The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » From where this Illusion come from? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Fabricem
View Profile
Elite user
479 Posts

Profile of Fabricem
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxdONIB6L6c

I mean what about the History of this illusion,

who is the buider of this? ( of course I know who is the performer ,
the video is mine)
the prop's design look little bit similar to the Brett Daniels Headless Illusion ,
maybe the same builder?
Are there
other performes whit an Illusion similar,
I mean whit a similar technique?
or just him do it ?
The concept is a basic concept ,
so I think evry magicians during their life for shure have thinked about somethings similar and based on this concept,
but until today I saw just this performer do this ,
so do you know someone more?
thanks.
AmazingEARL
View Profile
Veteran user
Tennessee, USA
350 Posts

Profile of AmazingEARL
Thanks for posting that, Fabrice! I was building a Modern Art last week and thought that it could be expanded into something like this.

It was only a fleeting notion and I didn't study exactly how to make it work. The video has cuts at :17 and 1:47 which makes me think that perhaps *they* didn't quite figure it all out either. Love to see this in one continuous shot.

Looks like it was recorded for television. I'm curious why there was no audible reaction from the audience during the routine? Properly presented, there should at least be applause when the split happens.

I've no idea of the history or builder of the illusion and have not seen it before. It looks to me like a cross between Rudy Coby's Half-Girl-Pushing-a-Cart prop and Steinmeyer's original Modern Art...the first one he built without the upper box. A hybrid of the two concepts, but probably harder to transport than the two of them put together!

It is an interesting idea, though...but I'd still like to see it without any cuts.

Dan Wolfe
Smoky Mountain Magic
http://www.SmokyMtMagic.com
"We build AMAZING things"
Hector
View Profile
Loyal user
273 Posts

Profile of Hector
Interesting idea.
I think it is also similar to Jonathan David Bass' idea "Instant babe"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2Oh376EGL0

best regards!
serg
View Profile
Elite user
Ukraine
433 Posts

Profile of serg
Fabrice,you can contact with Joe Labero and ask him...Idea look new! Serg.
Blair Marshall
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Canada
3661 Posts

Profile of Blair Marshall
Reminds me a little of Thurstons' "Vivesection" (real feet, real head etc) There have been many "splitting illuions. Interesting methodology, but not impressed with the size of the equipment, relative to the effect result. (And compared to other illusions which create the similar effect.)

Blair
serg
View Profile
Elite user
Ukraine
433 Posts

Profile of serg
Thanks for the link,Hector! Great variant of suspension. Joe labero e-mail:joe@labero.com Sincerely,Serg.
serg
View Profile
Elite user
Ukraine
433 Posts

Profile of serg
Ops,sorry... Hector I mean about this suspension: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ph7PbXv7Sc Serg.
Thom Bliss
View Profile
Loyal user
Southern California
271 Posts

Profile of Thom Bliss
After a bit of trouble signing in, I got a message saying the video linked at the top of the page is private.

Thom
davemajor
View Profile
Regular user
UK
184 Posts

Profile of davemajor
Yeah I got the same message?
donrodrigo
View Profile
Special user
U.S.A. and Europe
635 Posts

Profile of donrodrigo
Now I know were this art has gone to---------this end up.

Ethics-should it be allowed for these type of vids.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » From where this Illusion come from? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL