The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Any reviews on Cartel Coins? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

kcquinn50
View Profile
Loyal user
230 Posts

Profile of kcquinn50
I only found one thread on the Café for Cartel Coins, and am wondering why. I know they are expensive but the videos I've seen look promising. Does anyone have this set? If so, could you reply with a review? Thanks.
Kelvin
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3009 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
It's kind of bizarre, isn't it? These have been on the market for awhile now. It's too much of an investment to make without some reviews. Anyone?
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
I have them. It is difficult to review them without exposing too much, which may be part of the reason why they aren't reviewed a lot here.

These work in a different way than any gaffed coins I've ever seen. They are very easy to use and have a myriad of applications. No shells are involved and yet you can, almost instantly, have two C/S coins or one copper and one silver that you can show on both sides. This allows for some particularly clean and amazing C/S routines.

Recommended.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
3009 Posts

Thanks for the info Scott - that's good to know.
MikeTheKid
View Profile
Veteran user
vancouver
329 Posts

Profile of MikeTheKid
Can it be check?

Kid
---------------------------------------------

Magic is a performing art that entertains an audience by creating illusions of seemingly impossible....

www.mikeliumagic.com
Coin Nut
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of Coin Nut
I am also interested in this set after watching the videos, are we talking split coins ?
Does anyone know where I can see more information before I buy?
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
I suggest that you send an email to the creator. I think he would probably be happy to help.

Jim
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
3009 Posts

Quote:
On 2010-05-13 11:52, MikeTheKid wrote:
Can it be check?

Kid

Checks don't work for coin tricks. Cash only.
magicalwishes
View Profile
Regular user
Hickory, NC
143 Posts

Profile of magicalwishes
Quote:
On 2010-05-15 01:24, MaxfieldsMagic wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-05-13 11:52, MikeTheKid wrote:
Can it be check?

Kid

Checks don't work for coin tricks. Cash only.

HA! Give the kid a break you know what he meant. Smile

CC has given a method to give the coins out that is pretty solid. Before and After

(what the eyes do)+(it's after tee)+(not fake)+(before afterwhile) =
TC Ryder
View Profile
Elite user
Florida
494 Posts

Profile of TC Ryder
I had a set of these and played for them a while and then sold them only because I got a set of Walker coins that did the same thing. Chastain has some pretty interesting moves on the DVD. The set up to get the coins into Copper/Silver mode is pretty strait forward. He does a thing where he has a copper coin in 1 hand and silver in the other and pitches them across between hands and they stay the same which is a pretty cool move but takes some time to get down. He has nice coins across move the is pretty cool. This set has allot of possibilities and I do think it is worth buying if you can afford it. Resale value is not that good. Retail price is $175. Used I see them sell here for around $100 to $115.

Hope that helps.

TC
www.realcoinmagic.com

"Real Coins for Real Magicians"
magicalwishes
View Profile
Regular user
Hickory, NC
143 Posts

Profile of magicalwishes
I like the durability, wear and tear is minimal

SYRS
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4305 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
I jsut got Cartel Coins. You are suppplied with a gaffed half dollar and a gaffed copper coin as well as matching, ungaffed coins. Also supplied is a small coin purse to carry the coins in. The accompanying dvd is well made and clear. You are provided with several terrific routines that flow from one to the next or you can just do the effects individually. The gaffed coins are extremely well made. The routines are not self-working. You will have to practice to make the actions smooth but they are not difficult and would be in the range of any hobbyist and professional alike. Highly recommended.

Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
kcquinn50
View Profile
Loyal user
230 Posts

Profile of kcquinn50
Michael,
Thanks for the review. Where did you purchase your set?
Kelvin
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4305 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
MJMmagic.com You can sign up for a 10% lifetime discount. I also sent you a PM.

Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
JOurneyjoe
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of JOurneyjoe
How does the "Explosion Routine" look that is advertised as a possible use of the coins?
JOurneyjoe
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of JOurneyjoe
How does the "Explosion" Routine look that is adverstised as a possible use of the coins?
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Quote:
On 2013-03-21 12:49, JOurneyjoe wrote:
How does the "Explosion" Routine look that is adverstised as a possible use of the coins?

Well, you can't do that with a set of Cartel Coins. It would take quite a few sets. The most you can do with a set is to double the number of coins, so as the Cartel set comes with two, you would explode to four; six if you use two normal coins.

Jim
bwarren3
View Profile
Special user
518 Posts

Profile of bwarren3
Hey Kelvin,
I have Cartel coins but also have Phlye which I think is a lot better coin effect, this effect just plain kills. I have Phlye in Half dollar and also in the chinese coin set, both are just beautiful, it's what real magic should look like.
I just ordered today the Phlye in Morgans....ouch that was really expensive but as soon as they get here I will sell the half dollar set and can't decide whether to keep the chinese coin version or sell that one also...
I know I'll probably be selling my Cartel coin set..
Bill
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Any reviews on Cartel Coins? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL