The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » NFW, 4 joker count (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
DATMagic
View Profile
Veteran user
Shreveport, La
304 Posts

Profile of DATMagic
Guys I just got NFW and can't figure out the instructions on how to show 4 jokers. Anyone know of a video or what the count is named so I can try to find it in a book.
David A Trombetta

DAT does the Trick
DATdoestheTrick.com

Smile
email [email]DATMagic@aol.com[/email]
ejohn
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta
610 Posts

Profile of ejohn
Suggest substituting the Flustration count, showing four face-down Jokers. Then, as you patter about how there are different ways to turn cards over, you can position the cards so that you can then show all four turning over one by one, followed by the change into Aces. If you need more help, PM me. (I'll be away this weekend.) John
TonyPorter
View Profile
Regular user
180 Posts

Profile of TonyPorter
Hamman count.
jimmyj
View Profile
Veteran user
343 Posts

Profile of jimmyj
Hello,
Follow the link below. I use the suggestions put forth by prawn-head, about a handling of Mark Farrars, with the extra Joker.
Thought I'd mention it.
Jim

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......&forum=2
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
Greenwich (CT)
6799 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
I ran a Thread on card counts with a different handling and free video support

You should be able to find a solution to your problem there
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......m=37&112

From your question I would say that the best count for you is a very simple one with an impressive name: Daryl's Mexican Turnover Top Change Second Deal (you can see it either in his Three Card Monte DVD or in his Encyclopedia of Card Sleights)

Another one would be Vallarino's Rumba count (a bit flashy to my taste, but it does the job)
Magic is the art of proving impossible things in parallel dimensions that can't be reached
goochelloog
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of goochelloog
Ma by the Xerox count by Eddy Taytelbaum ?

I will put it on youtube if you like
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Quote:
On 2010-04-24 18:19, goochelloog wrote:

PLEASE tell me you are NOT going to EXPOSE a move??????? The OP has been given PLENTY of options to research, and IMHO, offering to expose a move on YouTube is rather unethical. It is NOT "your" move to expose.

Ahimsa,
Vlad
DATMagic
View Profile
Veteran user
Shreveport, La
304 Posts

Profile of DATMagic
Goochellog,

Although I would love to be able to see a detailed video of the correct finger placement and mechanics of the count, I fully agree with Vlad about keeping with the principals of the Café for not revealing our secrets. But sincere thanks for your effort to help.

David
David A Trombetta

DAT does the Trick
DATdoestheTrick.com

Smile
DATMagic
View Profile
Veteran user
Shreveport, La
304 Posts

Profile of DATMagic
Thanks for everyone's help. After reviewing a few of Bro. Hamman's tapes, reading the instructions several more times, and developing a timing- my NFW routine is well on it's way to render the response that bears the tricks name.
David
David A Trombetta

DAT does the Trick
DATdoestheTrick.com

Smile
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
Greenwich (CT)
6799 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
Quote:
On 2010-04-24 19:09, Vlad_77 wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-04-24 18:19, goochelloog wrote:

PLEASE tell me you are NOT going to EXPOSE a move??????? The OP has been given PLENTY of options to research, and IMHO, offering to expose a move on YouTube is rather unethical. It is NOT "your" move to expose.

Ahimsa,
Vlad

You can however put it on "Vimeo" with an access code and release that code in the Secret Sessions. I agree however that putting Eddy Taytelbaum's count (which requires a table) on Youtube is criminal.
Magic is the art of proving impossible things in parallel dimensions that can't be reached
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10628 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
My personal favorite is Lenart Green's Sweed count. you canuse the spectators hands instead of a table
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
MueCard
View Profile
Inner circle
2514 Posts

Profile of MueCard
Has anybody thought of showing four regular Jokers out of the deck and exchange them to the NFW set?
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
16967 Posts

Profile of joseph
I think the Orion count can also be used here...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Russell Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Hampshire, England
1099 Posts

Profile of Russell Davidson
I wonder how many of you suggesting these counts own NFW? Owners will know that because of a certain something these counts are not as effective as you might think.
The best solution which has been suggested before is to add an extra joker to start with. This allows you a more convincing count & you can give the extra joker out to the spec so they can turn it over in their hand & sort of 'join in' with the effect.
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2501 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
It's interesting to me how much time is spent on the opening count to NFW. I used to execute a nifty count to make it work but now I use the opportunity to create a genuinely funny moment for the spectator. If you can make them laugh at the beginning of an effect or routine they will relax and enjoy the magic even more.

What I do is simply tell them "I have 4 jokers face up in my hand and I will now, magically, (wave hand over packet) make one of them turn over." Then do an EC to show one card is turned over and make a big fuss about how it actually turned over. It's as much HOW it is said but has never failed to generate a laugh, since the obvious conclusion is that the card was turned over to begin with. After showing the second card turn over is where the amazement begins.

I would encourage everyone to try this handling a few times to see how it plays. The reactions I get are much stronger now than they used to be, if for no other reason than getting a nice laugh in the beginning. This has a number of benefits: puts them at ease, increases your likeability to the spectator, gets them to pay closer attention what you're doing, etc.
Steven Keyl - The Human Whisperer!

Come visit Magic Book Report.com!

"If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." --Mark Twain
723sabre
View Profile
Loyal user
260 Posts

Profile of 723sabre
Steven,
Nice touch. Sometimes simple and straightforward is better.
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3027 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
I agree with Steven on this. Less fuss and it becomes more magical when they actually "see" the next Joker turn over.
3 can keep a secret if 2 are dead
echomagic
View Profile
Veteran user
344 Posts

Profile of echomagic
I do it as follows. Hold the cards in right hand bid... grip, with the cards in the starting position. Then, with a break between the top 2 cards and keeping very small breaks as you go- 1,4, 1,4 to show 4 face up cards. As was noted above, some of the other counts don't work very easily because of the condition of the cards.

I know the explanation is vague but you should be able to figure out the handling.
david12345
View Profile
Special user
704 Posts

Profile of david12345
Magic Makers Ultimate Aces has a NFW routine. Using a biddle grip to count.
martyjacobs
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1052 Posts

Profile of martyjacobs
Well, you have three options:
  • Don't do an initial count;
  • Add a card and perform an EC or JC;
  • Perform a four-card false count. My suggestion would be the Daryl/Hamman Two-For-Four count (DM Count).
So long as your presentation is engaging all these approaches will work. The benefit of using an extra card is that you can give an audience member something to do. No matter how trivial, I find that this normally makes for better magic, as there is more interaction between you and your volunteer.

HTH,

Marty
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » NFW, 4 joker count (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.37 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL