The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Magic using only one hand (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

moilima
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of moilima
Hi. I'm a Brazilian magician and I've just attended an close up contest. In the semifinals, when my name was announced as a finalist, I pretended to fall and break my right arm (I am right handed). Then in the finals, I did my routine with only one arm and the response was awesome.

I got silver, although I got the best score(39 of 40). I just lost because I passed 3 minutes of the time and lost 3 points. But of course, I am only saying this for my pride...(???). Anyway, I really liked the idea and I want to do more of it, so I'm looking for more tricks that can be done that way. The ones that I did were.
-Pea and shell
-Time machine
-PK match over the table
-Stuff with cards-Two double lifts with signature, Hot shot cut with catch with the same hand and false one hand shuffle putting the deck in new deck order

In the card stuff, I used a lot of René Lavand moves(of course) of his new set of DVDs. So what I am looking for is regular tricks that could work with only one hand. Sleight-of-hand tricks are welcome (I love to practice). Thank you and sorry about my English!
djvirtualreality
View Profile
Inner circle
MayfieldNew York
1347 Posts

Profile of djvirtualreality
OIL AND WATER! There was this one guy , I forget his name. He was a Spaniard I think. Anyway it was on World's Greatest Magic IV, I think. Someone will remember it.
Life is an illusion, death is reality.
moilima
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of moilima
The guy you are talking about is the one that I mentioned, René Levand, and the routine is "It can't be done any slower"(No se puede acer más lento). I'm looking for things different then his.
djvirtualreality
View Profile
Inner circle
MayfieldNew York
1347 Posts

Profile of djvirtualreality
Oh sorry, lol. That guy is Awesome! How about some flourishes?
Life is an illusion, death is reality.
RiffRaff
View Profile
Special user
631 Posts

Profile of RiffRaff
Good Afternoon,Moilina:

What about "Multiplying billiard balls". Excuse me but I don't remember the name in Portuguese.
moilima
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of moilima
RiffRaff, that's a good idea, although I already thought of it. But I didn't come up with an idea to reload the shells.

De onde vc é? Como fala português?
RiffRaff
View Profile
Special user
631 Posts

Profile of RiffRaff
One possible method is the production of balls/eggs from the mouth. You may also be able to make a steal as you bounce the third ball.

Also, even though you're using one hand for the performance, this does not preclude the other hand from being involved in secret maneuvers.

Aprendi Portugues no Rio (Escola Americana). Isto foi muitos anos atras.
moilima
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of moilima
Exelentes ideias! That's exactly what I'm looking for! Really great idea!!!
Dan Magyari
View Profile
Regular user
San Francisco, CA
173 Posts

Profile of Dan Magyari
Moilima - you should check out Shoot Ogawa's 2002 Lecture tape. He demonstrates his award winning one-handed matrix. Several weeks before the competition he actually broke his left hand or wrist and this was his solution to a very big problem. He is left-handed also.
Everything you do -- everything -- has your signature on it. Regardless of whether you intend it that way or not. And that's how people perceive you.-George Ledo
wassabi_87
View Profile
Loyal user
moscow, idaho
226 Posts

Profile of wassabi_87
Is there any place on the net where you can fing this stuff? an e-book perhaps? I have been contemplating this sort of thing for some time, sounds like fun.
bike during the day,
do magic at night,
and very early the next morning,
homework.
MillMagic
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of MillMagic
There is a whole chapter in Expert Card Technique on one-handed magic. Paul Harris has a flourishy opener "Just Call Me Mr.Wonderful". It is in Close-up Fantasies Finale. Darwin Ortiz' one handed poker deal from Cardshark is killer.

Best.

Dan
RiffRaff
View Profile
Special user
631 Posts

Profile of RiffRaff
There is another one-handed poker demo in the Father Cyprian book written by Frank Garcia.

This is a very powerful self-working effect.
moilima
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of moilima
Thanks to all that are sending ideas. Card stuff is great, but what I'm looking for is regular tricks that could be done with only one hand. I had an idea recently, use anything with the paddle move seems to work. Now what paddle and what routine...is another story.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14447 Posts

Profile of Review King
moilima, what a brilliant idea. It would leave the audience amazed that you still went on.

The fact that you could perform the act bone handed is incredible. Although Rene Levand might win the competition;-)

Best of luck with your concept!!

Chris
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6165 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Quote:
On 2003-06-27 12:39, Dan Magyari wrote:
moilima - you should check out Shoot Ogawa's 2002 Lecture tape. He demonstrates his award winning one-handed matrix. Several weeks before the competition he actually broke his left hand or wrist and this was his solution to a very big problem. He is left-handed also.

Shoot now does two complete matrixes... one each hand... at the same time. He also does a routine called The Coca Cola routine where he keeps sipping a cola has he does some incredible coin work with a purse frame. And, believe it or not, he does a Shadow coins routine one handed that will blow you away.
Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
moilima
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of moilima
Dan Magyari and Greg Arce. I'm trying to find this Shoot Ogawa tapes that you are talking about, but I'm having a bad time trying to find it. Could you name the tapes and help me find those? Just some links or websites to buy it will be great.
Thank you all for your help. MagicChris, thank you very much for your complements.
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6165 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Shoot can be reached at his website:
http://www.shootogawa.com
I will warn you that presently he is traveling and doing several conventions so it might take awhile before he gets back to you. You can get the new DVD Cultural Exchange through Bob Kohler at his website.
Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Magic using only one hand (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL