The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Box for Brainwave Deck (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Damon Zale
View Profile
Regular user
184 Posts

Profile of Damon Zale
If you leave the cellophane on say a blue box , then take a red card and stick it under the cellophane on the side that that says "Bicycle" you got a red/blue card box.
Russell Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Hampshire, England
1108 Posts

Profile of Russell Davidson
I wouldn't worry about the box. I've never been questioned about why the card backs don't match the box. Firstly, that only happens 50% of the time & secondly, the attention is on the cards not the box.
Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2678 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
The way I've always handled Brainwave's color discrepancy, instead of using a special box, is in the presentation.

If the named card means that you're taking the deck out so that the color matches the box, you really don't need to make any point about the box and the card.

If the named card means that you're taking the Brainwave deck out so that it's the opposite color of the box, spread the cards, show the named card face-up, and then highlight the discrepancy of the deck and box color as a build-up to the kicker: "Did you notice that I'm carrying a blue deck in a red box? Most of these cards obviously don't belong here, but there is one that does..."

Note that the card/box color discrepancy becomes a feature of the effect here, and not something you need to hide.
Failed Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Still working on the DL even after made
2100 Posts

Profile of Failed Magician
LOL. Why didn't I think of that! Thanks Scott. It's really good! Now I don't have to worry anymore Smile
Magic comes through perception. -HS
danmarimba123
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of danmarimba123
Good info, thanks
Zebaztian
View Profile
Special user
The Netherlands
655 Posts

Profile of Zebaztian
Here's a plan to make your own card box.

Click here to view/download attached file.
My mind reading routines: http://www.basjongenelen.nl/goocheltrucs/. Scroll a bit down to the English routines.
Zebaztian
View Profile
Special user
The Netherlands
655 Posts

Profile of Zebaztian
Here's the plan for a bridge size card box.

Click here to view/download attached file.
My mind reading routines: http://www.basjongenelen.nl/goocheltrucs/. Scroll a bit down to the English routines.
Failed Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Still working on the DL even after made
2100 Posts

Profile of Failed Magician
I like Scott's idea. No matter what, it will give more punch to the effect Smile
Magic comes through perception. -HS
shaneking
View Profile
New user
Sydney, Australia
61 Posts

Profile of shaneking
I buy holographic card and use that. I use a stanley knife to prise apart a standard bicycle deck and then use that as the template. I have some exquisite gold coloured holographic deck boxes that look really magical. Takes about 20 minutes to make but lasts a couple of months.
If you're not looking for it you won't find it!
Www.shanekingmagic.com
Sydney, Australia
shaneking
View Profile
New user
Sydney, Australia
61 Posts

Profile of shaneking
I buy holographic card and use that. I use a stanley knife to prise apart a standard bicycle deck and then use that as the template. I have some exquisite gold coloured holographic deck boxes that look really magical. Takes about 20 minutes to make but lasts a couple of months.
If you're not looking for it you won't find it!
Www.shanekingmagic.com
Sydney, Australia
calen.morelli.
View Profile
New user
46 Posts

Profile of calen.morelli.
I just use a white box when I do it.
Chris Henderson
View Profile
Special user
Indiana -- Anyone w/ no life would have
563 Posts

Profile of Chris Henderson
I have a nice leather case to hold a deck of cards. Deck color then becomes a moot point as far as the spectator is concerned. Plus it classes things up a bit. Smile This is not the one I have, but here is an example:
"I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief"

--Gerry Spence
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Box for Brainwave Deck (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL