The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » What happened, was this... » » So I'm at Magic Con....aaaaaaand (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Craig Ousterling
View Profile
Special user
585 Posts

Profile of Craig Ousterling
The always classy Eric Jones is sitting at a session table in the lobby hallway outside the lecture rooms with a group of people. I hear Eric say, "Hey Craig, come meet my cousin. Would you show him something? I want to expose him to the variety that is magic!" I shake his cousin's hand in greetings.

As I start to put that same hand in my suit coat pocket to palm a specific something and bring out a copper and a silver for a CS routine.... I think....

I just got punked. Being the paranoid guy I am, I look around for Ashton Kutcher wearing a wizards cap pointing his finger and laughing with cameras 'on'. It was as if his cousin had just put way too much moisturizing lotion on his hands and now mine was soaked in it too.

At that moment I wouldn't have been able to palm a roll of double sided DUCT tape! Panic ensues (paranoia sucks). I make up the lame excuse of "uh... I have nothing on me!"

Eric has a sophisticated brief case next to himself and starts to unlatch it stating "what do you need?" The voice in my head wanted to reply "The ability to palm something while holding a handful of jello?"

I'm thinking to myself awwwe craaaap.... No gettin' out of this! Again I'm thinking "yer being puh unked yer beee ing puh unked" In the nya nya tone school kids use against each other in the recess court of growing up.

At this point I'm learning the muscle pass is really easy to do when you have an iron grip CP and a lotion soaked hand! I could have shot a hole through my pocket!

I'm wiping the coat of anti-palming poison off and I finally get a grip. Literally I got a grip! I bring out a silver 64 and a copper English penny (and something a little extra) and START to perform a variation of the great David Roth's "Standup Copper/Silver Classic" As I'm going through the routine "This coin here, that coin there, this color, that color..." somewhere between move x and y I end up with TWO silvers in my left hand(?). (wait! that's not part of the routine!)

Holy 7th beer Batman how much have you had to drink?!!

I Repeat the move thinking I can fix it. NOPE! Now I have TWO coppers in my left hand(?) (awe crap... I'm waaaay off script now!)

Recovery was difficult, hindsight is 20/20, and now I do yet ANOTHER variation of the C/S routine! Except this time on purpose using FOUR(?) coins!

Eric, thanks for the hints and tips at Magic Con, you're a real class act and fine gentleman. It was great meeting you there! Kenner said he who has the best story wins. This one isn't the best I'm sure but it's the one a remember the strongest! Every time I go to a magic meeting I'm always thinking of greeting a coin guy with an over lotioned hand and see how they handle it!
Eric Jones
View Profile
V.I.P.
Director of Product Development
2101 Posts

Profile of Eric Jones
Quote:
On 2010-04-17 19:11, Craig Ousterling wrote:
The always classy Eric Jones is sitting at a session table in the lobby hallway outside the lecture rooms with a group of people. I hear Eric say, "Hey Craig, come meet my cousin. Would you show him something? I want to expose him to the variety that is magic!" I shake his cousin's hand in greetings.

As I start to put that same hand in my suit coat pocket to palm a specific something and bring out a copper and a silver for a CS routine.... I think....

I just got punked. Being the paranoid guy I am, I look around for Ashton Kutcher wearing a wizards cap pointing his finger and laughing with cameras 'on'. It was as if his cousin had just put way too much moisturizing lotion on his hands and now mine was soaked in it too.

At that moment I wouldn't have been able to palm a roll of double sided DUCT tape! Panic ensues (paranoia sucks). I make up the lame excuse of "uh... I have nothing on me!"

Eric has a sophisticated brief case next to himself and starts to unlatch it stating "what do you need?" The voice in my head wanted to reply "The ability to palm something while holding a handful of jello?"

I'm thinking to myself awwwe craaaap.... No gettin' out of this! Again I'm thinking "yer being puh unked yer beee ing puh unked" In the nya nya tone school kids use against each other in the recess court of growing up.

At this point I'm learning the muscle pass is really easy to do when you have an iron grip CP and a lotion soaked hand! I could have shot a hole through my pocket!

I'm wiping the coat of anti-palming poison off and I finally get a grip. Literally I got a grip! I bring out a silver 64 and a copper English penny (and something a little extra) and START to perform a variation of the great David Roth's "Standup Copper/Silver Classic" As I'm going through the routine "This coin here, that coin there, this color, that color..." somewhere between move x and y I end up with TWO silvers in my left hand(?). (wait! that's not part of the routine!)

Holy 7th beer Batman how much have you had to drink?!!

I Repeat the move thinking I can fix it. NOPE! Now I have TWO coppers in my left hand(?) (awe crap... I'm waaaay off script now!)

Recovery was difficult, hindsight is 20/20, and now I do yet ANOTHER variation of the C/S routine! Except this time on purpose using FOUR(?) coins!

Eric, thanks for the hints and tips at Magic Con, you're a real class act and fine gentleman. It was great meeting you there! Kenner said he who has the best story wins. This one isn't the best I'm sure but it's the one a remember the strongest! Every time I go to a magic meeting I'm always thinking of greeting a coin guy with an over lotioned hand and see how they handle it!

Yeah, I'm sorry about that Craig. My cousin didn't mean to set you up, it just happened. But boy was it funny.
“We're two tigers away from an act in Vegas.” Greg House M.D.
<BR>
<BR>http://www.ericjonesmagic.com
Craig Ousterling
View Profile
Special user
585 Posts

Profile of Craig Ousterling
I thought it was hilarious! Magic Con was an experience to say the least and meeting you and your cousin was a blast!

Hope to see you at another conference in the future.

~Craig
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » What happened, was this... » » So I'm at Magic Con....aaaaaaand (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL