The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Surprised! Taste of Chicago and street mentalism? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Michael Lee
View Profile
Regular user
152 Posts

Profile of Michael Lee
Hello all,

There are approx 3 other performers that I am aware of going by the name Dr Zodiac....hmm.

Wow, 11am until 7pm for only 30.00 hats... Boy you are working hard!!! To allow yourself to be moved around like cattle every 2 or so hours is simply nuts!!

Ther are a number af acts now on the streets of NY & SF doing a mental act, or at least segments of one.

They all in one form or another do a segment of key bending or an add a # type effect. Saw one act do a "shattering bottle" effect. Went over very BIG!!

Again it's not the material, it's you!! If the audience "digs you" then they will usually like what you do.

Keep passing the hat.

Michael Lee
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5732 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Quote:
On 2003-07-07 02:50, Dr_Zodiac wrote:
The taste as I have heard, is the hardest hat and place in the world to work. Others have told me if you can make it there, you can make it anywhere. I would reccommend Michigan avenue near Water Tower Place and Nike town as location for busking.

Z

I guess you haven't tried Grand Rapids, Michigan. The Downtown Management Authority brought in street performers from out of town, but because the hats were so small, they haven't been back. The only performers I've seen who ever did well were balloon sculptors. The only reason that I'd ever setup for a performance downtown is if I was well paid in advance.

I understand that DMA is the only organization that can sanction street performing in GR. The local arts festival had much of it's crowd taken away by a local mime and the Arts Council complained to the city, from what I've heard. So much for the Arts Council really showing support for the arts.
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5373 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
New orleans I promise is a lot tougher than chicago and the taste...i worked the taste and found the people to be very gracious...not only that...i worked the streets ion chicago and it could not have been any easier....go to new orleans...where everyone is afraid that you are a 3 card monte guy...see how it is there....grand rapids?....come on guys....its like taking candy from babys

koz
R2
View Profile
Special user
935 Posts

Profile of R2
Dr Zodiac Quote
Everyone was amazed that I knew rey rey wasn't in school. How? Its summer time, but it appears that rey rey was kicked out.
_____________________-
Scott, you weren't supposed to let that out?
What gives?
~r2 formerly known as ReyRey
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Surprised! Taste of Chicago and street mentalism? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL