We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » My version of the Modern Art (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Hector
View Profile
Loyal user
272 Posts

Profile of Hector
This has been posted on the "Modern Art performed by a male magician" thread, but I thought that it could be easier if this is in a separate one.

Here you have my new version of the modern art.

We have remove the table and let arms and head out of the box. Just one foot out and one leg move when the box is open.

I hope you like it!

http://www.uploadfilesystem.com//viewima......4430.jpg
w_s_anderson
View Profile
Inner circle
The United States
1221 Posts

Profile of w_s_anderson
Looks great!
msmaster
View Profile
Special user
522 Posts

Profile of msmaster
Was the prop originally built for a large woman or a small man?
Hector
View Profile
Loyal user
272 Posts

Profile of Hector
It has been built for me with my ideas.
and yes, I am not a big man. lol
I am 171cm tall (5' 7'').

It is a self cutting illusion as you can see in my video with my old modern art:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlKnX54iPdc
msmaster
View Profile
Special user
522 Posts

Profile of msmaster
Nicely done, you are a big man my book.
w_s_anderson
View Profile
Inner circle
The United States
1221 Posts

Profile of w_s_anderson
I had modified mine in a similiar fashion. Mine has a military look to it, though it still has the arch underneath the table. Your's looks very sharp! Congratulations.
TaylorReed
View Profile
Special user
Branson, MO
744 Posts

Profile of TaylorReed
I like it! I'm working on something similar to this in a way, but a lot different in others... Great minds think alike. I'll show you photos when I get it all worked out..

Thanks..

Good stuff, keep up the good work.
Your friend in Magic,

TR
www.taylorreed.com
www.usedmagicillusions.com
taylor@taylorreed.com
(979)482-0714
See: The Magic and Comedy of Taylor Reed, Live in Branson, Mo
Kyle^Ravin
View Profile
Inner circle
I slammed my head against
1070 Posts

Profile of Kyle^Ravin
Cool!! Seems there's a recent trend in revamping the Modern Art. Jim Steinmeyer will be proud!
tristanmagic
View Profile
Special user
530 Posts

Profile of tristanmagic
Not sure if Steinmeyer will be proud? His name is not mentioned in the advertising. I hope Hector asked his permission or is selling the Modern art book with it
I'm sure Jim will not like that the table is removed - this is for magicians only, the lay people will wonder what that thick tray is next to the box.
To call this version 'Your new version' might be a bit naïve.
there are allready many versions with the head & arms sticking out of of the box.
Concerning Hectors old Modern art: this looks very simular to James Cielens version
http://www.dovemagic.com/illusions.htm
So before calling things your own you might want to do your research and give proper credit. To end on a positive note, the idea of using a joystick in your routine is very good
Hector
View Profile
Loyal user
272 Posts

Profile of Hector
Hi, may be there is some miss understanding in here.

I am NOT SELLING the illusion.

That is not an advertising of anything, I am also a graphic designer and I have made that kind of design just to show to you the illusion to share my ideas with the magic community. You cannot find this picture anywhere else. There is no price, the words "for sale" are not in any place, so, please, read me right: I am not making money with this... well... when I perform it! lol (and of course, I have bought the book years ago). The only reason I have wrote my name on the picture it is to give credit to the changes. Just for you guys. And I have not said "My new version", I said "my version", because, it already is MY VERSION of someone else's creation.

I have sent some pictures to mr. Steinmeyer some months ago a couple of times and I had no answer from him. Not even know if he liked it or not, I guess he is very busy as he is one of the greatest guys.

About the "thick tray".
I perform this illusion from about 6 years ago almost twice a day on the last 3 years. I have had the classic one, the cielen's version and now this one. And I have felt the difference on audience's reactions with this one because when I am divided in halves I have nothing underneath and they cannot find any answer. That's just my experience. And that Thick tray is, as you can see on the picture, it is justified with a bar on the side as it is already used to pull the illusion.
And I hope Jim appreciate that some of us love his ideas and work on it to adapt it to us (when he is selling the idea).

About the James Cielen's version, I did not know it was from him, you are right on that, I bought it from another magician here in Europe 2 years ago. I will send an e-mail to this gentleman with my apologizes as I didn't know it was his creation. And, of course, not use it anymore. But I have never said it was my idea. When I say "my old modern art" I mean, "the old version I own". As you can see, english is not my first language, I do my best with it, but may be some times it is hard to understand me, lol.

So, my intention was just to show to you guys my modifications on the GREAT JIM STEINMEYER'S CREATION as mr. Reed did with his ideas. Please, take me right, I wanted to share with the magic community my ideas as I think this forum is just for that.

Even with all this stuff... I am glad you like it.

PS: here you have the new link with the correct credits:

http://www.uploadfilesystem.com//viewima......6324.jpg
tristanmagic
View Profile
Special user
530 Posts

Profile of tristanmagic
Hector, thank you for clearing up the misunderstanding and I wish you all the best with your magic!
Hector
View Profile
Loyal user
272 Posts

Profile of Hector
Same to you! all the best!
GRMAGIC
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of GRMAGIC
Nice job looks great would love to watch it in your performance some time.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » My version of the Modern Art (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL