The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Come to magic conventions with me virtually (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
This is just something I think could be neat to do. I have an app on my phone from qik.com If you're not familiar it's similar to ustream. With it you can broadcast live video feeds from your mobile phone camera.

Imagine I'm at a magic convention. You can visit my qik.com page at qik.com/ronjaxon and watch what I shoot on my phone camera in real time (Well, sometimes a few second lag in time depending on the connecting I have on my phone). So it's basically like watching a webcam of it but it's coming from my phone.

The cool thing is you'll be able to chat with me as I'm shooting it. I'll be able to read what you say right on my phone screen over the video I'm shooting. So for example I'm at the convention. You're at home on your computer watching. You see a friend of yours and ask me to go say hello to that person. You could do that and they can read what you say and talk back to you.

I just thought it might be fun. I'll be going to Michigan Magic Day on May 6. I'm hoping some of you could stop in and help me test it out. This is a small conventions so it'll be a good testing ground. If it works out I'll do it at others I plan to attend such as the Abbott's get together and maybe WMS next year.

Ron Jaxon

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.
magicalwishes
View Profile
Regular user
Hickory, NC
143 Posts

Profile of magicalwishes
Ron I there was a local guy tried that once he claimed that with reception and battery life it made it difficult to do. I wish you luck maybe you can make it happen Smile

SYRS
magicgettogether
View Profile
Special user
Michigan
556 Posts

Profile of magicgettogether
Why not try it out at the May 1st Magic Flea Market in Colon, see if you can do one of Hank Moorehouse' auctions.
80 years in the making - Magic Get Together
Visit Abbotts Magic Online - Abbott Magic
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Come to magic conventions with me virtually (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL