The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Cody Fisher's Comedy Confabulation Routine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3..12~13~14 [Next]
Cody S. Fisher
View Profile
V.I.P.
Austin, Texas
1194 Posts

Profile of Cody S. Fisher
If anyone is looking for a fun confabulation type routine, here is my version of the 'real time prediction' plot...Enjoy...

http://www.codyfisher.com/store/item/cod......bulation

Cody S. Fisher
To Sign Up For My Members Only FREE Monthly Videos Visit: www.CodyFisher.com/store

Cody's Comedy Confabulation / Silk-2-Egg / Killer Prediction / Tossed Out Deck / Comedy Book Test / Las Vegas Aces / Three Ropes & 1000 Laughs
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
I got a chance to read this. Very, very commercial. Lots of built in humor. And makes it a breeze to do the final prediction.

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
All I can say are three things:

1. I have this and it's GREAT. I have never done a confab cause it just never held my interest. Sure it's mysterious and all but not enough entertainment value for me. This one is it!
2. It's simple, the "moves" are built in. It's fun and funny, also built in and it packs pretty flat and plays BIG!
3. If you get Comedy Confabulation, Paul Brook's Juxtapose and of course my AMAZING and COMMERCIAL Chair test you would have one heckofa entertaining 30 minute show.

My words.

J
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5406 Posts

Profile of Lord Of The Horses
Quote:
On 2010-04-27 18:45, Greg Arce wrote:
I got a chance to read this. Very, very commercial. Lots of built in humor. And makes it a breeze to do the final prediction.

Greg

Greg took the words out of the horse's mouth! Smile

If you want a technically easy and commercial presentation for this plot, then get CCC (Cody's Comedy Confabulation).
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
DJG
View Profile
Inner circle
1296 Posts

Profile of DJG
After wearing Cody down*, I was able to get a copy and I have to say C3 ROCKS! It's just as entertaining as it is fun to perform! Every prediction lends to the next, giving the routine a logical and comedic flow. I don't think you'll be disappointed...

(* You too can wear Cody down for a mere pittance of $30 at http://www.codyfisher.com/store/item/cod......bulation )
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
I don't think Cody could produce a bad effect....
Cody S. Fisher
View Profile
V.I.P.
Austin, Texas
1194 Posts

Produce a bad effect...SURE I CAN! ;-)

But I don't think this is one of them! I am really very happy to share this routine. It is part of my current stand up show and I can't imagine doing a show with out it. The e-book is about 14 pages and it is as complete as I could make it...from staging...to practice...to alternate endings...Heck I even give you the actual music I use if you want to spice it up a bit. I really LOVE this routine...

Anyway I appreciate the reviews "so far". ;-)

Thanks guys,
Cody S. Fisher
To Sign Up For My Members Only FREE Monthly Videos Visit: www.CodyFisher.com/store

Cody's Comedy Confabulation / Silk-2-Egg / Killer Prediction / Tossed Out Deck / Comedy Book Test / Las Vegas Aces / Three Ropes & 1000 Laughs
AmazingKeithy
View Profile
New user
Round Rock, Texas
99 Posts

Profile of AmazingKeithy
I'm not a funny guy (just ask my wife or daughter).

Can't tell a joke to save my life (people just stare at me in awkward bewilderment).

And yet....

Somehow...

When I do one of Cody's routines, injecting as little of my real personality as possible...

People in the audience look at each other, then at me, then back at each other, nodding in approval...

I hear people laughing at me (not like in first grade..., but in a good way).

People applaud spontaneously (in spite of my silly looking applause queue revealing the effects of flop sweats).

They are entertained and amazed.

Best of all --- they have stopped asking me for refunds...

Get this!

Yours in Magic,

Keith Mitchell
DJG
View Profile
Inner circle
1296 Posts

Profile of DJG
Yes! I forgot about the music advice. Well thought out, and I can't think of a more perfect match!

If you don't use music you could easily hum or even belt out a tune or two mentioned for even more comedy!
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
The Add states:

Quote:

* If you are looking for a real time prediction that is fun, entertaining, and enguages the audience, then look no further!

* A GREAT routine for comedy magicians looking for an impossible prediction or for more serious mentalists looking to add some comedy to their show without sacrificing an impossible effect!

* You are not merely buying a 'trick' or an 'idea' but rather a complete routine with all the kinks worked out. Cody even tips the music he uses in order to make this routine play in the biggest of theatres.

Quote:
On 2010-04-27 22:41, Cody S. Fisher wrote:

I even give you the actual music I use if you want to spice it up a bit.

Sounds really GREAT! Very rarely one comes across a COMEDY based Real Time Prediction plot.

As I understand (as per the Add), the real impact of the routine is primarily based on HUMOR along with synchronized patter & MUSIC, it would be nice if a complete unedited performance video is also made available to those who purchase the e-book. The performance video will help visualize & understand the real impact of the effect as performed by the creator. This is JUST a suggestion. Smile

Also, going by the Add, I see lot of possibility of making suitable changes to the suggested routine so as to suit ones own performance style.

This has got me interested.

Smile
P.S.
Quote:
On 2010-04-27 18:50, johncesta wrote:

* If you get Comedy Confabulation, Paul Brook's Juxtapose and of course my AMAZING and COMMERCIAL Chair test you would have one heckofa entertaining 30 minute show.

Yes, I tend to agree with John. Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Jason London
View Profile
Loyal user
Napa Valley
207 Posts

Profile of Jason London
Greetings,

Cody graciously sent me an advanced copy. I made up the effect right away. I don't add many new effects to my working set, but this was just to good to not add!

You will LIKE this! You will USE this!
Jason London

This space for rent
Stefan O.
View Profile
Special user
624 Posts

Profile of Stefan O.
Jason,

you got an advanced copy? So there are even more great ideas in your edition? (Just kidding, I guess it was just an advance copy...)

I paid my share, read through it and immediately fell in love with it. I will try this as a substitute to Alexander de Cova's "Mindwalk" routine, which is still the best confabulation routine in my opinion, that has ever hit the (German) market.

Best regards

Stefan
EXCLUSIVE MENTALISM PRODUCTS - Check out Stefan's original routines!

http://shop.stefanmagie.de
The Paranormalist
View Profile
Special user
United Kingdom
702 Posts

Profile of The Paranormalist
Hi Cody

I would like to order this but your checkout form doesn’t accommodate the United Kingdom.

Franklin
AllanK
View Profile
Loyal user
Australia
212 Posts

Profile of AllanK
OK, I've received three great routines in the past 24 hours: John Cesta's Amazing and Commercial Chair Test, Paul Brook's Juxtapose, and now Cody Fisher's Comedy Confabulation Routine. It's all a bit much, really! I must say that this routine really is a huge advancement in the Confabulation methodology. I have the Alan Shaxon original put out by Ken Brooke all those years ago, and there have been many variations over the years, Ron Wilson's being the best of these in my opinion. However, Cody's version eliminates EVERY weakness that I can think of! I've started working on it straight away.

Congratulations, Cody this is great!

Allan
The Paranormalist
View Profile
Special user
United Kingdom
702 Posts

Profile of The Paranormalist
Hi Cody
Ignore my previous mail, I by passed your check-out form and went direct through Pay-Pal.

I've also done a quick scan of it and it's brilliant.

Thanks

Franklin
Cody S. Fisher
View Profile
V.I.P.
Austin, Texas
1194 Posts

Glad to see that everyone is liking this!

Just to clarify something I read...the routine is not "synchronized patter and music" or at least it is not written that way. You do not have to use the music at all...the music I have been using (with special thanks to Michael Dustman) merely supports the routine and makes each segment funnier. The music is a great addition...but not necessary. Also, for non English speaking audiences...you would probalby want to use different a song selection based on your language. Finally the songs that I used to make this a real presenatation piece are only played 15-20 seconds each...but they really do add alot...

Also, I too love to see video demos...BUT with this it is simply not possible because a demo would 'give away' the idea behind the informaiton gathering (and why it doens't seem like you are even gathering informaiton!)...and that is what took me so long to develope. I have simply taken two separate ideas and combined them for use in confabulation and THAT is what makes this unique.

Thanks again,
Cody

Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3933 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
When trying to purchase this. I'm only offered the option of USA or Canada as a country. As this field can't be left blank, how do I buy this if I'm in Europe?
Has anyone outside of USA or Canada managed to order this?

Steve
AllanK
View Profile
Loyal user
Australia
212 Posts

Profile of AllanK
Steve, I'm in Australia and I purchased it. You need to login first, THEN click "add to cart". You then go straight to a page that lets you pay by PayPal, which requires no filling in of fields. Of course, you need to have a login with Cody and a login with PayPal. I hope that makes sense!

Allan
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3933 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
Thanks for the help Allan.

I'm a bit brain dead today

Steve
Sealegs
View Profile
Inner circle
The UK, Portsmouth
2597 Posts

Profile of Sealegs
Steveline wrote
Quote:
When trying to purchase this I'm only offered the option of USA or Canada as a country.

An example of the world as viewed from an American perspective possibly? Smile

Nah... probably just the way the shopping cart template is set up. Smile I have to add that so I don't get in trouble with my American wife. Smile

I'm very interested in this as I have purchased other products of Cody's in the past and have myself spent some time working on a getting a confabulation routine to the point where I felt I could include it in my show.

As I don't wear a jacket in my act I was wondering if, as is the case with most confabulation style effects, this routine requires one to be worn?

On my person I only have only have a small back pocket available. Just wondered if Cody's routine would fit with these clothing restrictions? or maybe the prediction can be/is located somewhere other than a wallet.

Cheers Neal
Neal Austin

"The golden rule is that there are no golden rules." G.B. Shaw
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Cody Fisher's Comedy Confabulation Routine (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3..12~13~14 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL