The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Restless by Dan Hauss Vol. 1,2,3 now available (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1946 Posts

Profile of ted french
http://www.papercranemagic.com/restless.htm
Check the link for the demo
P3
practice practice perform.
fridoliina89
View Profile
Special user
503 Posts

Profile of fridoliina89
Looks great!

From what I have seen Dans thinking is really great and he has impressed me with how he creates interesting gimmicks from ordinary objects creating some small miracles.

I will have to wait for a few reviews though, so much great stuff comeing out and too tight budget!
Rafael The Master Hypnotist
View Profile
Elite user
South East Asia
498 Posts

Profile of Rafael The Master Hypnotist
Hear.....Hear......
The BIGEST Room in the world is the Room for Improvement
james_thecanadian_magician
View Profile
Veteran user
332 Posts

Profile of james_thecanadian_magician
Very interesting demo. I enjoyed it.
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
I'm buying this!

Regards,
Mike
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1946 Posts

Profile of ted french
I must say that was the greatest post ever recorded in the history of the magic Café lol. Seriously thanks for the enthusiasm, I know Dan doesn't come on here but I know he appreciates the support.
P3
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1946 Posts

Profile of ted french
I must say that was the greatest post ever recorded in the history of the magic Café lol. Seriously thanks for the enthusiasm, I know Dan doesn't come on here but I know he appreciates the support.
P3
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
I purchased the pre-order combo deal, and I'm downloading as I type. The DVD's are pre-order but the downloads are instant.

I'll be glad to give my honest review of all three volumes. My last review was David Stone's new DVD (which I won't mention the name of) and I wasn't impressed with it. However, I have yet to be dissapointed with a purchase from Papercrane. Could this be the end of that streak? Smile
"If you're going to walk in the rain, don't complain about getting wet!"
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
My downloads just finished, but there is no way I'm watching all of them tonight. Total running time on all three is 6 hours. Smile
"If you're going to walk in the rain, don't complain about getting wet!"
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2240 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
I went ahead and bit the bullet on the download version of the complete trilogy.  Overall, I have liked Dan’s past work, and Papercrane also has a great track record.  While I haven’t loved everything Dan has released in the past (I liked the bonus effects on Sleeping Queens more than the main effect, for example) I have noticed that even on releases that I didn’t go crazy for, there was still always an interesting element for a crazy visual, interesting gimmick/method, performance idea, etc.  Basically, even if I’ve not loved all of his releases, his overall vibe and creativity were more than enough to get me to purchase this without reading reviews first. Back in a few days with some initial impressions.

Kevin
Kevin Reylek
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1800 Posts

Profile of JamieD
Why people aren't talking about these more, I don't know! I decided to go on a Dan Haus binge and watched each Volume one after the other. First thing I have to mention is the sheer amount of stuff crammed into each volume. There's just SO many effects on these. The teaching is just top notch and incredibly in depth. The gimmicks are absolutely ingenious. The first effect on Vol 1 will take a little time to make but geez is it awesome! Some of these really could have been put out as single trick effect. My personal favourite and worth the price of the whole set is Dan's second lace effect FOOTLOOSE. You know how you type down LOL but very rarely actually Laugh out Loud. Well I WOL. WOWED out loud!. It's such a stunning effect and one that in the right circumstance will blow minds. Why this hasn't been on a TV special I will never know. Such a simple effect that is just breathtaking. I'll pop up some more in-depth thoughts. Some ideas on these sets are just that, ideas. Not fully developed but put in our hands to play will and to develop. Everything is practical and workable. More thoughts from me coming soon guy's. But as for Paper Crane Magic, Quality doesn't come any better then this. A sexy release in anyone minds.

Jamie Daws
TORCE - VMRS - DARK SERIES
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1946 Posts

Profile of ted french
My top 5 favorites in no particular order are Blurred, 3 C the color changing card effect, Footloose, Unmatched and Puff/Smoke or TNR Creamer.
P3
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
?Footloose is examinable or it ends with the laces seperate or I am stupid for asking?
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1800 Posts

Profile of JamieD
Basically, your lace and theirs joins together. They can bend down and see there is no longer any ends. Then you put the ends back on the laces and you both become separate again. Such a brilliant effect. I've set it up so I can link one lace from one of my shoes to the other shoe. Good times!

Jamie Daws
TORCE - VMRS - DARK SERIES
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1946 Posts

Profile of ted french
Its like your lace and their lace become one lace. Uses a very easy to assemble gimmick most people will have it around their house and you don't tie any thing or use any funny rope magic moves.
P3
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
Thanks for the replies
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
2247 Posts

Profile of PatrickGregoire
Gotta agree, Footloose is amazing. I'm ashamed to say that it fooled me when I watched the performance. Footloose is just too magical to handle. Seriously, you fuse your shoelace and theirs together in a very direct manner. I'm blown away by it.
Nico Zottos
View Profile
Elite user
486 Posts

Profile of Nico Zottos
Footloose has to be my favorite effect from the DVD. I can't wait to perform it. I will try these effects out and have a review up by the beginning of next week.
fridoliina89
View Profile
Special user
503 Posts

Profile of fridoliina89
Ok I will get one of theese, I would love to get all of them but my budget will just allow me to get one at this moment. Could someone explaine what theese two effects are? It would help me a lot in my decision on wich one to get.

Puff/Smoke- This is such a powerful way to mix hard hitting mentalism with extremely visual magic. Rarely do you get such big results from such simple methods.

Coin and Marker Transpo- This is Dan's favorite non gimmicked effect, it has been his impromptu go to effect for years.
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
2247 Posts

Profile of PatrickGregoire
Puff/Smoke: A simplified version of Derren Brown`s Smoke. A spectator glimpses a card from a deck and the performer borrows a lit cigarette (or uses his own). He inhales some smoke from the cigarette, pushes it cleanly into his fist and blows smoke from his mouth onto his closed fist. When he opens his hand, the cigarette has transformed into the card they are thinking of. The card is rolled up like a cigarette. You end with your hands clean.

Coin and Marker Transpo: A signed coin and a marker change places. The sharpie is placed in your breast pocket and the coin is held in the left fist. With a wave of the hand, the coin in the hand is now the sharpie and the signed coin is now cleanly pulled out from the breast pocket with empty hands. Only one coin and one marker used.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Restless by Dan Hauss Vol. 1,2,3 now available (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL