The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Blank Night - a new Bank night method (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
archini
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
306 Posts

Profile of archini
Some kind words indeed.

Well the reviews are starting to come in from some people who have seen the PDF...

So in an attempt to further hype myself here's what some eminent people have said ...

"Absolutely wonderful. Great thinking." Banachek

"I’m frankly amazed that John has decided to release it, but who am I to argue? It’s a fantastic development that all magicians need to know about." Geoffrey Durham

"Lovely" Michael Weber

"It's a smart, ingenious method that works well in the real world." Ian Rowland

"First paragraph: 'magicians' shouldn't have an apostrophe." John Lovick

Cheers,

John.
Anansi
View Profile
Regular user
195 Posts

Profile of Anansi
Just received this.

Great fun and worth it just for the line about child care workers.
Not that you need the endorsement of an unknown when you have the heavyweights like Banachek et al; I love the fact that it's a holding form in which to 'drop' your own style into. Very clear diagrams of the handling and the construction.

Thanks for the rapid service and the best of luck to you.
ars est celare artem
FloKiel
View Profile
New user
Germany
94 Posts

Profile of FloKiel
This is indeed very good! I'm totally satisfied with my purchase.
John's method is both practical and effective.

Highly recommended!

Regards from Germany
Drewmcadam
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland
1233 Posts

Profile of Drewmcadam
I have to say, I am very surprised at John giving this away. Particularly as it is part of his existing programme of effects.

Now, I have had a problem with Bank Nite in the past. Because I often get repeat bookings for the same clients, Bank Nite can start to lose its credibility. One of my main clients has already worked out that there is a possibility that maybe – just maybe – the money isn’t actually in there in the first place. It’s a case of “Ah dunno how yaz dun it, but ah knows ya dun it!”

And so it has become a puzzle for him.

However, with John’s method the money is clearly extracted, unfolded, from the last envelope. And, if I was to be honest, unfolded bills / notes is the way you would really do it. John’s method is exactly how it would look.

Anyway, I had the opportunity to see John actually perform this the other evening. It was fabulous. Yes, his patter and humour and wit makes it roll along – not the way I would perform it (I’m not funny), but as a technical piece it is EXACTLY how it would look if you were doing it for real. There is absolutely no doubt in the mind of the audience that the wad of money was anywhere but in the last envelope. The possibility of any money not being in any of the envelopes will not even enter their mind.

If you are considering doing Bank Nite or if you already perform it, I would highly recommend this technique above all others. It’s not often you get a workable impressive improvement on one of the classics. In this case, John has managed it.

Bank Nite will never look the same!

(Oh, and if you get the chance to see John perform it, then grab it. You WILL laugh out loud, so prepare to have a wee tear roll down your leg.)

Drew
Colin
View Profile
Inner circle
London/New York
1279 Posts

Profile of Colin
I watched John do this again the other night again. This time I knew what I was looking for!

... Still missed it Smile

It's a totally fooling method! You're gonna love it Smile

Col

P.s. Unless he is just doing it for real when I watch him... Hmmmm...
Epiphanies by C. - Now available - http://colincloud.com/colleagues/
Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

Profile of Anthony Jacquin
Sounds great.

There do not seem to be any 'buy buttons' on your page John, so please let me know where to email my PayPal payment.

Anthony
Anthony Jacquin

Reality is Plastic! The Art of Impromptu Hypnosis
Updated for 2016

Now on Kindle and Audible!
Chris K
View Profile
Inner circle
2309 Posts

Profile of Chris K
Hey guys,

Bryn brought to my attention how my post sounded. I told him via PM, and all of you now, that I didn't mean it to detract from his work at all. I really have nothing bad to say about his work, I am quite fond of it.

With that being said, let me try to be a bit clearer:

If you are simply looking for ONLY a Bank Night type approach, I'd personally recommend the Bob Cassidy work as opposed to The Safwan Papers. It's very, very, very, very similar (in my opinion, of course). The strength of The Safwan Papers, for me, is in the other effects. I'm sure this will read differently to others than I meant it so I will say it again:

I think The Safwan Papers are excellent. I just don't think the Bank Night version contained in it is where its strength lies.

Hmmm, reading that it still sounds like I'm down on Bryn or his release but I'm not. It's really, really good.

I got it: just ignore everything I said in this thread.

That's a good rule of thumb anyway.

Lem
mindhunter
View Profile
Inner circle
Upstate NY
2071 Posts

Profile of mindhunter
Quote:
On 2010-05-03 20:09, Lemniscate wrote:
Hey guys,

Bryn brought to my attention how my post sounded. I told him via PM, and all of you now, that I didn't mean it to detract from his work at all. I really have nothing bad to say about his work, I am quite fond of it.

With that being said, let me try to be a bit clearer:

If you are simply looking for ONLY a Bank Night type approach, I'd personally recommend the Bob Cassidy work as opposed to The Safwan Papers. It's very, very, very, very similar (in my opinion, of course). The strength of The Safwan Papers, for me, is in the other effects. I'm sure this will read differently to others than I meant it so I will say it again:

I think The Safwan Papers are excellent. I just don't think the Bank Night version contained in it is where its strength lies.

Hmmm, reading that it still sounds like I'm down on Bryn or his release but I'm not. It's really, really good.

I got it: just ignore everything I said in this thread.

That's a good rule of thumb anyway.

Lem

Hey, no wories, and I certainly appreciate the kind words regearding the book. THanks!
Bryn
"The Safwan Papers" eBook: $30
Please read the many great reviews here at the Cafe:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=253272&forum=15

"THE LOGAR SCROLLS" eBook is also now available ($30)
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=464100&forum=303&70

SPECIAL: "LOGAR" & "SAFWAN PAPERS" Combo Deal: $50

Thanks,
Bryn
cavscout19@hotmail.com (also my PayPal for purchases)
leondo
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas
758 Posts

Profile of leondo
So, with all due respect...is there a video of this masterpiece?
Ted L
archini
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
306 Posts

Profile of archini
Hi Anthony,

You need to click the link on the magician's page of my website to get to the download buy now buttons. Any problems just email me.

Sorry but no video of my masterpiece. ;-) Mainly because for quite a few reasons I don't want to put my routine out there. What this PDF covers is a new clean method where several banknotes can be removed freely and un-folded from the final envelope. Lots of people here will vouch that it is a clean practical and workable method at that.

Hope that helps,

John.
Mentalist Sam
View Profile
Regular user
173 Posts

Profile of Mentalist Sam
So many things here get over-hyped, especially download products from people we've never heard of or seen. John has a track record of delivering solid, commercial routines. This one is no exception.

There isn't a play on words in the description. Spectators can choose any envelopes and the one that you're left holding has the money. Want to know what it looks like? Get an envelope, put some money in it, go to a mirror, open the envelope and take out the money. It's that simple.

I'm glad that there isn't a word-for-word routine. John gets to protect his presentation and everyone gets a chance to discover their own routine. It's less than $25 US and most of us will get 10 minutes out of it. That's a bargain!
AllanK
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
180 Posts

Profile of AllanK
This really is very good! So easy to do and so very clean!! If you want a great routine to go with it, get (as John suggests) Sean Taylor's excellent Mindstorms book - and there are lots of other goodies in it, too!

Allan
Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

Profile of Anthony Jacquin
Thanks John.

I just placed my order. Your buy buttons do not seem to display in Firefox.

Anthony
Anthony Jacquin

Reality is Plastic! The Art of Impromptu Hypnosis
Updated for 2016

Now on Kindle and Audible!
archini
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
306 Posts

Profile of archini
Thanks guys.

I wasn't aware of the Firefox issue? Not sure why that is, they are the button/links supplied by paypal?

I may try and do a video of the effect without the presentation though in fairness people will think I have just put the money in the last envelope? I suppose it will demonstrate how clean the effect is if you choose to believe the video?

John.
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4175 Posts

Profile of bobser
I would do the video, but with a stooge. Obviously not say anything as that would spoil it.
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
Tony Razzano
View Profile
Inner circle
South River, NJ
1583 Posts

Profile of Tony Razzano
I had some email issues and had trouble receiving the PDF for a few days.

I want to thank John for his many efforts to get the situation resolved, which it did.

John's customer service is second to none.
Best regards,
<BR>Tony Razzano, Past President, PEA
Winner of the PEA"s Bascom Jones and Bob Haines Awards
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4175 Posts

Profile of bobser
Quote:
On 2010-05-04 09:51, Mentalist Sam wrote:
So many things here get over-hyped, especially download products from people we've never heard of or seen. John has a track record of delivering solid, commercial routines. This one is no exception.

Well I think this WAS overhyped. But in all fairness not from John, but rather every other writer in here. I'm not really sure why. I suppose it's social-compliance in operation again. He's a funny guy, we all like him, he's had some great stuff in the past = this must be good?
Then of course as each person ques up to confirm this to be the case the evidence builds and builds until he himself might well be excused for believing he's the second coming.
Anyway, sorry to be a party pooper. I think it's ok but the use of a TT is by far better for me personally.
bobser
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5410 Posts

Profile of Lord Of The Horses
Quote:
On 2010-05-06 09:32, bobser wrote:

Well I think this WAS overhyped. But in all fairness not from John, but rather every other writer in here.

Bobser,

How did you crack my subliminal code in this post of mine - the only one in this thread up to now - and knew I was actually overhyping John's bank night thru a subtle use of words like "keyboard" and "orange juice" ??? Smile

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/searc......=6573775
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
archini
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
306 Posts

Profile of archini
You are welcome to your opinion Bobser. However, I don't think people are over-hyping they are just expressing their differing opinion that they would prefer this to the use of a TT.

Personally I prefer 1. The ability to show the money being removed clearly from inside the envelope
2, being able to remove the money fully unfolded 3, Being able to produce a number of notes rather than just one. Also the hands are clean throughout and (with a slight re-ordering of the envelopes) the envelopes can be shown front and back through the routine.

Each to his own though and I appreciate that you may find another method preferable. Thanks for the purchase and sorry it's not for you.

John.
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5712 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Blank Night allows the traditional BN routine to be visually engaging from a greater distance through the ability to use larger envelopes. It also opens up the routine to different target items, including ones larger than bills.

The capacity of producing an unfolded item also lends itself to other productions. Years ago for a Valentine's Day show I used my Wynton Marsalis sold out Valentine's Night show tickets as the target prize. Because of the size of the tickets, they had to be folded to work with Osterlind's method from his opener. Since I didn't want to fold my actual tickets, I had to make up realistic duplicates for the routine.

Blank Night would have solved that problem with the trade off being a small degree of prop management. I could have even made the duplicte tickets larger and more visual from the stage.

This is a wonderful stage method which allows for the production item to be so much more than it has in the past. For me the "Blank" in Blank Night stands for the blank slate you have in terms of what you want to produce. Size limitation is no longer a limiting element.

To that end, John, you've got mail.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Blank Night - a new Bank night method (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL