The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » The Celtic Cabal (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
pduffie
View Profile
Veteran user
Scotland
340 Posts

Profile of pduffie
To let you know that I have just released a new ebook.

The Celtic Cabal: A New Collection of Magic & Mentalism

From Ireland, Scotland & Wales.

35 contributors - 44 routines, including two essays. Over 170 Pages!

You can buy this from me, or from any of the the other contributors (apart from two who are deceased *). Contributors listed below.

Q.R.
Max Gordon
David Lees
Jim Cuthbert
Paul Lesso
Pete Lamont
Peter Duffie
Peter Arcane
Roy Walton
Dave Forrest
Eddie McColl
Euan Bingham
Gary Middleton
Scotty Johnston
George McBride
Harry Guinness
Jackie McClements
James Went
Patrick McCullagh
Peter McLanachan
Alan Rorrison
Steve Thompson
David Walsh
Pat Fallon
R. Paul Wilson
James Piper
Dominic Lavin
Geraint Clarke
Trevor Lewis
*Steve Hamilton
Pat Fallon
Nevin Cody
Val Le-Val
Viv Davies
*Tom Sellers

Best Wishes

Peter
Alternative Magic
Andrew Loh
View Profile
Inner circle
Malaysia
1455 Posts

Profile of Andrew Loh
I just got through Peter Duffie's Celtic Cabal ebook which I thought awesome. I am really glad simply because this ebook is divided into 5 sections; Mentalism, Card Magic, Close up magic, stage magic and a bonus manuscript featuring Tom Sellers' Royal Flush Manuscript. Very different this time as there is a mixture of card effects and routines.

To be honest, I haven't gone through the whole ebook yet but I am sure the contents are always excellent. If I am going to start reading, most probably will start off the Card magic section as I am a card guy. In addition, this particular section is filled with top card guys! Smile

I will post my full review at my blog once I finish reading the whole ebook.

Andrew

Check out my new card magic eBooks "The Magnificent Queens" & "Triple Charms" at:
www.cardicianden.com

My Cardician Den Blog:
http://pasteboards.blogspot.com/
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
I'm sure this will be a great read. Wonderful list of contributors.

It also contains one of my personal favorite Peter Duffie effects: Triple Humdinger. Simple, direct and powerful.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Waterloophai
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1369 Posts

Profile of Waterloophai
I got a mail with the ad for The Celtic Cabal and saw between the authors the name of Dave Forrest.
That name is for me enough to go within 2 seconds to the Paypal-button.
So I have it but need to read iy yet.
Chris
View Profile
Inner circle
lybrary.com
1177 Posts

Profile of Chris
It is just as great and as much a bargain as the other compilations Peter has put together. Two thumbs up. My only question is which country Peter will tackle next Smile
Lybrary.com preserving magic one book at a time.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
This is VERY good! Excellent contributions!
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
cinful823
View Profile
New user
England, UK
76 Posts

Profile of cinful823
I have two of the Peter's ebook and they are all great. So tempted and I might consider to get this one too.
james_thecanadian_magician
View Profile
Veteran user
331 Posts

Profile of james_thecanadian_magician
Duffie's "Triple Humdinger" sounds interesting.
Dave Forrest
View Profile
Special user
Scotland
857 Posts

Profile of Dave Forrest
Quote:
On 2010-04-15 17:34, Waterloophai wrote:
I got a mail with the ad for The Celtic Cabal and saw between the authors the name of Dave Forrest.

Thanks man! Interested parties can check out demo videos of my two contributions here:

http://www.full52.com/cabal.htm

Dave.
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
I've now gotten three ebooks from that site and always been satisfied. You get a lot of bang for the buck. Each book contains several ideas that made me smile... including Celtic Cabal.

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
What can I say that that hasn't been said about Celtic Cabal? Oh yes... GET IT!

Chris, you questioned what country Peter would conquer next. As an Italian, I would of course LOVE to see some work from my paisanos Smile

After all, we DID give you Slydini Smile

Ahimsa <--- Not an Italian word Smile
Vlad
pabloinus
View Profile
Inner circle
1681 Posts

Profile of pabloinus
I am familiar with Duffie's material and have many of his ebooks and tricks, so I am looking for a review of this particular ebook, level of difficulty? Reviews on the non card tricks?

Thank you
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Quote:
On 2010-04-18 18:10, pabloinus wrote:
I am familiar with Duffie's material and have many of his ebooks and tricks, so I am looking for a review of this particular ebook, level of difficulty? Reviews on the non card tricks?

Thank you

Pabloinus,

Almost every effect is well within the reach of any magician with an intermediate skill set. The George McBride effect "Not for the Faint Hearted" is a bit more demanding. It's a really nice bit of work on Vernon's Travelers and Jennings's Ambidextrous Travelers" If you know those effects then you will also know that there is some heavier sleight of hand at work here, but, it is a VERY strong and well constructed routine.

Nice mentalism as well. Triple Humdinger is, I think, a REALLY nice hit them along side of head three times effect. A couple of essays are included in the book, There are a number of non-card items outside of the mentalism section, there is also a section of stage items, and a nice Tom Sellers bonus effect called Royal Flush.

The material as with all of Peter Duffie's books is uniformly excellent and you should be able to find at least two routines for your repertoire. I would wager even more than that since there are 44 routines crammed into this book.

Christ Almighty (after Henry Christ, not Jesus) is one I am adding. Press Gang is a nice opener, and, well, I could go on, but why spoil the fun of discovery?

There really is nothing in this book that demands the skill of a Richard Turner or Darwin Ortiz, although the McBride routine will test your chops.

Ahimsa,
Vlad
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Quote:
On 2010-04-16 16:54, Dave Forrest wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-04-15 17:34, Waterloophai wrote:

Thanks man! Interested parties can check out demo videos of my two contributions here:

http://www.full52.com/cabal.htm

Dave.

Dave,

Simply beautiful work! Thanks for the magic man!!

Ahimsa,
Vlad
james_thecanadian_magician
View Profile
Veteran user
331 Posts

Profile of james_thecanadian_magician
The Triple Humdinger effect keeps getting mention as a good trick. It must be gem.
Andrew Loh
View Profile
Inner circle
Malaysia
1455 Posts

Profile of Andrew Loh
Not only this trick alone, for you guys interested in card principles, please check out Duffie's all his previous publications. Until today, I am just wondering how Peter came up with all sorts of using card principles to create wonderful card magic.

Andrew

Check out my new card magic eBooks "The Magnificent Queens" & "Triple Charms" at:
www.cardicianden.com

My Cardician Den Blog:
http://pasteboards.blogspot.com/
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6135 Posts

Profile of motown
Peter never fails to deliver the goods. Can't wait to get this one.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
pabloinus
View Profile
Inner circle
1681 Posts

Profile of pabloinus
I think the problem (if this is a problem) with Duffie is the large amount of material he produces, in a way is like Harry Lorayne (Harry is even more prolific writer) so much great material that if you are not cautious you ended only reading them Smile

Thank you Peter but slow down a little ...
Harry Lorayne
View Profile
1926 - 2023
New York City
8558 Posts

Profile of Harry Lorayne
Read faster!!
[email]harrylorayne@earthlink.net[/email]

http://www.harrylorayne.com
http://www.harryloraynemagic.com
pabloinus
View Profile
Inner circle
1681 Posts

Profile of pabloinus
The reading is not the problem the remembering is, I also need your method ...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » The Celtic Cabal (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL