The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Rabbit (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

elimagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1606 Posts

Profile of elimagic
What breed of rabbit is most commonly used. Im not lookin for a huge rabbit, but I think if memory serves correctly their is a specific breeds that stays still when put into an enclosed space. can you guys help me out?
greatscott
View Profile
Special user
595 Posts

Profile of greatscott
Most all rabbits will stay still when you put them in an enclosed area. a couple good breeds would be a netherland dwarf, or a mini rex. I use both of those breeds. they both stay small enough for your props also.
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5711 Posts

Profile of Regan
I recommend Netherland Dwarfs. I have owned 7 or 8, and some will stay still, others will not. Rabbits have their own personality. I have a Himilayan Netherland Dwarf that has been my main bunny for 7 years that is the best I've ever woned. I don't think I will ever have another as good. He's getting old, so I am grooming another to replace him. The younger one is hyper, and I am having some trouble with him. He made his debut a few weeks back and he chewed a hole in one of my silks on his first performance! First time I've ever had that happen.

I bought my first Lionhead last weekend. I usually prefer bucks, but it is a doe. She is beautiful, but I really don't know too much about the breed. It's a newer breed, so I guess I am about to find out!

Good luck!

Regan
Mister Mystery
boppies2
View Profile
Elite user
Arizona
422 Posts

Profile of boppies2
I have not had much luck with Nederland Dwarfs. I have found that they are a little more aggressive. My Min Rex has become my main bunny, although I will use my Holland Lop from time to time.

Like most rabbits, they are fine in enclosed spaces. It may take them a little to get used to sitting quietly in a prop. I reward them with a little oatmeal (not instant). They seem to like that.

Max
MikeHMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1007 Posts

Profile of MikeHMagic
I LIke the Hotot, nice markings
Mike "Gus" Harvatt
"Bullwinkle that trick never works."
boppies2
View Profile
Elite user
Arizona
422 Posts

Profile of boppies2
MikeHMagic,

How have you found the Hotot to work with? They appear to be passive.

Max
MagicalDuda
View Profile
New user
Ontario, Canada
73 Posts

Profile of MagicalDuda
I just purchased a hotot bunny last week... he is only 9 weeks old... and full of energy!!
he is a great looking bunny, you can see a picture of him on my website.

I am hoping he will be as good as my mini rex, who has now retired! but time will tell!

how long do you guys think I should wait until I bring him into a show?
>>Magical Duda<<
www.magicalduda.com
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6018 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
I've had over the years:
- Flemish Giant
- Several Dwarfs breed (Purchased
- Two Hoto Rabbits (Given to me)
- Floppy Ear rabbit
- Standard Rabbit

Several of my dwarfs were nasty so I didn't use them. One was real nice (female). I no longer want dwarfs

I now have a Hoto Rabbit. One was nice, one was a little feisty. Both served me well and fit in all my many boxes. (One has died last year)

The Flemish giant pooped a lot, and difficult going through screen and required a lot of maintenance. I loved pulling him out of a hat and hearing the Woes and Wows. He didn't live more than 5 years. Supposingly they don't have a long life.

The Standard rabbit fit is some of the larger boxes but was fun to use and I used them for many years.

The floppy eared rabbit was nice and used him a few times. It was given to me and didn't live long so I guess it was an older rabbit. Several younger daycare kids insisted it was a dog because of the ears being floppy like a dog. No convincing them!

I started using the rabbit once they were fully grown. I always place the rabbit in a hat and then let the kids pet it. This way the nails and teeth are out of the way of the kids hands.

Choice of a rabbit is what do you want to do with it!
My Jozo Bozo change bag type hat is large enough to hide the rabbit. I pulls silks out of it then the rabbit!. Anyone can do this. No skill required. See: http://www.nikoloon.com/Slike-shop/change_it.jpg
Dennis Michael
Crispy
View Profile
Loyal user
Louisville, KY
207 Posts

Profile of Crispy
Polish Dwarf if you can find one.
elimagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1606 Posts

Profile of elimagic
Im looking to do just a simple rbabit from tophat. Every show at least one person asks me if I am going to pull a rabbit out of a hat and I usually just say," well I could do that if you want,, but it will cost extra" haha they always say, well mabe next time, lol. But ya ill probably also use a rabbit wringer box as well and then mabe a take apart vanish for a full little routine with a rabbit. Ill have to check my local pet stores and see what they carry.
DATMagic
View Profile
Veteran user
Shreveport, La
303 Posts

Profile of DATMagic
Where can one purcase the Jozo Bozo hat?
David A Trombetta

DAT does the Trick
DATdoestheTrick.com

Smile
email [email]DATMagic@aol.com[/email]
MikeHMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1007 Posts

Profile of MikeHMagic
I really like the Hotot, she is a good bunny to work with, likes to be petted by the kids. Best behaved female rabbit I've ever had.
Mike "Gus" Harvatt
"Bullwinkle that trick never works."
Red Neck Magician
View Profile
Loyal user
Down Yonder
241 Posts

Profile of Red Neck Magician
Thanks for all of the good advice on the different breeds of rabbits. I am looking at adding a rabbit to my kids show.
elimagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1606 Posts

Profile of elimagic
Yes thanks everyone for the information

ELi
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Rabbit (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL