The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Card Manipulation Stage production (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Phil Lawson
View Profile
New user
47 Posts

Profile of Phil Lawson
Just wondering has anyone got any further tips for the preperation of card?? for stage manipulation. I am comfortable with about 2/3 of the deck for multiple fan productions. I mainly use on a table with a top hat, it builds very nicely. I like to do the production just when they think it`s over another fan from nowhere! I have seen Jeff McBride vol. I also discovered quite by accident that when you leave a deck of card in a steamy room (steady!) they become very easy to work with but the edges tend to go a little do eared after a while Smile
Chris Becker
View Profile
Veteran user
New York, NY
371 Posts

Profile of Chris Becker
There's no general rule as to how prepare the cards. In my (future...) act, I use two different brands (Bee, Piatnik), two different sizes (Poker, Jumbo) and three different styles (all three layers, two layers and front layer only).

Split 'n powder,

Chris
- - -
<BR>Cards don't cheat people. People cheat people.
Geoff Weber
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington DC
1384 Posts

Profile of Geoff Weber
I just carry cards in pocket, usually 12 at a time, at all times and practice with them incessantly. This breaks them in very well.
magic4U2C
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of magic4U2C
I tend to use Bicycle brand cards as they match the jumbo cards I use in my act. That way I can safely show fronts and backs without having to worry about exposing anything.

I like to work in the cards by using the table edge method. In this method, you are using a table edge to ware down the wax coating on both sides of the cards.

Simply enough, you place each card on a table edge and pull downward on the card. This is done 3 times in both directions. Then it is also done to the backs of the cards as well. You do this for every card in the deck.

After doing so, you can place the cards together and move them in your hands to further work them in.

Then, straighten out all the cards and place them between two hevy books for a few hours. This will straighten the cards back out for you. You can also use a card clamp if you prefer.

I have found that this really makes the cards much more fluid and easier to control. It also takes the spring out of the cards making it easier for backpalming.

I hope this helps.
Kyle Peron
Magician / Graphic Designer
E-mail: Magic4u02@aol.com
CardConjurer
View Profile
Loyal user
South Florida
202 Posts

Profile of CardConjurer
On The Art Of Card Manipulation vol 2 he explains how to best prepare the cards for manipulation
I like cards.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Card Manipulation Stage production (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL