The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » David Alexander's Ebony Wand (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24190 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
David Alexander has recently started offering an ebony wand. Due to price fluctuations in the cost of ebony, I won't post the price here. However, this is my analysis of the wand.

It is fourteen inches long, one half inch in diameter. It is a plain ebony stick -- no white or metal tips. However, this is not a bad thing. In fact, if you use your wand for ring off, ring on routines, tips can get in the way.

The quality of the wood is excellent. Ebony of this grade is very difficult to obtain, because it is usually snapped up by luthiers and piano makers, for use in their highest grade instruments. And each of these wands must be turned by hand, because ebony dowels are not available at all.

There is just the slightest hint of grain in the wood. Most people are not aware that ebony does have a grain that is very difficult to see. Usually, luthiers and piano makers conceal this by using ebony dye. This has not been done to this wand. This gives you the chance to see that the wand has no knots or other flaws in it.

It is a very fine wand. I am happy to add this one to my collection. In fact, I will probably use it from time to time.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2338 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
David had the wands made by a master wood craftsman and they go for $195. He only had 9 left as of March 19.
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
http://www.facebook.com/Doug.Lippert
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24190 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
I think you should let David respond with the current price. I am reasonably certain that your information is out of date.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
David Alexander
View Profile
Special user
623 Posts

Profile of David Alexander
Thanks for the kind words, Bill.

Given the state of the economy I decided to drop my price to $125 + $5 for shipping in the US. For those outside the US we can determine shipping when I receive your order. I refunded the difference to those who bought early as it was only fair.

You can reach me at alexander0220@comcast.net and use that address for PayPal. I have a few left and when they're gone I don't think I'll be doing any more any time soon.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » David Alexander's Ebony Wand (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL