We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » I can't believe it... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
reynold
View Profile
Elite user
Puerto Rico
480 Posts

Profile of reynold
Hey BUYDAD:
How are you? I agree with you. The reason I posted this video is because I thought it was a bit gutsy not just to copy a single bit but the whole routine including music. But yes you are right, he will only get so far and he will eventually learn.

I never thought this was going to turn ugly.

Take care and wishing you the best,
Reynold
Magic Patrick
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota
1585 Posts

Profile of Magic Patrick
Reynold,

I am doing fine and loving life. I have been away for a while as I really didn't like the last conversation I had here on the Café. It got ugly also. I have found that if you agree with the masses you won't get eaten alive here on the Café. The minute you disagree watch out. You will be whipped into submission. I consider you and Kevin and many others the good guys but this place just seems to bring out the worst in people. Me included! Anyway, take care of yourself and if you are ever in Oklahoma look me up. We will go get a beer and talk about copying others routines and maybe even buy a knock off for our respective shows. LOL! I am serious about the beer.

Patrick
Oliver Ross
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1723 Posts

Profile of Oliver Ross
Patrick,

I really have to agree with your 700 post. This is the kind of post that should be fix in every different topic theme, hoping that people take the time to read it of course.
You're DC exemple is simple, but so brillant and true. Yes, me too I was guilty when I was young and stupid and tried to copy a DC effect with music. But getting older made me getting wiser.

Thanks for your post.

Oliver.
Magic Patrick
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota
1585 Posts

Profile of Magic Patrick
Oliver,

Thank you. I believe that behavior breeds behavior and positive post like yours will make this a more pleasant forum. Take care.

Patrick
w_s_anderson
View Profile
Inner circle
The United States
1221 Posts

Profile of w_s_anderson
Like Reynold, I made the mistake of buying a knock off origami many many years ago. I have sense purchased a wellington version to fix the past mistake. However, in my promotional video there is a brief 3 second clip of the knock off illusion. I have kept it in there only because I have not created a new promo video......hoping to correct that in the next few months. I don't see any reason to remove it, since I have a legitimate illusion, and to the lay person it doesn't look any different than a letitimate one. (only referencing the brief clip in my video, not the illusion itself)
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

Profile of Christopher Lyle
I'm referencing the "Reynold" debate here...

Let me say that I'm NOT an Grand Illusionist. Just not my thing. I don't enjoy watching Grand Illusions but I can appreciate that there is a market for that type of show. I get it...

How can you tell either by watching a video clip or a live show that someone is using a KNOCK OFF Illusion?

I don't agree with anyone using a knock off ANYTHING but how on earth can you tell? I have seen pictures of illusions that many called "knock off" and they looked fine to me? Granted, photoshop could have been used, but it just makes me wonder?

Anyone...?
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Magician, Comic, Daredevil, and Balloon Twisting Genius
For a Good Time...CLICK HERE!
Hansel
View Profile
Inner circle
Puerto Rico
2492 Posts

Profile of Hansel
Hi:

Well...I will not say much in this topic to avoid being accused of not being honest because my friendship with Reynold as has happened in other themes.
First of all: THIS IS NOT A KID!
Second: You pay homage to someone recognized to the masses: Ricky Martin, Madonna, Michael Jackson, Lady Gaga etc...if you go to imitate a magician maybe Copperfield or Angel would be more logical options and I dare to bet that in a school talent show very strange must have been someone imitating Copperfield.
Third: This is a VERY bad imitation, the fake h**d, the cloth, the movements...are very poor, if you are going to pay homage to someone you try to do as it best.
And Last but nos least: If someone after the talent show says to this man: I like your magic tricks, do you want to come to my party tomorrow? Do you think he is not going to do this because is his homage to Rudy,and says no?

So, we need to accept this guy making a Birthday Parties tour with his very poor done "Homage" to Rudy Coby?
Please, forget the gossip and the controversy in the forum, that don't make you a better writer in the Café. If something is wrong is wrong...maybe he is ignorant about that issues in magic, probably he is like Reynold 20 years ago, don't know about the royalties etc...BUT THIS IS WRONG!
Waiting for my fire...
Hansel!
Follow Me...
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Hansels-Comedy-and-Magic-Show-929625643774678/
Youtube: HanselSP
Twitter: @HanselSP
Instagram: HanselSP
w_s_anderson
View Profile
Inner circle
The United States
1221 Posts

Profile of w_s_anderson
Hello Christopher,

Many illusion builders produce all their illusions the same. The Origami Illusion, for example, is authorized to be built by 2 different builders: Wellington Enterprises and John Gaughan. The models that they build are very recognizable. The knock off origami's look quite different than the ones built by those two. Usually they have much larger bases, and boxes. I am sure other members on here can elaborate a lot more on the topic than I did.

Scott
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » I can't believe it... (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.44 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL