The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » DESIRE: Brand new, for a select few (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Sensio
View Profile
Special user
I promise I won't exceed
641 Posts

Profile of Sensio
We posted this in another area of this forum and we were advised to use the "Latest and Greatest" area.

----So here the original post:

This is our latest creation. We feel that it must remain as secret as possible given that it is actually targeted only to serious workers. That's why we use a "code" in order to access the webpage.
It's a brand new, super clean two-way communication radio system.

If you wish to learn more, type the address below but in the place of the asterisks type the surname of the legend whose surname starts with "can". The number of asterisks doesn't refer to the number of the letters of his surname.

http://sites.google.com/site/***********desire/

Please don't complain about this weirdy way to access the page. We just need to protect this as much as possible.

Regards,
Sensio
slyhand
View Profile
Inner circle
Good ole Virginia
1908 Posts

Profile of slyhand
Hmmm, well you got me. No Idea.
I am getting so tired of slitting the throats of people who say that I am a violent psychopath.

Alec
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
It's also the name of a card game.
jordanjohnson
View Profile
Special user
Hiding in the Shadows
593 Posts

Profile of jordanjohnson
Wow this is awesome looking and sounding. I've been looking for a product like this for years. Too bad I can't afford this at this time Smile . This really seems revolutionary to mentalism!

JJ
Sensio
View Profile
Special user
I promise I won't exceed
641 Posts

Profile of Sensio
Quote:
On 2010-04-22 18:01, jordanjohnson wrote:
Wow this is awesome looking and sounding. I've been looking for a product like this for years. Too bad I can't afford this at this time Smile . This really seems revolutionary to mentalism!

JJ

Before anything else, we are mind readers (the real thing!) and we received your vibes to come up with DESIRE!

Best regards
Sensio
jaybest
View Profile
Veteran user
318 Posts

Profile of jaybest
If you like this sort of thing then this looks and sounds great, it's not for me at this time but seems to be a cool piece of kit.
jerdunn
View Profile
Inner circle
1735 Posts

Profile of jerdunn
Have a look at this extremely similar electronic system being offered on Ebay for $44.95 -- then ask yourself why Sensio is charging more than $1,000 for his.

The site is: http://cgi.ebay.com/Secret-GSM-SPY-Earph......5b92d0ae

Hmmmm...
Jerry
Sensio
View Profile
Special user
I promise I won't exceed
641 Posts

Profile of Sensio
Quote:
On 2010-04-23 15:33, jerdunn wrote:
Have a look at this extremely similar electronic system being offered on Ebay for $44.95 -- then ask yourself why Sensio is charging more than $1,000 for his.

Hmmmm...
Jerry

Buy this - it is completely useless to you. This is the only thing I can say. Now I invite you to do a similar research about other products and tell us. Especially for those people that you claim to have some good relations with.

We are very very conservative about the pricing we offer for DESIRE. Which is a system that delivers FULLY what a serious performer needs and is very attractively priced.

We feel you don't like as so much, no problem; free country!

Best regards,
Sensio
jerdunn
View Profile
Inner circle
1735 Posts

Profile of jerdunn
Sensio --

This is the second time you've been nailed for dubious product offerings here on the Café.

FIrst you offered magicians and mentalists a product of questionable originality -- Feelings, which has features directly "inspired" by Craig Filicetti's products.

Now you offer Desire for more than $1,000, while a $45 product on Ebay is virtually the same thing -- a covert two-way communication system, with a teensy earpiece that fits against the eardrum.

In my opinion, you're a ripoff -- both of other creators/manufacturers, and of the magicians and mentalists to whom you try to sell your questionable products.

No, I don't like you so much.

Jerry
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2343 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
Quote:
On 2010-04-23 15:44, Sensio wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-04-23 15:33, jerdunn wrote:

Hmmmm...
Jerry

Buy this - it is completely useless to you. This is the only thing I can say.

It's useless if you plan on doing TWO-WAY communication, yes.

If you're doing blind sight, no. It would be quite useful indeed.
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
jerdunn
View Profile
Inner circle
1735 Posts

Profile of jerdunn
Actually, the system on ebay has a mic for your phone, so it does do two-way communication. The other person can talk to you just as if you are on a phone call with them; they would be on their phone.

Sensio has nerve, I'll say that for him.

Jerry
Sensio
View Profile
Special user
I promise I won't exceed
641 Posts

Profile of Sensio
@jerdunn: DESIRE is a system combining parts, bits and pieces (that cost much).
I personally was the first to deliver this type of solution to the mentalism community. Maybe you like this, maybe not BUT this is the truth. And you will never obviously accept that DESIRE is the real thing, it is actually THE REVOLUTIONARY way to do 2-way communications in performances.

I don't care if I sell 1, 10 or 0,5! I care about knowing that every single person using DESIRE already feels and will feel that revolutionary idea AND application being offered to him/her at a price never thought of for these type of systems.

And I will not get a list of prices here of what products (some of them aren't at all that FRESH, BRAND NEW and REVOLUTIONARY) actually cost to produce COMPARED TO WHAT THEY ARE CHARGED. And I can assure you I know very well the costs of almost all electronics offered to the mentalism community.

Wishing the best of luck,

Rgds
Sensio
Sensio
View Profile
Special user
I promise I won't exceed
641 Posts

Profile of Sensio
Quote:
On 2010-04-23 16:16, jerdunn wrote:
Actually, the system on ebay has a mic for your phone, so it does do two-way communication. The other person can talk to you just as if you are on a phone call with them; they would be on their phone.

Jerry

Don't get in this discussion Jerry, I have burned a lot of time and money until coming up with the right combination. There was some considerable R&D involved here, don't underestimate this. Also, real pro's hate using mobile phones because signal at studios as well as other areas of public performance is so poor that the whole 2-way communication becomes zero-way.

I wouldn't be that opinionated on things that your are far more knowledgeable (as you do with your book). If you feel you can recreate DESIRE, then do it. I will just be so happy that at least I was the first to introduce this. And you know what? DESIRE is real magic, oh yes!

Rgds
Sensio
jerdunn
View Profile
Inner circle
1735 Posts

Profile of jerdunn
Sensio,

I agree that you offer Desire "at a price never thought of for these type of systems."

No kidding! At $1,068, it is priced at $1,023 more than the similar $45 system on Ebay. To put it another way, your price is 23 times higher . . .

Now that Café members have this information, I'm sure they will form opinions about you and your products.

Jerry
Sensio
View Profile
Special user
I promise I won't exceed
641 Posts

Profile of Sensio
Quote:
On 2010-04-23 16:37, jerdunn wrote:
Sensio,

I agree that you offer Desire "at a price never thought of for these type of systems."

No kidding! At $1,068, it is priced at $1,023 more than the similar $45 system on Ebay. To put it another way, your price is 23 times higher . . .

Now that Café members have this information, I'm sure they will form opinions about you and your products.

Jerry

You don't seem to understand my point at all. I am really sorry I get this war although other SOLUTIONS for mentalists offering two-way communication with bulky earpieces are priced much more. You very unfairly IMHO judge the whole project; you don't take into account the R&D costs; you don't accept the revolutionary solution offered first time to the mentalism community; you also don't say a good word about the secrecy we keep behind the solution (that similar SOLUTIONS for mentalists currently don't do); you actually don't have a single good word about this project.

I don't care if I have nerves or not; I care that if you were having DESIRE in your hands you wouldn't IMHO miss the chance but appreciate my creativity, time and effort coming up with this real solution.

Best regards,
Sensio
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
Jerry, thanks for the information!
Magic is a vanishing art.
Sensio
View Profile
Special user
I promise I won't exceed
641 Posts

Profile of Sensio
And for the sake of:

You post (Posted: Apr 7, 2010 4:36pm, Latest and Greatest? » » FEELINGS - Mentalism Electronics at attractive pricing):

"Cheers,
Jerry

P.S. I'm not on Craig's payroll . . . just a longtime fan and occasional proofreader of his instruction sheets."

I hope this isn't related to your efforts on this thread.
Amiable
View Profile
Regular user
153 Posts

Profile of Amiable
Thank you Jerry.
jerdunn
View Profile
Inner circle
1735 Posts

Profile of jerdunn
Sensio,

As I said in the other thread you quoted, I’m a fan of Craig Filicetti. I respect his originality and integrity.

That’s why it ticked me off that your product, Feelings, "borrowed" features that Craig Filicetti originated when he created Proximity.

I offered to proofread his instructions so they'd be as polished as his products. That’s all there is to it.

In promoting Feelings here on the Café, you were pleased to present yourself as the low cost alternative to Proximity – to which your product bears a suspiciously striking resemblance -- and said you were simply offering a similar product at a lower price point.

Now that you're promoting Desire, you can’t really disparage the low cost alternative being offered on Ebay -- a product with striking similarities to yours but 20 times cheaper.

I believe you'll put up any verbal smokescreen you can think of, trying to disguise what you're doing. Again, your potential customers will decide what they think of you and your products . . .

Jerry
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On 2010-04-23 16:16, jerdunn wrote:

Jerry

Going by the eBay add:

Sorry, the eBay system doses not provide a mike for your cell phone. You need to provide your own hands free wired (microphone & earphone) set. Then you need to do some tinkering (cutting & joining) with those wires.

The eBay system uses a typical loop transmitter to generate a signal strong enough for those tiny [wireless & powerless (No batteries)] ear units to pickup the voice signal. This transmitter is powered by 2 X 9Volt batteries in parallel. Nowhere has it been mentioned as to how long those 9 Volt batteries are going to last. Use of 2 X 9Volt batteries in PARALLEL itself suggests that the loop transmitter is a power (current) hog.

You might like to give the eBay device a try & see it for yourself. I would NOT recommend the eBay device.

Note: The same device is available for $34.99 by the same seller.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Secret-GSM-SPY-Earph......dd5#shId

Instead, if you prefer using cell (mobile) phones as your main two way communication system, then I would recommend giving the Invisible Wireless Mini Spy Earpiece a try. The wireless ear piece is quite tiny and can be reasonably well hidden in the ear. The ear piece needs a tiny battery to operate.

Quote:
On 2010-04-23 16:27, Sensio wrote:

Also,

* real pro's hate using mobile phones because signal at studios as well as other areas of public performance is so poor that the whole 2-way communication becomes zero-way.

I wouldn't be that opinionated on things that your are far more knowledgeable (as you do with your book).

* If you feel you can recreate DESIRE, then do it.

I will just be so happy that at least I was the first to introduce this. And you know what? DESIRE is real magic, oh yes!

Rgds
Sensio

I agree with Sensio regarding the non use of cell (mobile) phones in theaters/ studios.

By eliminating the cell phones as a two way communication system, I feel that Sensio might have designed a dedicated two way transceivers so as to help reliably operate in any environment within its given range; while using & making compatible use of readily available wireless ear piece.

However I will NOT advocate dropping a tiny metal piece (ear piece) deep inside the ear.

Just my opinion!

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » DESIRE: Brand new, for a select few (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL