The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Mental Card Effect (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
I met a magician in Vegas this week and he did an effect that I haven't seen in years. Now I am no novice to magic, but might be to some verbal commands. He used Ellusionist Tattoo for the revelation, but no cards in hands asked a woman (friend of mine) to think of a number, then color; then suit; then to say it out loud; then place your hand on my chest; there he revealed the 3 of diamonds on his chest.

Now mind you, I was drinking so I might have missed some parts. But I do not remember him limiting the choice. Maybe no court cards, but still that would give you a 2 to 9 range; everything else I got, I asked him and he told me he used some pre-work and I could have swore he said Banachek - Psychological Subtleties, but his accent was thick and I'm not sure if I heard him right. He also told me to look into the 14th step of mentalism. Any help would be great.
Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

Profile of Anthony Jacquin
The Gift - 14th Step to Mentalism is a book by Paul Brook. It will give you all you need and more.

Anthony
Anthony Jacquin

Reality is Plastic! The Art of Impromptu Hypnosis
Updated for 2016

Now on Kindle and Audible!
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Reading a review on it and it looks pretty good.
OnTiltSoon
View Profile
Special user
Barcelona
543 Posts

Profile of OnTiltSoon
It is Smile
- Joaquín Gasa Thomas
Waters
View Profile
Inner circle
2508 Posts

Profile of Waters
The above effect could certainly be performed with suggestion, but if he said pre-show, definately go with the above recommendation. It is the best resource around.

Sean
Garrad
View Profile
Elite user
446 Posts

Profile of Garrad
You could probalby do this with Silent Running
You might say reality is the result of complex negotiations between the observer and the observed. But that is simply a point of view.

Many Thanks
Garrad
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Well he told me he did Pre-show downstairs at the elevator with her and then did the effect earlier so she wasnt a stooge I have never worked with preshow before so I was intrigued cause the effect killed. Ill have to look into these recomendations.
Oyama
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR.
1054 Posts

Profile of Oyama
With this method...MANY things are possible. Talk about the cleanest ACAN!
"it's better to live one day as a lion, than a thousand years as a lamb."
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Derren Brown's 'Pure Effects' and his video (DVD) 'Devil Picturebook' has this exact force in it only there is NO PRE-SHow work.

I have been using it ever since Pure effect came out.

Ray
Oyama
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR.
1054 Posts

Profile of Oyama
True. But the performer told him what he was using.
"it's better to live one day as a lion, than a thousand years as a lamb."
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
I wsa just making sure that it was something old or a new method, the more I read about Silent Running the more it sounds like it but not sure, Is there any youtube that shows a magi doing this effect?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Mental Card Effect (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL