts

Profile of wanderwizard
Thanks guys for these posts,some really good ideas for me to use for grandchildren
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2445 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
For me personally and I only speak for myself. After spending thousands of dollars on magic props rolling suitcases etc. I found the simple things are what works best .Sponge balls, sponge bunnies, the "do as I do" hat tear, misers dream . things like that gotten a huge huge reactions. I still use classic large props peanut butter and jelly is a go to effect. And I still have several larger props to come with me . But again, it's not the size of the price that matters .
jakeg
View Profile
Inner circle
1741 Posts

Profile of jakeg
Take a look at Christipher T's (T is for Taco) multiplying banana routine. Lots of audience participation.
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
I use, with only a few exceptions, the same props for Kindergarten Kids through Senior High "kids". The difference is PRESENTATION.

THE PERFORMER--AND HIS PRESENTATION--ARE ALWAYS MORE IMPORTANT THAN HIS PROPS.

I've written up just about all I know about working for school age kids (KIndergarten thru High School) in my book, "Dick Oslund--Road Scholar" It will be out this summer.
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
frankieacemagic
View Profile
Elite user
498 Posts

Profile of frankieacemagic
Ha! Dick, I literally just started a thread about the point you made Smile Id LOVE to do that.
Hawkan
View Profile
Elite user
Sweden
495 Posts

Profile of Hawkan
Any trick performed by me. All of them. Just add HÃ¥kan, and success is guaranteed.

HÃ¥kan Smile
MichaelCGM
View Profile
Inner circle
Oklahoma City
2286 Posts

Profile of MichaelCGM
Quote:
On Apr 12, 2010, wizardpa wrote: I of course, wanted them to mention to turn the rabbits around
so that I could show that the backs were actually a different color other then black or white, and no one said anything. They were more amazed that they were switching places then noticing that I was turning them around.

When I get a quiet audience or one that just misses the cue to speak out about something, I just respond to the invisible kid at the back. "What was that? Turn what around? Oh. Turn the rabbits around." Then do your thing. Oddly enough, I got that same type of non-response to the Axtel Drawing Board when I was auditioning for a library chain. So I just spoke to the invisible librarian at the back of the room. :o) After the first time, the rest of them jumped in.

My best kid-show reactions come from the Needle Balloon and a silk blendo, using a Silk Poke. They also like the hat tear, mouth coil and Dream Bag.
Magically Yours,

Magical Michael

MagicalMichael.com Smile Laus Deo!
Gerry Walkowski
View Profile
Inner circle
1450 Posts

Profile of Gerry Walkowski
Dick,

Can you give us any other details about your book?

The cost, number of pages, will you also sell a DVD?

Can't wait.

Gerry
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Best Magic tricks for young children (5 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL