The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » So Dark (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
AltonThrash
View Profile
Special user
Meridian, MS
589 Posts

Profile of AltonThrash
Yeah I sprung for So Dark before purchasing Luna 1936 and the Luna Key box. So Dark helped me wittle it all down and make my choice easy.......outstanding pieces for sure. The Key Box was an essential piece for me to keep the book in.

Alton
Dreadnought
View Profile
Special user
Athens, Georgia
836 Posts

Profile of Dreadnought
I have Luna 36 and ordered Luna 34. Luna 36 is my favorite book test after receiving it and studying through it, I promptly retired the MOAB. I have purchased So Dark and it has spawned new ideas. I purchased 34 because I am starting to have repeat customers at my shows and I need a bit of variety in the act. I haven't received Luna 34 yet but when it arrives I will be immediately employing it after making the necessary add-ons as recommended by So Dark.

I haven't purchased the Key Box as I really do not think I need it, but I have purchased the Departed and I use it in conjunction with Luna and the creep factor is now off the chart.

(I Pause to sip a glass of water, and look up and over the spectators right shoulder)

Spectator: What are you looking at?

Me: I am sensing a presence here, stronger than before. Is there someone here?

(The musket ball rocks... the bell chimes).

Me: I am smelling roses, freshly tilled soil, it is summer....

Peace and Godspeed.
Peace

"Ave Maria gratia plena Dominus tecum..."

Scott

Would you do anything for the person you love?
Oyama
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR.
1054 Posts

Profile of Oyama
Nice! I may go for the Carnie Tarot next.
"it's better to live one day as a lion, than a thousand years as a lamb."
justcookin
View Profile
Regular user
122 Posts

Profile of justcookin
I've just read So Dark for the second time and it is an unbelievable study of the Luna universe. It made me a proud owner, as well as a believer.
VernonOnCoins
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1979 Posts

Profile of VernonOnCoins
Do you need to own all three Luna's to get the most out of So Dark? I only own 1935 collectors edition
PROF BC
View Profile
Inner circle
1445 Posts

Profile of PROF BC
You do not need to own all three of the Lunas. So Dark is written with aid for each individual version but also how to use each in connection with the others whether you own 2 or 3.
Phasmologist
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
Senseless gibberish that amounts to
2621 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
I own all three, but I only use one at a time. That's just me.
"I've always been mental, I'm sure of it" Boris Pocus Smile

"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny". . .Bruce Springsteen
revenantproductions
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of revenantproductions
Hello Again,

As we are doing a L*N@ show we felt compelled to throw up a huge thank you to Prof BC for So Dark. The material is excellent and very well laid out. It gives the novice performer a solid path to follow and for the experienced, it defines the presentation style that really makes L*N@ sing.

The text contains well thought out routines, but beyond that it serves as an incredible inspiration for original material. There really is no end to the stories that L*N@ can tell and we thank the Professor for his effort in providing a solid manual and guide into the dark world of CHMH.

Best,
RP
PROF BC
View Profile
Inner circle
1445 Posts

Profile of PROF BC
RP:
I am delighted it has been of assistance to you. The very best of everything with your production of the LVN@ world. CHMH appears to be in very good hands indeed.

Keep up the good work and do keep posting your successes with LVN@--many of us are cheering you on.

BC
Phasmologist
MagiChrisMitch
View Profile
Special user
702 Posts

Profile of MagiChrisMitch
I do not see how I overlooked this. Since I have invested a lot in L*n@, Key B, and Pear*@ Ga&s, this is a no brainer. Especially since I need direction with proper presentation direction. Just made the order!
xtrouble
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of xtrouble
It is a wonderful inspiring work.
Andre Hagen
View Profile
Inner circle
1432 Posts

Profile of Andre Hagen
Quote:
On 2012-07-01 11:27, MagiChrisMitch wrote:
I do not see how I overlooked this. Since I have invested a lot in L*n@, Key B, and Pear*@ Ga&s, this is a no brainer. Especially since I need direction with proper presentation direction. Just made the order!

Don't feel alone MagiChrisMitch. This flew by me too, so I'm grateful this thread was revived!

Andre
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein
MrWall
View Profile
New user
Wished he had more than
99 Posts

Profile of MrWall
Great book. Recently purchaced along with the Luna Trilogy.
But just to let you know I think I have found a slight error in Appendix B - The Cross linkages between books page.

Unless it is just mine, or I am misreading it completely, in the Wild Cards column for 1934 and 1935, the month and year of admittance appear to be transposed for each.
It says that KS/SK was admitted Aug/Sept ~1930 and RJ/JR was admitted Oct/Nov 1920
I believe these are the wrong way around.
Please double check your manual against your books and amend your manual if necessary (I'm sure those of you who use it may have spotted this already however).

Rick, if you want to double check this against the master document, and if you find this is indeed the wrong way round you may want to fix it for future send outs. I'm not complaining, just giving you a heads up of what I found. Smile

Cheers.
Bryn.
MrWall
View Profile
New user
Wished he had more than
99 Posts

Profile of MrWall
Regarding the So Dark performances where multiple books are in play, be careful. There is the same guy in room 512 in two of the Luna books 1934 & 1936.
Sure one of their first names starts with an E and the others Surname starts with Wil, but unfortunately they both do because it is the same name, profile and everything in both books.. That could spoil a performance a bit. I was testing a few routines from So Dark with a 'helper' when I came across this.

I'm going to go through and check every profile tonight to see if this is isolated and will report back.. If anyone is interested? Smile

Cheers.
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1606 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
I pulled out my key box with my 3 years & took a peek - you are correct, however look at the years of admittance, is sequenced '15 for 34 & '16 in 36, so you could say that he was removed from just that room in late 34/35 & re admitted back in '16 - 36 in same room for whatever reason you make up - perhaps was released accidentally or escaped from hospital, found & re admitted. Perhaps the patient in 35 was moved in 36 when wil was put back in 512 because he had a mental disorder & for some reason of his own was better behaved in 512.......

As for any other info that you will find questionable, I use the best reasoning to explain my way out if needed - this was a place that most were never expected to leave, patient care was not up top pare so as were not the records within these books......ages transposed, etc was due to records just not cared if were perfect & correct or perhaps someone in records found a past mistake recorded & corrected / properly updated info - they really just didn't care if they had too.....( I also use this though line with my WH books )

The 1930+ as for these type of institutions & atrocities that came to view later can help you out of sticky situations as to why things you will find down the road working with the 3 books. Would love to hear anything more you have, but seeing as you don't have 50 post yet to be able to run this in the crypt to help keep it from Google eyes, probably best to jump to Outlaw's forum & post idea's there & let us know here to pop on over to it there Smile

Besides OE L*na forum can always use new blood / posts Smile
MrWall
View Profile
New user
Wished he had more than
99 Posts

Profile of MrWall
Hi Merlin. Yes I'm hoping to get to 50 soon so I can go 'downstairs' so to speak.
I have posted some bits about it in the OE Forum, but it seems pretty dead in there. I was hoping for a hive of activity, but it looks seldom used these days. In fact I expected more posts in there from the early days of L*na.

I get the record keeping can be 'blamed' for the various discrepancies of ages and the like, but if you were doing a multi book routine and hit that room, it would jar with the specs that you were describing the same person, but using different names. If you were really seeng him, you would say 'hey, wait a minute, this is the same guy you are both looking at'.
I also find it strange that there are the same entries on the f*rce pages, or ones with just a first name that is different, but the same surname and everything else.
I'll work through the book and see what else I come up with and hopefuly think of some ways to work around it.
Perhaps a manual part deux if you will.? Smile

Bryn.
Mind Guerrilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, NY
2670 Posts

Profile of Mind Guerrilla
I believe I've spotted another error. In Appendix A, "So Dark" says that the '36 girl is always beside the sadistic man(who links to '34 man). This isn't true. I've found instances (rooms 241 and 245, for example) where the girl isn't beside any force character.

So if the '36 girl is in play, an attempt to make a link to '34 via the '36 sadistic man may bomb out.
PROF BC
View Profile
Inner circle
1445 Posts

Profile of PROF BC
Guys:
In many (I actually believe most if not all) of these cases, you have to read the earlier parts of the manual (So Dark) and make changes in your Luna books that I list there in order to make that back matter in So Dark work as it suggests.

If you just look at the appendices and compare them to the raw books, they won't match exactly. Read the whole manual and make all the changes suggested therein, and then the trilogy will work together.

When I edited the Luna trilogy, I discovered that the books themselves required 'sweetening' (especially 1936) that needs doing before the three books could work together. That is, in part, the point of the performance manual coming into existence in the first place.

Prof BC
Phasmologist
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5090 Posts

Profile of Roth
Quote:
On 2013-09-04 16:11, Mind Guerrilla wrote:
I believe I've spotted another error. In Appendix A, "So Dark" says that the '36 girl is always beside the sadistic man(who links to '34 man). This isn't true. I've found instances (rooms 241 and 245, for example) where the girl isn't beside any force character.

So if the '36 girl is in play, an attempt to make a link to '34 via the '36 sadistic man may bomb out.

In the 1936 manual it states the Young girl is always next to the sadistic man entry. She is the out for the male resident. The male IS NOT always next to the young girl. Smile
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
PROF BC
View Profile
Inner circle
1445 Posts

Profile of PROF BC
Quote:
On 2013-09-04 17:16, Roth wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-09-04 16:11, Mind Guerrilla wrote:

In the 1936 manual it states the Young girl is always next to the sadistic man entry. She is the out for the male resident. The male IS NOT always next to the young girl. Smile

This is exactly it, yes. And (with a little sweetening) you can make these work both ways. That's one of the things that So Dark teaches you to do.

BC
Phasmologist
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » So Dark (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL